Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Dvdsoon: Warning No Refunds Made Now

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Dvdsoon: Warning No Refunds Made Now

Old 11-10-05, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ChristianB
Despite their website still being up, I've heard that they are bankrupt now...

I even emailed them via the CONTACT US link and the [email protected] address given is now dead. Any emails are bounced back!?

"Sorry, no mailbox here by that name" is the error message I get.

My bank contacted me last week that DVDSoon informed the bank that my refund credit had been placed in my account at DVDSoon. I informed the bank that DVDSoon is a crook and liar, and cannot be trusted with any of their claims. I referenced the bank to this thread. Hopefully, DVDSoon and all of their lying gutter-type employees are unemployed. I would never give a job to anyone associated with this crooked outfit.

When I went to their website yesterday, I could not access any of my account records. Everything I sought "timed-out." Maybe, Interpol, the FBI, or Sherlock Holmes arrested the whole bunch of thieves and sent them to Abu Grahib prison in Iraq!

Last edited by oldchuckles; 11-10-05 at 12:35 AM.
Old 11-10-05, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,239 Likes on 825 Posts
DVDsoon have gone bankrupt. Good luck getting refunds...
Old 11-11-05, 06:18 AM
Cool New Member

I got my money back yesterday from Visa woo hoo is dvdsoon bankrupt, serves them right if they are!
Old 11-11-05, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,014 Likes on 721 Posts
I was credited with another reversal (a reversal of their reversal) on my Mastercard, shortly after I sent the e-mail explaining that their policy had changed. I.e. I currently have my $25 back. Hopefully that's the end of it.

For those stating that they're bankrupt, can anyone back that up? Source?
Old 11-11-05, 12:52 PM

You might want to check out this forum... members have been waiting over a month for items that were suposely shipped.

http://forums.dvd-swaps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=44
Old 11-11-05, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just to clarify, I wouldn't be surprised if they were bankrupt, but I was just looking for some concrete evidence supporting that.

Since I've got my money back, I'm not all that concerned, but there are a sh*tload of people that haven't. For that reason, I'm hoping it's just a rumour.
Old 11-11-05, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Tracer
You might want to check out this forum... members have been waiting over a month for items that were suposely shipped.

http://forums.dvd-swaps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=44
Oh...my. That is just sad. How gullible can some people be?
Old 11-12-05, 11:36 PM
Cool New Member

Are people still ordering?????????? Guess people like to lose money.

Wonder how much of these rumours are true, if they didn't behave in the illogical manner that they do they wouldn't have rumours like these doing the rounds. I'm happy I have a refund locked in now, just in case they go under, and I'm never ordering from them or Canada again...
Old 11-12-05, 11:49 PM
Cool New Member

Hey guys, has anyone tried these guys? lol they are in canada though

http://dvdimport.com/
Old 11-13-05, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sabretoothed
I'm never ordering from them or Canada again...
Umm... Oooookay... So if a great deal comes up at amazon.ca, you'll just let it go because you had trouble with a small online retailer?
Old 11-15-05, 05:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by andicus
Umm... Oooookay... So if a great deal comes up at amazon.ca, you'll just let it go because you had trouble with a small online retailer?
That's right. Fuck Canada.
Old 11-15-05, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Fincher Fan
"...with all that hockey hullabaloo, and that bitch Anne Murray, too..."
Old 11-19-05, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Fincher Fan
Well that's mature...
Old 11-19-05, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Looks like they are short on cash.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DVDSoon-com-Doma...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 11-19-05, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Their name and reputation isn't worth $1 anymore, let alone $100K. And e-bay of all places?
Old 11-19-05, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That is the funniest thing I've seen all day. Trying to sell a tarnished name? And the $100K doesn't even meet their reserve. It's got to be a fake auction...
Old 11-20-05, 12:13 AM
Cool New Member

Yep, because I've used amazon.ca, and its postage is expensive and it takes forever to come.

Looks like their are no consumer protection laws in Canada, thank god I've got VISA protection in my country to give me my money back otherwise they would still have my money!

Ebay what the heck lol!! Is that real, these guys most really be in trouble if its actually them selling?
Old 11-20-05, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by eXcentris
Like anyone respectable would want to be assocated with that website addy now.
Old 11-20-05, 03:24 PM
Cool New Member

Maybe for a $1 bid? You could have it for fun, and put warnings on it not to buy?
Old 11-20-05, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sabretoothed
Yep, because I've used amazon.ca, and its postage is expensive and it takes forever to come.
Amazon.com's postage is expensive for me, but I use them all the time. A deal is a deal, and obviously, you would take shipping cost into account when determining that.

Looks like their are no consumer protection laws in Canada
Forgive me if I don't think this sounds like an informed statement. If this was a U.S. retailer, and I was trying to get my money back, I'm sure I would face similar difficulties. Although your laws would likely vary by state, just as ours would likely vary by province.

I'd expect Fincher Fan was kidding. If not...
Old 11-23-05, 03:03 AM

That is the funniest thing I've seen all day. Trying to sell a tarnished name? And the $100K doesn't even meet their reserve. It's got to be a fake auction...
Please help out. What does it mean that "reserve not met" for the $100K asking price? I am not familiar with the auction process. Thanks (in advance) for sharing your knowledge!
Old 11-23-05, 04:56 AM
Banned

Everyone notice something fishy about this? It looks like DVDsoon is going to be reborn again under some other moniker only to rip people off again in the future. The sale is apparently JUST for the domain name and trademark. What about their business operations? NOT INCLUDED! So then you are simply stuck with a bad name, and no business to help recover.

Apparently, everyone needs to be on the lookout for a "new" Canadian online retailer coming soon, and be VERY leerie until it has been verified that they aren't DVDSOON-redux.
Old 11-23-05, 06:12 AM

Hi All

I know it's a story tht's been told before many times but I'm also a victim of dvdsoon.

Had over $1000 in credit after the rot set in and initiated chargebacks pretty quickly, fearing they were about to die. They came back to my CC saying that I had been issued credit blah blah same old story. i have 2 weeks until the case is closed and i am home free. What a nightmare though.

Theres been mention of people proving that the old rules allowed refunds and that the refund option was disabled a short while before the payment system changeover. Does anyone have a copy of the old rules? Like Andicus, that was what was requested by my CC to prove my point.

And Sabretoothed, how's your claim going??

cheers
darren
(melbourne)
Old 11-23-05, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by oldchuckles
Please help out. What does it mean that "reserve not met" for the $100K asking price? I am not familiar with the auction process. Thanks (in advance) for sharing your knowledge!
The $100K is the start bid price. With an auction you can set a reserve price and if the final bid does not go above that, the bidding is void. In their case, $100K seems ridiculous since that name is now = "avoid"
Old 11-23-05, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by darren-page
Theres been mention of people proving that the old rules allowed refunds and that the refund option was disabled a short while before the payment system changeover. Does anyone have a copy of the old rules? Like Andicus, that was what was requested by my CC to prove my point.
Hi Darren,

I would first ask your CC company to see if there are any similar claims being laid. Someone may have already provided the old rules, as in my case. The agent I was talking to wouldn't have known about it, except that an agent handling another claim heard her mention DVDSOON and told her that she had the old rules.

Good luck with your claim!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.