Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

In Seattle, how would you rate Scarecrow Video?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-05, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a dvd I was looking for on Scarecrow Video's web site. Are their region 1 dvds original? I did searches in the forum and found mixed emotions. How would you rate their dvds?
Old 07-15-05, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Interesting. I've never even heard of them until now. Of course, I don't live in the U-district.

I usually just buy from the Fry's 2 minutes away or Best Buy.

So, uh... this post was completely unhelpful.
Old 07-15-05, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've bought several laser discs from them on Ebay, and was to their store when I was in Seattle several year ago. Very interesting place with a lot of titles you'd never find back in my home town. Of course, back then it more tape and not a whole lot of dvd but I expect that to have reversed by now.

I can say that for laser discs, at least, they were excellent. But I've never bought a dvd from them, so I cant offer much help there.
Old 07-16-05, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I used to go to their store when I lived up there, it was OK. They're good for foreign and hard to find. The employees range from helpful to completely useless. The ones who are completely useless tend to have snobbish film attitudes for some reason.

I've mail ordered from them twice, the first time it was successful, the second time it wasn't at all. Without going into details, the second time I was either outright lied to by an employee over the phone, or they made a mistake. Which escallated over time, and ended up with one of their employees getting fired after he sent me an email that he thought was anonymous and called me a variety of names, even though I had done nothing to provoke him.

Use them at your own risk if you're not going to the B&M. I'm not sure I'd order the last kidney on earth from them if I needed a transplant.
Old 07-17-05, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure I'd order the last kidney on earth from them if I needed a transplant
I don't know why they would have a kidney at all, but if I needed one and they had the only one left on earth, I'm pretty certain I'd go for it regardless of their track record.
Old 07-18-05, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by BigT
I don't know why they would have a kidney at all, but if I needed one and they had the only one left on earth, I'm pretty certain I'd go for it regardless of their track record.
You'd be a fool not to wait around until the 20% DDDVD sale. They might have a kidney of their own by then.
Old 07-19-05, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I loved Scarecrow. I lived near Seattle for a minute and went there a few times. Always had something I wanted to see. As for buying from there, I don't know...and the knowledgable employees - if you're on this site, it's pretty much standard thinking that we're going to be more knowledgeable about DVD's than any employee at any retail establishment.

I say thumbs up.

= J