Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

New Yorker Video M.I.A. at DDD, DVD Planet, etc…

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 06-26-05, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know the story about this?

Deep Discount DVD, DVD Planet and Digital Eyes all used to carry New Yorker Video titles, such as Loulou, La belle noiseuse, L'Atalante, A Man Escaped, etc… In the last year, however, all these and other New Yorker titles have disappeared from these websites.

I know DDD and DVD Planet are owned by Infinity Resources Inc. (I’m not sure if Digital Eyes is owned by Infinity or simply uses that company for it’s fulfillment/support,) so I was hoping someone at this forum might have the inside scoop on this matter.

Was there a falling out between Infinity and New Yorker, and if there was, is there any hope of a resolution in the near future?

Last edited by RevKarl; 06-27-05 at 06:59 AM.
Old 06-28-05, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
I thought that I had read some time back that New Yorker Films was re-structuring (possibly to avoid bankruptcy). Some staff had been let go if I recall correctly. I'd try asking here:

Contact us at: [email protected]
tel.: (212) 645 4600 fax.: (212) 645 3030
Old 06-28-05, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Also, their webssite lists 25% off the purchase of any VHS / DVD.
Old 07-16-05, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by speedy1961
I thought that I had read some time back that New Yorker Films was re-structuring (possibly to avoid bankruptcy). Some staff had been let go if I recall correctly. I'd try asking here:

Contact us at: [email protected]
tel.: (212) 645 4600 fax.: (212) 645 3030
Thanks, speedy. I sent them an email a few weeks ago, but never got a reply (beyond the automatic "we received your email" response, that is.)

Actually, Overstock sells most New Yorker titles for 33% off MSRP (better than New Yorker itself, but not the 40% off DDD & Digital Eyes used to offer.) I ended up ordering three New Yorker titles yesterday, since I got lucky when one of the DVDs qualified for a "free shipping on your entire Overstock order" special.