Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

BEWARE of Intelli flix / DVD barn

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-05, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the worst DVD Rental ever. I live in Arizona and my movies still came late (it took at least 3 Days). I could have walked to their location, picked up my movies, watched the movies and sent them back in less time. The Unfortunate truth is that I am not kidding about this. Also when I cancelled my account they sent me a bill for $25.00 for a DVD they lost. I reported it lost but they still charged me for it. Read the fine print everyone. YOU are responsible for a lost DVD, not Intelliflix and you must pay for the DVD. They review every lost DVD with skepticism. What's up with that? It is obvious that Intelliflix does not trust the Customers they deal with. I have rented from at least 12 Online DVD Rentals and have never run into a policy as ridiculous as this. Every other DVD Rental has it in their policy that lost DVDs happen and the Customer will not be billed for the DVD. Believe it or not if you rent enough "mailed" in movies they get lost. I have lost 3 DVDs out of 300 (to 400) DVDs that I have rented. The Intelliflix policy is below:
Lost / Delayed Medias
It is the members responsibility to report medias as delayed. All items reported as lost are dealt with sceptisism. A problem media will not be removed from a users account until it has been reported by the user. This includes final rentals that are being returned during the 14-day grace period after a membership cancellation.
Membership Cancellation
Members may cancel at any time. Membership cancellation takes effect at the end of your current billing cycle. Refunds for unused portions of a membership will NOT be given. Upon cancellation, a member will have 14 days beyond his end of membership to return any DVDs that may still be outstanding. If the member does not return the DVDs within the 14 day period, then the account WILL be charged for the replacement cost of the outstanding medias. Replacement charge is $25.00 per media.

DO NOT RENT FROM INTELLIFLIX.
Old 01-13-05, 01:51 PM

Intelliflix?

Has anyone ever used Intelliflix (use to be called DVD barn) online rental before. It suppose to be just like Netflix except cheaper. Well anyway they are running a $7.99 (3 out dvd out at once)special right now and I wanted to know if it was worth giving a try.

http://www.intelliflix.com/superpass.dvd
Old 01-13-05, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Please don't even try this crap. It was absolutely THE WORST SERVICE I'VE EVER TRIED. Stick with BB or or Netflix, I've tried both and they are both worth the extra money.

I signed up seeing how low the price was for 3 out, boy was that a mistake. I'd say in one month I got about 5 films from them, the first one didn't even arrive until 2 weeks later. I sent them more than a couple emails only to never hear from them. Also, interacting with their queue was impossible. They'd never send me a film even remotely close to the top. One time, when I DID actually get a film from them, it arrived from some dude's PERSONAL ADDRESS in northern Minnesota. It's like someone is running this crap business out of their basement or something.

Naturally I cancelled a few days before the first month ended, luckily I didn't have problems cancelling, despite it being through their website. But just to be safe I checked for unauthorized charges on my cc for the next few months.

What a headache that service was.

Last edited by HE Pennypacker; 01-13-05 at 02:05 PM.
Old 01-13-05, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm wary of any company that has to label itself some form of "intelligent".
If they're trying to sound smart, that's a bad sign.

... then again, I'd still be wary of a place called "DVDBarn"...
Old 01-13-05, 02:25 PM

Thanks for the warning.

Thanks for the warning HE Pennypacker.
Old 01-13-05, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Correct! This service is horrible. I only rented 3 movies in my 1st month. So I guess I broke even compared with a regular B&M such as Blockbuster. No way I was going to renew this @#!!#$!

It was $13.xx and they even e-mailed me that they had received my copy of "eLF" even though I still had it . . . WTF!!!

*crosses fingers* So far, so good and I haven't had a problem with them charging my CC after cancellation.
Old 01-14-05, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by HE Pennypacker
Please don't even try this crap. It was absolutely THE WORST SERVICE I'VE EVER TRIED.
HE Pennypacker: How long ago did you try their service? If it has been a while, perhaps they have improved...at only 7.49 a month, I might give them a chance...

Last edited by Rob052067; 01-14-05 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-14-05, 05:06 PM

All the movies are sent from different independent video stores from around the country. I wouldn't trust them. All quality control is up to each video store so you never know if you are going to get a badly damaged disc. Also, I can see how there could be major problems that you couldn't easily resolve because of all the middle men involved.
Old 02-09-05, 08:11 PM

Intelliflix is the absolute worst!

I joined DVDbarn because it was cheaper than Netflix. Big mistake. After waiting more than a week to receive movies and more than a week for DVDbarn to receive them, and after having received two damaged disks, and after not receiving at least two DVD's, I decided to quit. A few months later, dumb me believed their promises that they had improved their service and they gave me an even lower rate. It was still horrible!

Since I quit this time they have charged my credit card 3 times for movies I never received or that they never "received" from me. This is completely unfair and, although this is small time money, I'm fighting this. If anyone out there has fought them on this please let me know. I would consider a class action suit, if appropriate. Any lawyers out there? Thanks for any help. This company is bringing itself down with their horrible service but I want to make sure it goes down before this happens to many more people.
Old 02-09-05, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Cheaper isn't always better. I have rented 12 DVDS so far in under a month. Plus, I also used one of the free rentals in store. I am cancelling though for right now due to $$ situation.
Old 02-12-05, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't rent from them, but here is my page created about them buying my dvds. Of course, being DVDTalk: I got responses from users who thought I had done something wrong and it got a little heated.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hlight=dvdbarn
Old 03-17-05, 02:53 PM

I had been a member of dvdbarn for years. They were purchased by intelliflix awhile ago. before intelliflix it was a good company with a good value, afterwards this has been nothing but a nightmare. I purchased the 1 year special. I asked if I could purchase a partial of the premium special at the discounted rate as I just wanted to try it out. I was then upgraded to a full year of the premium at the premium price. I emailed again and said i didnt want that and only wanted the standard if a mix/match couldnt be done for that 1 year. I was then charged for another year of service. I told them I didnt want that or the other one and wanted to be cancelled. It took many emails and i was then refunded for only the standard. I complained numerous times about wanting to completely cancel and I never received any movies for weeks and weeks for the final days of a current month i was in. I wasnt shipped a movie for weeks on end! I threatened to report the company and received a free month + the movies I rented a long time ago. After that month I received free I was charged a higher rate than any of the services I had ever purchased or inquired about for the next month (even though I wanted to be cancelled) I found the phone number and address at bbb.com and called them up. I was promised a refund and I am still awaiting it...

Call them with any complaints you may have and report them to the bbb if you go through anything like I did. This is the phone number that aparently reaches corporate office :-)
INTELLIFLIX INC.
1401 Forum Way,Ste 503
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
(561) 697-8771
Old 03-17-05, 07:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hurricane
Has anyone ever used Intelliflix (use to be called DVD barn) online rental before. It suppose to be just like Netflix except cheaper. Well anyway they are running a $7.99 (3 out dvd out at once)special right now and I wanted to know if it was worth giving a try.

http://www.intelliflix.com/superpass.dvd
Maybe it's me, but if the going rate for rentals online are about 17-20 bucks and someone comes along and says they'll offer that same plan for $8, there's something wrong. Also, think of the fact that each dvd that is sent is costing .37 per way, how can a company work on a guaranteed lose. I'm not going to do the math, but you see my point. You have to expect to pay something to get something in return.
Old 03-17-05, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,332 Likes on 908 Posts
Dbov -- did you copy and paste that or re-type it? "Sceptisism?" Personally, I would be leery of any business that stated that up front, especially if they misspelled it.
Old 06-03-05, 09:39 PM

DVDBarn/Intelliflix is HORRIBLE!

THIS IS A WARNING TO ANYONE WHO IS CONSIDERING JOINING DVDBARN, aka INTELLIFLIX. DON'T DO IT.
I had nothing but problems from the start. Broken DVD's, shipping times took forever to get to me, and I am in an area THEY claim is an "overnight" delivery area. I finally ended my membership with them in December of 2004, and they are still trying to bill me for a DVD they claim was never returned. GET THIS... the DVD they say I never returned was mailed back to them in an envelope with another DVD that they actually "checked in" as RECEIVED. The only reason I had to mail them both back in the same envelope is that their envelopes were so flimsy, they often arrived torn, and completely unusable.

NetFlix and Blockbuster.com, are 20,000 times better.

I won't be happy until they're OUT OF BUSINESS.
Old 06-04-05, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Let me just go ahead and get this out of the way...

To be posted by secondbestdad

Why the bad vibes?
I’ve been an Intelliflix customer since last year and have never had a problem with them. I’ve got an annual subscription with their SuperPass thing and it’s great. I’d do it again in a heartbeat and I recommend them to all my friends. I think the negative comments on here are way out of whack – people only write in when they’re upset usually, you know?

Anyway, Intelliflix is great – games plus movies and they’re cheaper than anyone!!
Old 06-04-05, 01:28 PM

Someone on another thread thought I worked for the company 'cause I gave them a good review, but I don't. I just posted because I figured intelliflix is getting a bad rap, and i know that people who are satisfied typically hang back while the ones who are ticked off get on and write reviews.

I'm surprised that people are having a bad deal with this company, because I've had nothing but good things to say about them. Their not perfect (I wish I could get newer movies, but I think all the services hold back new ones).

Yeah, it sucks that the guy above had a bad experience but I joined right at the end of last year and whatever probs they've had they must have fixed - or I've been lucky and haven't seen them...

Anyway, I'm still a supporter of intelliflix!
Old 06-04-05, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Someone on another thread thought I worked for the company 'cause I gave them a good review, but I don't. I just posted because I figured intelliflix is getting a bad rap, and i know that people who are satisfied typically hang back while the ones who are ticked off get on and write reviews.
Or maybe the person in that other thread was right, Seems kind of odd that you just joined the forum a day or two ago and all four of your posts are in support of intelliflix.
Old 06-04-05, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry, but cynical me tends to believe that when someone joins a forum specifically to promote or attack a website, they have an agenda - and that agenda has nothing to do with being a member of our community.

Even the selection of the OP's user name indicates that he is here to crusade, not contribute.
Old 06-04-05, 10:58 PM

Hey, i never said they were perfect - would love to get more movies from the top of my queue, and I don't try to watch 20 movies a month, maybe if I did I'd have a different view of 'em, who knows? But I agree with Marty888 - the other guy just seemed to joined to bash the company.
Old 06-04-05, 11:13 PM

So, here's a question - which of the sites is best at getting new releases? Anybody have an opinion? I have some at the top of my queue with intelliflix, but sometimes I end up getting the 4th or 5th movie instead. I've never been with netflix or blockbuster, does this same sort of thing happen with them?
Old 06-15-05, 03:11 PM

Intelliflix a Scam?

I joined Intelliflix last Friday and immediately put about 40 titles in my queue. The next day, I tried to goto the Intelliflix website to adjust my queue, and the site was down. I tried again on Sunday, but it was still down. Still down on Monday. Still down on Tuesday. Still down today. So now I'm getting a little suspicious, and I try to visit the site via proxify.net. Magically, the site is there again. Now I'm really concerned, so I do a Google search on Intelliflix (which I should have done before joining it), and hear all these terrible things about it.

So what should I make of all this? Is the site still there for all of you? I'm wondering if after I signed up they blocked my IP address from their site.
Old 06-15-05, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,168 Likes on 1,668 Posts
I don't get it... a new member, joined today, posting against Intelliflix? Or is this to get us to visit the site or something?

Anyway, sorry for threadcrapping, I'm sure someone else that has experience with Intelliflix will chime in... and maybe another new member too.
Old 06-15-05, 08:12 PM

The reason my first post here is about Intelliflix is because I found DVD Talk by doing a Google search for Intelliflix. Believe me, I'm not trying to get people to join. I wish I hadn't joined.

But I would appreciate if you would visit the site and tell if it even shows up for you. I just want to be sure that the reason it shows up when I use proxify isn't just because it's stored on the proxify servers or something like that.

If other people can get to the site but I can't, does this mean that Intelliflix is blocking my IP address? Or could there be another explanation? If I can't get to the site, how can I cancel my membership?
Old 06-15-05, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It works for me. I might be a routing issue between your ISP and Intelliflix.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.