Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

I hate Sears !

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-05, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate Sears !

I bought a Memorex dvd palyer in late April in Sears and the open button does not work. I tried to return it back to the store thinking that it has been less than 2 months that they will take it back. The manager told me that they change their return policy to 30 days back in Feb. He won't even give me store credit and he said that they won't be able to sent it back to manufacturer because they won't take it back after 30 days. Is it true ?

I was really upset that I did not know about the change of the policy. Last December when I bought a Sony minidv and salesman told me that their return policy is WITHIN REASONABLE TIME, you can return almost anything. I wish the salesman who sold me that dvd player would have told me about the new policy.

I have purchased many big items from sears and never return any one of them. This is the first time I need to return something cheap and they won't let me do it. I'll never buy anything from them again. I hate Sears.
Old 06-16-05, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts
I've hated Sears ever since they stopped selling CED Videodisc players.
Old 06-16-05, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jeyi
I bought a Memorex dvd palyer in late April in Sears and the open button does not work. I tried to return it back to the store thinking that it has been less than 2 months that they will take it back. The manager told me that they change their return policy to 30 days back in Feb. He won't even give me store credit and he said that they won't be able to sent it back to manufacturer because they won't take it back after 30 days. Is it true ?

I was really upset that I did not know about the change of the policy. Last December when I bought a Sony minidv and salesman told me that their return policy is WITHIN REASONABLE TIME, you can return almost anything. I wish the salesman who sold me that dvd player would have told me about the new policy.

I have purchased many big items from sears and never return any one of them. This is the first time I need to return something cheap and they won't let me do it. I'll never buy anything from them again. I hate Sears.

Do they have their return policy stamped on the backs of their sales slips like most stores? If it does and the wording is in YOUR favor, they must honor the wording on the sales slip. I remember being in a store and hearing an announcement over their in-store music that their return policy is 90 days, but if you have a problem after that time to make them aware of your concern and they will help you "make it right."

They have to take on some kind of attitude of helping the customer after being bought out by KMart. I cringe when I see KMart pharmacy blurbs in their Sunday ads.
Old 06-16-05, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It does said 30 days return policy on the back of the sales slips and I was not aware of this new policy change because I have been a customer to Sears for a long time and assume the policy was still the same.

I forgot that they are bought out by KMart and I always hate KMart and never shop there. No wonder that I hate Sears too now. I guess I should cut my Sears credit cards since I won't buy thing from there anymore.