Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVDSoon Exchange Policy?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DVDSoon Exchange Policy?

Old 05-09-05, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
DVDSoon Exchange Policy?

Has anyone had a damaged disc or something equivalent that required an exchange at DVDSoon?

I bought the new Rocky set last year from them and I finally got around to watching it recently. The Rocky disc is really really scratched and starts skipping at the halfway point. I usually check my DVD's right after I purchase them to make sure they are the correct discs, but now I will be checking for damage too.

I'm worried because I bought it last October, I think. Will they still accept an exchange? I will probably have to send the whole set back too. Ugh...
Old 05-09-05, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You may be out of luck exchanging the DVD since it was purchased so long ago, but I suggest calling customer service to see if they are willing help you out. Otherwise why not try getting something to remove the scratches from the disc surface. That might eliminate the skipping problem unless the scratches are deep.
Old 05-09-05, 10:11 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know if this is typical of their policies, but I bought the Peter Wimsey box set from DVDSoon in August 2003. When I finally got around to watching the the last story, I found I had two disc twos and no disc ones. When I informed them of this in March 2004, they shipped me a new box set and let me keep the one I had.

BTW, if anybody out there has two disc ones of The Nine Tailors, I'd love to trade a disc two for one of them.

Last edited by francois; 05-09-05 at 10:16 PM.
Old 05-09-05, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Their product replacement policy is here:

https://www.dvdsoon.com/members/product-replacement.xml
Old 05-10-05, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wonderful. I submitted the DVD Set for return and when I click on the button to "Issue RMA" (It's a PDF that you print out, fill out, and send back), nothing comes up! I guess I'll have to call. Fantastic.

Movielib - Thanks for the link BTW. I wished it would have worked
Old 05-10-05, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Update (if anyone cares) - The link to see the RMA didn't work initially, but if you click on the returns tab it will bring you to another screen where you can get the RMA again. I was able to get the PDF through that link instead.