Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Has Anyone Order From DVDPacific.com?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 04-19-05, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know it's not a deal but a simple question.

While searching through dvdpricesearch I notice the website but never order from them. Is the website good? or Bad?

Suggestions?
Old 04-19-05, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I wouldn't trust them. There was a thread a few months ago at the animeondvd.com forum stating that they had a major security breach with customer's credit cards. Not worth the worry, IMO.
Old 04-20-05, 10:44 PM

I ordered one dvd from them because it was a fantastic deal. Too good a deal, apparently, so they canceled it. No big deal. Then within a week of the cancelation, the site was hacked, my credit card information was stolen and someone used it to charge over $800 at Walmart. Canceled the credit card, got the charge reversed and now I'm ok - I hope.

Net result - even though I believe their site has been fixed, no more orders from DVD Pacific for me.
Old 04-21-05, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I've ordered from there a few times without any problems. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.
Old 04-21-05, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered from them once on a misprice, and it was cancelled. And a week or two later, they had that security breach and I was charged about $13.00 for something or other. I called my CC, cancelled my card and got the charges reversed, and emailed dvdpacific to remove me from their database.

I'll never shop there again.
Old 04-23-05, 12:47 AM

Indeed, problems happened during the security breach last year. Luckily I've cancelled my plan to order during that time until I made sure the problems fixed. Then I tried ordering, no problem. So in general my orders come 100% complete. The site looks unconvincing indeed, but for getting information on DVDs you can choose other online stores while buying in pacific. the price is very good, and for international customer like me, the shipping cost is definitely the cheapest among all US online stores.

I've made my order one month ago and everything goes just fine, processed within 24 hrs, arrive abt 4 days after ( I use courier). But it's up to you anyway. Deep Discount DVD in my opinion is the only US online store that can beat the price. Maybe you can trust DDD more as they are bigger merchant I think.
Old 04-24-05, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've ordered there multiple times with no problems.
Old 04-28-05, 08:35 PM

An excellent company and highly recommend. Great prices, good shipping and packing and customer service second to none.
Old 04-29-05, 12:19 PM

Good Prices, Good Customer Service, Web Site Usability could be better

DVDPacific has become my primary new DVD supplier, good prices, selection for obscure releases second only to Amazon, and customer service is highly responsive and always on target.

I really only have two complaints, one figuring out the coded notations and listings for pre-releases tends to be difficult, for example the old version of "Big Red One" vs. the new expanded version, the uncut version of Bad Education vs. the chopped R-Rated version. Making those sort of determinations has been difficult.

Second, why is the name of the place DVDpacific when the place is in Florida??

Highly recommended.
Old 05-01-05, 08:41 PM

I was one of the many people stung by their security breach last year. They now have a direct deposit option which I would recommend you use just incase something like that happens again. I've never had any direct contact from them explaining how my credit card details were obtained by a third party. They denied it originally, but then said it possibly could have been their fault. I'd never trust them with my CC details again. It was more trouble than it was worth, and I ended up having to cancel my card.

Apart from that fiasco, they've always dealt with my past transactions in a very professional manner. They sent me the wrong disc once and when I informed them they let me keep it, plus they refunded the full amount (including postage) on my original purchase.
Old 05-08-05, 03:10 AM

I've ordered from them a couple times in the past month. I haven't had any problems and they've been very communicative. Yes the site design could use work, but I was able o find some oop titles and some of the ever-elusive DVD-As. The orders went without a hitch.