Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Two Questions: www.dvdpacific.com a safe site and...

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-05, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has anybody ordered from dvdpacific.com and is it safe i've heard they've had problems with safe info in the past?

and has anybody been to the www.dvdplanet.com store, it used to be called ken cranes laserdiscs, but then they moved to orange country and have this real big store, surely i'm not the only one that's had the pleasure of being there before?

whoopss.... thanks in advance people.

Last edited by BenitoJuarez; 02-20-05 at 04:43 PM.
Old 02-20-05, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I use DVDpacific regularly. Always found their customer service to be very good - they reply very quickly, often the same day (even Sundays and national holidays), sometimes even within an hour! They seem to keep quite a lot of titles in stock and ship quite quickly. Their stock indicators seem to be reliable too.

When they had that hacker attack last year, I did find a fraudulent transaction on my credit card for a few hundred dollars. It happened a couple of weeks after they emailed all their customers, so I knew to be alert. My credit card company removed the transaction as soon as I reported it, so no biggy.

I haven't had any problems with fraudulent transactions since and I continue to use them. They appear to have upgraded their security considerably too.
Old 02-20-05, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
this should be in the store forum
Old 02-20-05, 05:20 PM

whoops, but it takes forever to get a response there and i was on the verge of ordering an item sorrrry
Old 02-20-05, 10:10 PM

Benito, If you speak spanish(I believe, because your mexican nickname) maybe you want read this:

http://p216.ezboard.com/fmundodvd431...cID=3285.topic
Old 02-20-05, 11:15 PM

I love DVD Pacific.
Old 02-22-05, 12:57 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by BenitoJuarez
has anybody ordered from dvdpacific.com and is it safe i've heard they've had problems with safe info in the past?

and has anybody been to the www.dvdplanet.com store, it used to be called ken cranes laserdiscs, but then they moved to orange country and have this real big store, surely i'm not the only one that's had the pleasure of being there before?

whoopss.... thanks in advance people.

DVD planet store is cool. They have a lot of dvds. Prices are good.
Old 02-24-05, 02:21 AM

DVD pacific is quite reliable and the price is cheap. Maybe the one that can compete with the price there is only Deep Discount DVD. But for international customer like me, the shipping rate of DVD Pacific is definitely the lowest. Security seems to be a problem in the past but I believe they have upgraded and I never had any fraudulent transaction until now.