Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

fye.com budget shipping question?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-05, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had pre-ordered donnie darko dc and angel season 5 from fye.com (i had a gift card) but i accidentally picked budget shipping. The order status said that it shipped last thurs but when i put in the tracking number it says:

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on February 10, 2005 to expect your package for mailing. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Is this normal? When do pre-orders usually arrive when using budget shipping?
Old 02-15-05, 10:10 PM

Yes ---

For one, the US Post Office "tracking" is not exacting that great. I have had this same thing happen to me on items I have shipped or have been shipped to me. Sometimes it works and sometimes not, mostly not. I have had it say the exact same thing (...we have been notified to expect a package...) even AFTER I got the package.

YMMV

One thing for sure is that it could take awhile for you to receive your package You will just have to be patient. There are threads throughout all these forums that have similiar tales using budget shipping -- some ahve gotten it in days others weeks !!!

I just ordered something late last week with budget shipping and got a shipping notice over the weekend or Monday (don't remember which), so I am on the lookout too and feel your pain.
Old 02-15-05, 10:28 PM

thanks for the info
Old 02-18-05, 12:59 AM

usps tracking just got updated!(god i hate budget shipping, i could have sworn that i picked standard when i placed my order):

"Your item was processed and left our PHILADELPHIA, PA facility on February 17, 2005. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."