Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Blockbuster box set rentals $6.99???

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-05, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know if this classifies as a "bargain" but I was at a Blockbuster last night and they had a full section of TV Box sets where you can rent the whole season for $6.99. This is the first Blockbuster I have seen this at so who knows if this is nationwide (if there is a franchise with more variety of policies, promotions, and prices from store-to-store than Blockbuster I have yet to see them). They had many box sets that weren't the latest season of the series on DVD (including Simpsons 1-4, 24 1&2, Alias 1&2, Band of Brothers, Sopranos 1-3, etc.)

Until now, I have bought many seasons on DVD and sold/traded them online because it was much cheaper to do this than pay $4 per disc. As much as I love shows like 24 and The Wire, for me they aren't shows that I like to re-watch certain episodes over-and -over (unlike Arrested Development and Curb) due to their seasonal storyline continuations. I'm just trying to get caught-up on many of them so I can watch them on live TV when the new seasons start.

Currently, I'm working my way through Season 2 of The Shield (rented from another Blockbuster) and it will cost me $16 ($4 per disc). For me, this is a great new alternative for many shows.
Old 02-18-05, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know they have the "No Late Fees" thing going now, but after a week late they charge you for it from what I read. Does the standard rental period still apply? This sounds good and all, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to finish a whole box set all that quickly to return it in time.