Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

What do I do if an eBay item never arrived?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 01-27-05, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

I ordered a $80 item off of eBay. I paid the guy with Paypal. He mailed the item last week and sent me a delivery confirmation number. According to the postal service website, it was delivered on the 20th, but I never received any package that day. I'm waiting to hear back from the seller. If I'm out $80, I'll be very pissed. Any advice?
Old 01-27-05, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You need to file a claim with the postal inspectors. Call your local post office to get details.
Old 01-27-05, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

exactly..the seller is off the hook IMO if USPS claims they delivered it.thats what delivery confirmation is for
Old 01-27-05, 10:10 AM

Damn. Alright, thanks.
Old 01-27-05, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Deke Rivers
exactly..the seller is off the hook IMO if USPS claims they delivered it.thats what delivery confirmation is for

Exactly - it appears the seller did everything correctly, so it's you vs. the USPS.

bummer.....
Old 01-27-05, 12:26 PM

You might want to double check with your neighbors if the mailman accidentally gave them the package.
Old 01-27-05, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

this happened to me yesterday..USPS delivered a package (they claim they did) from amazon to me, but I never got it..
Old 01-27-05, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts
Go to the PO and ask them to check into it. Usually, a postman will be able to remember where it went. You might say "well, they deliver so many packages ... they can't tell one from another". But they really do pay attention to stuff like that. If they left a package at your door, they'll probably remember...
Old 01-27-05, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by troystiffler
Go to the PO and ask them to check into it. Usually, a postman will be able to remember where it went. You might say "well, they deliver so many packages ... they can't tell one from another". But they really do pay attention to stuff like that. If they left a package at your door, they'll probably remember...
My mailman is notoriously shitty. My roommate once saw him walking down the sidewalk with packages falling out of his bag behind him, oblivious. So I wouldn't be surprised if the jerk just lost it. I really should have (1) gotten insurance and (2) had it sent to my office at school.

Either way, I'll be taking it up with the post office. The silver lining is that, since I was planning on getting reimbursed for the cost of this item through a research grant, if the seller is willing to mail me another receipt, I can at least get reimbursed. So it won't come out of my pocket.

Thanks for the advice, guys.