Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

question about fye back ordered items

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 01-16-05, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what are some other people experiences with back-ordered dvds from fye.com. I order shaun of the dead back in december and it says it is back-ordered. On the info page for sotd, it states that it is in stock. The reason i don't cancel it is because i used a coupon $10 of $75 and taking it away would put me below the $75 and fye told me that i would lose that $10(ie only get $10 credit instead of $20). Does anyone know if i can replace the sotd disc? How long will it take for them to get it in?
Old 01-17-05, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought FYE cancelled back orders after thirty days. However it has been a long time since I ordered anything from them, but I did have several back ordered DVDs that were cancelled because they never could get them. Can't customer service give you an answer to when they expect to receive any new inventory for the DVD?

Also I don't think there is any way to modify an existing order unless you have customer service cancel it and then place a new one, which would mean losing your coupon. You're probably out of luck unless they get the DVD title you ordered in stock. I suggest calling customer service.
Old 01-17-05, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i've e-mailed them a couple times, and they same some standard response like 'due to popular demand, the dvd is back-ordered' and that they don't have an estimated time of arrival but they'll e-mail me when it ships. i placed the order dec 28 so its got a bit to go until it reaches 30 days. I have a feeling that the order will be cancelled, i'll lose the copuon and they'll lose a customer.