Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

BEWARE of Intelli flix / DVD barn

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

BEWARE of Intelli flix / DVD barn

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-05, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Pilot. I called my ISP to check into that. That wasn't the issue, but the tech guy suggested deleting my cookies, and that did the trick. How I got a cookie on my PC that prevented me from going to Intelliflix.com, I have no idea.

I'm still gonna cancel my membership. I signed up on June 10th and I have 52 titles in my queue. So far, only one has been shipped to me and it hasn't arrived yet. Now I just have to decide whether to use the month I paid for or just cancel now and be done with it.
Old 06-16-05, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,187 Likes on 1,683 Posts
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
The reason my first post here is about Intelliflix is because I found DVD Talk by doing a Google search for Intelliflix. Believe me, I'm not trying to get people to join. I wish I hadn't joined.
Sorry, and welcome to the forum!

If you read through the other Intelliflix threads, there's always some new poster (different each time, I think) that hypes up Intelliflix and complains that only the complainers post and that many more people are satisfied with the service, etc.
Old 06-19-05, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Jayhawk, I'm guessing you are from KS.
Old 06-19-05, 08:56 PM

Yep Ketamine, I'm from Kansas.

I finally got my first DVD from Intelliflix... 8 days after signing up. The strange thing is that, according to Intelliflix, I already returned this DVD. I got an email saying that they had received the DVD back from me before I had even gotten it.
Old 06-20-05, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig
Sorry, and welcome to the forum!

If you read through the other Intelliflix threads, there's always some new poster (different each time, I think) that hypes up Intelliflix and complains that only the complainers post and that many more people are satisfied with the service, etc.

LOL, that's so true!
Old 06-21-05, 07:36 PM

I signed up a week ago with Intelliflix for the premium plan. I quickly added 36 movies to my queue. My queue shows they sent out 3 movies on the 13th of June today is the 21 st and I'm still waiting for the 3 movies. I tried reporting the problem, for 3 days I kept getting database error when trying to report the problem. Finally I was able to send the report and this was their reply.

Dear :XXXX
Unfortunately we can not control the post office and sometimes DVD's
will get delayed in the mail. We will investigate the cause of this
delay with your shipping centers. Please let us know if you receive
them in the next few days. We appreciate your business and hope you
continue to use Intelliflix for all your online rentals.

Thank you,
Intelliflix Customer Support

So far my review of Intelliflix is that their service sucks ass. I will definately not pay for another month of this crap.
Old 06-24-05, 03:36 AM

http://www.bbbsoutheastflorida.org/n...33000023003768

Is this them?

INTELLIFLIX INC.
1401 Forum Way,Ste 503
West Palm Beach, FL 33401

Principal: Keisha Frederick, Customer Support
Local Phone Number: (561) 697-8771
Membership Status: This company is not a member.
TOB Classification: Mail Order & Catalog Shopping

The information in this report has either been provided by the company, or has been compiled by the Bureau from other sources.

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unanswered complaints.

Licensing Information

This company is in an industry that may require licensing, bonding or registration in order to lawfully do business. The Bureau encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.

Company Management

Keisha Frederick, Customer Support.

Additional File Information

The Bureau has requested basic information from this company. The Bureau has not received a response. Without this information, the Bureau may not have current information concerning such things as the company's management or its nature of business.

The information in this report has either been provided by the company, or has been compiled by the Bureau from other sources.

Report as of: 6/24/2005

Copyright: 2005 BBB of Southeast Florida

As a matter of policy, the Better Business Bureau does not endorse any product, service, or company. BBB reports generally cover a three-year reporting period, and are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information contained in this report is believed reliable but not guaranteed as to accuracy. Reports are subject to change at any time.

The Better Business Bureau reports on members and non-members. Membership in the BBB is voluntary, and members must meet and maintain BBB standards. If a company is a member of the BBB, it is stated in this report.
Or is it this: http://www.data.bbb.org/phoenix2.asp

DVD BARN, INC.
14447 N. 73rd Street (undeliverable)
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Original Business Start Date: 07/01/01
Type of Entity: Corporation
Principal: Paul Vernon, Chief Executive Officer
Phone Number: 480-948-7888
Fax Number: 602-266-5955
Web Site Address: www.dvdbarn.com
Membership Status: no
Type of Business: Video Tapes & Discs Sales & Rentls

This company is not a member of this Better Business Bureau.

CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unanswered complaints.

According to information in Bureau files, it appears that this company is no longer in business. The phone numbers the Bureau had for this company are disconnected, and directory assistance does not have a listing for this company. The Bureau's mail to this company has been returned as undeliverable.

The Bureau is in receipt of one or more unanswered complaints. If you have an unresolved dispute with this company you may wish to seek legal advice.

LICENSING INFORMATION

This company is in an industry that may require licensing, bonding or registration in order to lawfully do business. The Bureau encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.

ADDITIONAL TELEPHONE NUMBERS

Additional phone numbers for this company include:
(480) 948-0080.

ADDITIONAL ADDRESSES

Additional addresses for this company include:
8656 Tourmaline Blvd., Boynton Beach, FL 33437.

REPORT DATE: 06/24/2005

COPYRIGHT DATE: 2005 The Better Business Bureau

STANDARD DISCLAIMER

As a matter of policy, the Better Business Bureau does not endorse any product, service, or company. BBB reports generally cover a three-year reporting period, and are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information contained in this report is believed reliable but not guaranteed as to accuracy. Reports are subject to change at any time.

The Better Business Bureau reports on members and non-members. Membership in the BBB is voluntary. Members must meet and maintain BBB standards. If a company is a member of the BBB, it is stated in this report.

Last edited by battlingbutler; 06-24-05 at 03:52 AM.
Old 07-05-05, 11:34 PM

I am in complete agreement with all negative posts re: Intelleflix. At first (starting last Feb), I got DVDs fairly regularly. I felt I was getting my Super Pass money's worth ($99.00/year membership) but service has gradually deteriorated. For the past 7 days, I have had only 1 DVD "out". There are 30+ dvds in in "wish list" from old dvds (e.g., Omega Man) to new releases.

Numerous e-mails to inquire why they have stopped shipping dvds elicit generic, non-informative e-mails that never answer my specific questions. In one e-mail they listed a number of generic reasons why dvd shipments may temporarily stop. The most interesting reason was "distribution center(s) being over quota".

This suggests that although the DVD may be available for shipment, the distribution center does not have to ship it if thier client load is above a certain level.

At one point (over 3 days ago) they stated that shipment MIGHT resume in 48 hours.

Of course the refuse to answer the following question:

"What about your "We ship faster than Netflix" promise ?"
Old 07-05-05, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

merged all the damn intelliflix threads..everybody stay away from this company...simple as that..
Old 07-06-05, 01:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All I have to say, IS YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR PEOPLE! You pay $99 for a year, hello, sounds a little to good to be true and apparently is. Think McFly, think.
Old 07-06-05, 12:18 PM

Actually, they are $2 more a month than Blockbuster if you sign up for their normal plan. I will have been an Intelliflix member for 1 month at the end of this week, and so far I have received 6 DVDs. During my 2 week free trial at Blockbuster, I was able to go through 13 DVDs (15 if you count the coupons for free rentals at their stores).

Basically, I'm paying about 57 cents per rental from Blockbuster and $2.25 per rental from Intelliflix.

I should have suspected something wasn't right when their SuperPass offer, which is their "limited time promotion to celebrate the 'year of the customer;" kept being extended to whatever the current date was.

Last edited by Jayhawk; 07-06-05 at 12:23 PM.
Old 07-06-05, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

intelli flix & DVD barn are now censored due to how horrible this company is, and to deter them from spamming us with their horrible business.
Old 07-06-05, 10:46 PM

update:
In a recent e-mail from Intelli***, they told me that my complaints about the recent halt in shipping of dvds were unwarranted because my 5 month dvd rental average was higher than the total subscriber average of 7. That's right... a whopping SEVEN dvds per month on average.
Old 07-07-05, 05:39 AM

Wow...you mean my 8 DVDs a month is above average. My DVDs take about 4.25 days to get here and 3.50 days to be checked in. I was going to complain but I know it will not do any good after they did not respond to my first e-mail.

I was thinking the only way this company might be good for you is if you live in the Northeast. I live in Illinois and I have received two DVDs each from Texas, Minnesota, Tennessee, and West Virginia. Everything else the past four months has been from New York, Connecticut, New Hampshire, and mostly Massachusettes.

Anyone else notice how they kind of got rid of their "I've Sent It Back Feature?" I noticed it was no longer advertised and you can only use it on one DVD instead of two. From their terms: "This feature is an add-on beta component and is not a guaranteed component of a membership."

I love on their front page it says "Next Day service available to over 400 cities and growing weekly." Then in their FAQ it says "Next day service to over 400 US cities across America & growing every day." Four months later and still just 400 cities.

AARGH! Eight months left!
Old 07-15-05, 09:08 PM

Check this out....I just got a $64 refund on my $99 "super pass" membership fee. It wasn't easy...I can't remember how many times they said "NO REFUNDS". I am, however, permanently black listed.
Old 07-15-05, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

why does everyone keep typing.like.this.when.talking.about.intelli.flix? its a bad company and i should stay away from it...got it.
Old 07-16-05, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by atari2600
why does everyone keep typing.like.this.when.talking.about.intelli.flix? its a bad company and i should stay away from it...got it.
I have the forum do it automatically incase one of them from the company joins and tries to promote the company, it'll piss em off..or at least make it somewhat annoying