Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone order from HKflix.com?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-04, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was gonna pre-order 2046 it states the DVD is all-region and NTSC so I wanted it but there's no date for when it comes out. Has anyone ordered from them? Are they trustworthy?
Old 12-15-04, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i've had no problems with them. however, i usually order my asian discs from dddhouse -- their prices are great, shipping fast, and discs arrive in excellent condition. 2046 can be found here:

http://www.dddhouse.com/dddhouse/en/...productID=4178

kms

ps. i had no idea wong kar wai had a new movie available. thanks for the heads up.
Old 12-15-04, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered a Malata multi-region player from them a year or two ago. No problems.
Old 12-15-04, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
btw, comes out to 14.15 shipped from dddhouse.

kms
Old 12-15-04, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
I've ordered from them 3 times over the past two years. They are completely legit. I have an item still on backorder from my last order but they are shipping it at their expense, plus they gave me a coupon for free shipping on my next order. They have some really cool Asian movies that you don't see in too many places. I really want to get some of those Shaw bros. releases by Celestial Pictures. A friend of mine had one and it looked amazing. They are R3 only, I was hoping they would come out in R1.
Old 12-16-04, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I placed one order with HKFlix over a year ago, had no problem.

BUT - I usually order from dddhouse or www.layoyo.com - two HK sites that are totally reliable and usually much cheaper.
Old 12-16-04, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
I've heard good things about dddhouse, but they are physically located in Hong Kong, so you have to deal with Exchange rates and international shipping, etc. I don't know what you would have to do to contact customer service by phone. I suppose their dvds are "fresher" though. I had never heard of www.layoyo.com. I went to look at them but their website is down right now, which doesn't give me a lot of confidence.

Edit: I guess it was just a momentary glitch, layoyo is back up. They seem to have really good prices. I'm going to have to spend some time looking at that site. They are also located in HK, though. HKFlix is located in Los Angeles.

Last edited by Quatermass; 12-16-04 at 11:14 AM.
Old 12-18-04, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Quatermass
I've heard good things about dddhouse, but they are physically located in Hong Kong, so you have to deal with Exchange rates and international shipping, etc. I don't know what you would have to do to contact customer service by phone.

Take the plunge - they are the ones who have to deal with international shipping, and your credit card will automatically do the exchange rate - it's really no different that ordering from a stateside site as far as your procedure is concerned. I've had reason to contact them twice - and in both cases my emails were answered within a day or so.