Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

ddd cs non-existent?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

ddd cs non-existent?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-04, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ddd cs non-existent?

Placed an order with them 12/6 (10 dvd's, total $182.77). 2 days later order still didn't ship despite email confirmation saying 'in stock' for all items. Emailed them asking when it was going to ship. No reply for 3 days so decided to email them again asking to cancel my order. That was 2 days ago and they continue to ignore me. Sent them numerous emails since, with zero response so far.

This is frustrating.

I want to order these items elsewhere but not before this order is officialy cancelled.
Old 12-10-04, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
While I admit the email response is slower than a one legged turtle, the 800 number CS is close to excellent..

Try that.
Old 12-10-04, 11:29 AM

Being an international customer i don't think that would work?
Old 12-10-04, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
ah, damn.

I got nothing then.

Maybe how 'bout titling your next email subject "HOT Teen Girls --- NUDE!!" Maybe that'll get their attention...
Old 12-11-04, 12:12 AM

Update -

just received an email from rick @ ddd after he read this thread. He's going to cancel my order as quickly as possible.

I'll post back here when the problem is solved.
Old 12-11-04, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts
I have found DDD to have very, very good customer service. I always get a response to an email.
Old 12-11-04, 02:09 PM

Order is still 'open' and i haven't heard back from rick yet. But i guess it being saturday today has something to do with that.
Old 12-12-04, 11:38 PM

Order is closed now, problem solved.

Thanks rick.
Old 12-13-04, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For the record, the 800 number CS does work for international customers -- I used it a couple of times during the sale.
Old 12-13-04, 03:25 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I called them this morning and was able to speak to a live person in a couple of minutes. They emailed me a return mailing label.
Old 12-15-04, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by eau
I called them this morning and was able to speak to a live person in a couple of minutes. They emailed me a return mailing label.
Ditto. I was able to find time to call this morning. After about 5 minutes of waiting, I was able to talk to "Laurie/Lori", who was able to help me with 5 order changes. I did this once before during their last 20% off sale; I didn't receive any order confirmation, but everything arrived without a hitch. Again, I didn't receive any confirmatory email, but I can only hope that this will go as smoothly....
Old 12-16-04, 10:54 AM

IF DDD is reading this ,anything going on withthe site today?, tried placing an order and everything goes fine until I continue checkout and then it keeps saying my cart is empty, then I go back to cart and it's still there..tried everthing, clearing it all ,starting over, logging in and out..keeps doing it.
Old 12-17-04, 01:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I've had nothing but excellent customer service by email and by phone (always the best way) from DDD.
Old 12-21-04, 06:02 PM

Excellent CS in my opinion. I cancelled an order last night very quickly and easily. Also during the first DDD discount sale the site was going VERY SLOW, so I had to call in my order, the rep on the phone was excellent.
Old 12-31-04, 10:16 AM

I also have had good customer service with DDD, Mailed back a bad dvd plus one that I accidently doubled ordered and got a new disc mailed to me plus credit on my cc within a reasonable amount of time. Kudos to DDD.
Old 12-31-04, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RavenTwo
I also have had good customer service with DDD, Mailed back a bad dvd plus one that I accidently doubled ordered and got a new disc mailed to me plus credit on my cc within a reasonable amount of time. Kudos to DDD.
How long did it take? Did they e-mail you to let you know that they have received the defective DVD? I sent back a defective DVD more than two weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything from them. I also checked the order status page to see if there was an update(there wasn't). I want to know how long I should wait before I contact them about it(I don't want to be a pain in the butt). Thanks.
Old 12-31-04, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have to chime in. It seems like a lot of members agree that their phone CC reps are great. However, they're email CS is a bit lacking, if existant at all.

If they're helpful in one way, they're helpful period. In my deck, they're aces. Especially with the experience I had.
Old 01-02-05, 04:12 AM

"How long did it take? Did they e-mail you to let you know that they have received the defective DVD? I sent back a defective DVD more than two weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything from them. I also checked the order status page to see if there was an update(there wasn't). I want to know how long I should wait before I contact them about it(I don't want to be a pain in the butt). Thanks."

Took about 2 weeks, All I got was a reshipment email for the defective disc. This was like a week before Christmas so I wasn't expecting real fast service with the mail.
Old 01-02-05, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
"How long did it take? Did they e-mail you to let you know that they have received the defective DVD? I sent back a defective DVD more than two weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything from them. I also checked the order status page to see if there was an update(there wasn't). I want to know how long I should wait before I contact them about it(I don't want to be a pain in the butt). Thanks."

Took about 2 weeks, All I got was a reshipment email for the defective disc. This was like a week before Christmas so I wasn't expecting real fast service with the mail.
Thanks for the info.
Old 01-02-05, 06:34 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Same here.

I sent a defective boxset back using their return mailing label. About two weeks later I received a shipping confirmation email for the replacement.
Old 01-03-05, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by SlingshotBandit
However, they're email CS is a bit lacking, if existant at all.
I have to strongly disagree with this. The people at DDD always answer my emails, usually within a day or two. Maybe it's a matter of giving precedence to polite emails vs. ones that are nasty; I'm no pushover, but I'm never irate because I realize that any problems with the delivery of an order are usually the fault of the postal service.
Old 01-04-05, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Norm de Plume
I have to strongly disagree with this. The people at DDD always answer my emails, usually within a day or two. Maybe it's a matter of giving precedence to polite emails vs. ones that are nasty; I'm no pushover, but I'm never irate because I realize that any problems with the delivery of an order are usually the fault of the postal service.
Disagree if you'd like. And I won't debate you because you're speaking from experience.

As am I, however. My experience was based on only incident -- when I didn't receive an order I placed during the 20% off sale. I had used the Bill Me Later option and had not received any word from them, or noticed that the dvds were shipped.

I waited and waited, and then I had sent a very detailed and thorough email from them. I can be quite verbose. One thing I'm not, however, is "nasty." Trust me, dealing with customers most of my life, I've been on the receiving end of people trying to get all nasty. (Won't work with me, however.) But, anyway, that's not my approach if you're comment was directed at me.

After the very detailed email was sent, days went by until it was about a week. I decided to call them. I was on hold for 15 min. Decided I'd have to try another time as I had to start leaving for work.

Tried one more time and waited on hold for approximately 12 minutes. Finally a customer service rep picked up the phone. I told the lady my situation and she said they had sent me an email stating that Bill Me Later declined me. (Booo!) That's all fine and well, but I never received it. I check my spam folder everyday. Between looking at my inbox and spam folder I didn't see anything from them or Bill Me Later for weeks! Now I can't be certain that they never did send me one, but I'm certain that I never received an email from them. So basically I was left in the dark. And all-in-all, my experience with DDD.com through email hasn't been a pretty one. Fortunately, their phone service was a godsend and more than made up for their incommunicado through email.

Anyway, from there on (talking on the phone) it was a very pleasant experience. It was a rough road getting there, but once I reached the destination it was smooth sailing.

And that, my friend, is how I derived my opinion regarding their customer service via email.