Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone's Netflix disc delivery service starting to suck?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Anyone's Netflix disc delivery service starting to suck?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-08, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 812 Likes on 317 Posts
Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
In the past 3 days, I've gotten two broken discs. Anyone else with similar issues?
Yes, actually. I've received two cracked Blu-rays in a row: Ratatouille and literally just popped in Across the Universe and it won't play. It's especially irritating finally receiving Ratatouille after being on the "Long Wait" status since it's release only to have it fuck up. Fortunately the replacement arrived within a couple of days.
Old 02-25-08, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,384 Likes on 943 Posts
I'm totally holding all my discs for Saturday shipping for new releases on Tuesday. I just got confirmation they are sending out 30 Days of Night. Woooo. Been looking forward to this one for a while. Also shipped out the Assassination of Jessee James.
Old 02-26-08, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
I had a dvd set to ship yesterday and it never did. The shipping status never changed from "shipping today" though. It still says it now. If it doesn't get shipped today, I guess I'm going to have to call and complain.
Old 02-27-08, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, Netflix did that again also. Said Shipping Today....then it said Shipping Tomorrow. I guess i oculd complain, I jus tdon't have the time of effort to do it.

On a GOOD note, they did ship 30 Days of Night on Blu-Ray on MONDAY. Watched last night.
Old 02-27-08, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most of my top ten in my queue is mired by Very Long Wait or Long Wait status. It sucks. I'd really like to see some of these movies soon and not have to wait three months like I did with one of the last "Very Long Wait" movies. Blu Ray is even worse. I love the selection, but I hate the waits.
Old 02-27-08, 02:05 PM
Banned

Netflix has been crap this week. Supposed to get Silk and Goya's Ghosts today. Neither came. One didnt even end up shipping until today (It said "Shipping Today" most of yesterday until it changed to "Shipping Wednesday" around 10:00 pm. And of course I still have not received The Assassination of Jesse James.....even though it's been no. 1 on my list since release day.
I usually get 3 movies on tuesday, watch them, they ship on Wed., Net flix gets them Thurs and ships 3 more and I get those 3 on Fri. Then I watch those and ship those and On the following monday 3 more are shipped. SO thats make 6 DVD's a week. Now I only get 3 this week so that sucks.
Old 02-27-08, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Does Netflix not carry WR: Mysteries of the Organism? I can't seem to find it on their web site.
Old 02-27-08, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by NoirFan
Does Netflix not carry WR: Mysteries of the Organism? I can't seem to find it on their web site.
Probably not. You can request that they get a copy however.
http://www.netflix.com/Suggest?type=0
Old 03-03-08, 11:04 AM

the last 4 weeks I have not been shipped a new release title. I ship all my disc back on Friday/Sat. I switched back from BB online at the end of Jan because of their $$ hike.
When I used Netflix last year I had no problem getting new releases, yea 1 would slip a week but this is not going to work for me.
I guess its a case of you get what you pay for. I will be going back to BB online at the end of the month.
At least then I can get new releases in store.
Old 03-05-08, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Okay, this is the third week in a row that at least two discs are shipped from a different distribution center. What's up with that???
Old 03-05-08, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DVD.guy
Okay, this is the third week in a row that at least two discs are shipped from a different distribution center. What's up with that???
I've had this happen to me twice in the last few weeks with one being shipped from Chicago and I'm in California. I think this may become more of a regular thing unfortunately. I'm calling for a bonus disc each time it happens. This was never the case until recently for me.
Old 03-05-08, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVD.guy
Been happening to me a lot lately too.
Old 03-08-08, 11:05 AM

I'm with all of you. This is my last month of Netflix. I'm pulling the plug....broken disks they should send you the replacement AND the next movie in your queue. Shipping from a different area...so it takes TWICE AS LONG saying it's shipping today and instead tomorrow....and of course the number one reason! very long wait....I'm better off just going to blockbuster. I doubt I'll ever get into the wild from Netflix. Not this month anyway. It's so bad I've stopped getting blu-ray format and just sticking with sd. Netflix' blu-ray quantities are so scarce it's just unbelievable.

I'll admit it, I really enjoyed their selection. But over the past 2 months, the service just really hit rock bottom. Maybe because more and more people are signing up. Well then they should acquire more movies. But it's common sense....if a movie comes broken/ send the replacement and the next movie! It's only fair. My .02
Old 03-08-08, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 184 Posts
At least Netflix hasn't tried charging me for movies I've never rented....
Old 03-09-08, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mike2
But it's common sense....if a movie comes broken/ send the replacement and the next movie! It's only fair. My .02
I just did a 2 week free trial with Blockbuster Online. They shipped me a broken disc. On Saturday I requested a replacement and mailed it back. On Tuesday they shipped the same broken disc back to me for my replacement.

Netflix never did anything to me nearly a stupid. Needless to say, i'm not switching from NF anytime soon.
Old 03-09-08, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,833 Likes on 2,745 Posts
For me it's heading into week 3 and I still haven't gotten Michael Clayton, Jesse James, In the valley of Elah and No Reservations. They all have "Very Long Waits" apparently.
Old 03-09-08, 01:47 PM
Banned

^And if you will notice those are all Warner Bros. titles ...
I have had problems getting some recent WB titles as well both with Netflix and my local movie gallery. ...Jesse James.... I couldn't get from either Netflix or movie gallery (which didn't have 1 copy) so i eventually had to blind buy the bare bones release something I almost NEVER do. In the valley of Elah looked like I was never gonna get that so i had to use a coupon to rent it at my local movie gallery which did have 2 copies. It seems like WB underestimated the demand for these films or something....
Old 03-09-08, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chris_sc77
^And if you will notice those are all Warner Bros. titles ...
I have had problems getting some recent WB titles as well both with Netflix and my local movie gallery. ...Jesse James.... I couldn't get from either Netflix or movie gallery (which didn't have 1 copy) so i eventually had to blind buy the bare bones release something I almost NEVER do. In the valley of Elah looked like I was never gonna get that so i had to use a coupon to rent it at my local movie gallery which did have 2 copies. It seems like WB underestimated the demand for these films or something....
I don't have a source on this but I'm 90% sure I heard it somewhere on these forums....

I believe I had heard that WB was doing some type of program where their releases were going to debut on pay-per-view at the same time as their video debuts. Thus, places were ordering less copies figuring the demand wouldn't be as high.
I recall as far back as September, Hollywood Video received a couple of copies of The Astronaut Farmer and the Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie so this has been going on for a while.
Old 03-10-08, 07:06 PM

Netflix has been very solid this go around compared to other times I've used it. No delayed shipping or shipping from collection centers on the other side of the country so far.
Old 03-10-08, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm dropping netflix too, they throttled me last month and even though this month my renting speed is 1/3rd what it was last month, it seems I'm still being throttled... anyway it doesn't matter, netflix will soon be obsolete and the owners are already probably billionaires so it's not really 'sticking it' but enough's enough.
Old 03-11-08, 09:54 AM

Good luck getting new releases. I've had to rent from Blockbuster..into the wild. Ya it was $5bucks 1/3 of the cost of netflix' monthly charges. But I wanted to see it and I didn't feel like waiting a month for it to become " available" I also bought American Gangster and Valley of Elah...Netflix is done after this month for me. adios!
Old 03-11-08, 02:38 PM

I love NetFlix. I'm only home once-a-week anway so when I get there the dvd's already had four or five days to get to me. plus I like ordering some of the previously viewed movies b/c they usualy arrive quicker than ones I order used from Amazon.
Old 03-14-08, 04:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I've noticed a little slow down in my service, but it's not too bad. Besides, I've got a lot to watch at the house already.

There's definitely a difference, though.

= J
Old 03-14-08, 05:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This has been one of the better weeks I've had with Netflix in a while. Everything has been shipping locally and on the same day that titles are received. Very nice change of pace.
Old 03-14-08, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'll never use Netflix again, since they're convinced I'm a moron. I used their free trial about a year ago and canceled before ever being charged. Now, once every two weeks, I get a couple of emails from them and a letter in the mail (with a Netflix "card") telling me how their service is much more awesome than before. The rates are their best ever!!! And because I'm such a valued customer, I have a special priority code and secret URL to get the best rates imaginable if I resume service!!! But hurry! It expires on -- who cares, because I'll get another one in two weeks.

1) The 24 Blu-ray discs I watched during my free trial should be a red flag that I'm not a user. I'm an abuser. They really don't want my business.
2) The rates haven't changed since my free trial. There's nothing different about the service.
3) The "priority code" doesn't do shit. Same service, same prices.

I have nothing against Netflix, but they must think their customers are idiots. OMG, let me hurry up and use my Netflix "card' and my priority code quickly, or else I won't be able to lock in the exact same rate everyone else gets every day! I canceled this service under the exact circumstances that they've been trying to cram down my throat for months. If you want people to come back, offer a small discount or a free month or something, anything to make it different from what they canceled. I wouldn't come back anyway, because I'm not interested in the service right now (the reason I canceled), but their approach is just plain insulting.

Consumer: How much for that service?
Provider: $20
Consumer: No thank you.
Provider: But wait! What if I told you you could get the same service you just declined, but for only $20?
Consumer: What? No.
Provider: You drive a hard bargain, sir. I'll willing to go as low as $20, but that's my final offer!

Idiots.

das

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.