Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon, how fast do they ship preorders?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon, how fast do they ship preorders?

Old 12-14-04, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems amazon shipping speeds are fast on single releases and slow on boxsets. Every DVD single I've ordered arrived 2-3 after ship date. Every boxset I've ordered arrived 5-7 days later. Most recently I pre-ordered the Matrix 10-disc set. It shipped Saturday, December 4 and is scheduled to arrive by UPS tomorrow, Wednesday, December 15. That's 11 days, the longest it has ever taken amazon to ship anything. That has convinced me avoid purchasing boxsets from amazon whenever possible.

It's possible my experience is related more to the weight of a shipment and not because it's a boxset.
Old 12-15-04, 09:20 PM

I wonder if it will help if I talk to a CSR at Amazon regarding my preorder. It is ridiculous to ship a movie 3 weeks after release date.

If I cancel and reorder again today it will be shipped immediately, but I will lose my STL.......Crap!
Old 12-16-04, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I complained about the delay. They responded with the "free shipping takes longer" but then upgraded me to 2nd day shipping. My order is being packed now.
Old 12-16-04, 08:19 AM

Instead of canceling and reordering, I went into my order and made changes to the shipping address, essentially changing it back to the same address. The edit bumped my order to be the last order in their list and I got a "shipping soon" message within 10 minutes. Last in first out!

PS: I never preorder from Amazon due to this problem. I bought ROTK as a preorder because I had a $25 GC from my Visa card usage. My advice to people is, if you need to preorder, wait until 3 days before release date and then preorder (unless of course you had an STL like me, which requires you to place the order before it expires).

Last edited by Hobgoblin; 12-16-04 at 08:25 AM.