Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Blockbuster.com is horrendous

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-04, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where to begin, where to begin...

Using my blockbuster credit, I purchased a gift card and made my way on down to blockbuster.com to order some Superbits.

I ordered on October 24, and got a shipping confirmation on October 25. This confirmation did not include a tracking number.

Fast forward to today. This package has still not arrived. I emailed blockbuster.com customer service, which as determined through "internal review" that my package has been lost in the mail. Rather than re-send the package, they are sending me a new gift card, and this will take up to an additional ten days to arrive.

I called blockbuster.com customer service, which said that unfortunately, their hands were tied. In fact, the lady said that she was inundated with these types of problems and that she had no solution.

I fired off an angry email to blockbuster.com support again, requesting that they just re-send my package with tracking information.

I just received an email containing the tracking number from my original order. When I input it into the USPS tracker, it says "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on October 26, 2004 to expect your package for mailing." To make a long story short, it's clear that Blockbuster never sent this package. They will also not re-send the package, instead forcing me to wait another 10 days for a gift card to arrive so that I can re-order the same items and cross my fingers.

What a total hassle. I almost forgot why I completely gave up using Blockbuster in the late 90's, and will never use them again.
Old 11-11-04, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No problems with the two orders I made on their site.

One order was for 9 dvds.

The other order was for a tv set.

The nine dvd package took longer (I expected that because of the weight of the package and they probably sent the cheapest way they possibly could)

but the tv set only took about three 1/2 days to get to my house. Sent out on Monday got to my house on Thursday.

------

and btw, BB isn't the only site that screws up an isolated order.
Old 11-11-04, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't expect every site to be perfect, in fact I have no direct complaints about the order being screwed up. Their policy of refusing to re-send the order, instead issuing a gift card by mail that takes 10 days to process, is just absurd.
Old 11-12-04, 12:12 AM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Is it just me or does it seem that Blockbuster.com is using some third-party company to handle their orders?

When I ordered the screen said "The 24 Hour Store" and "AEC One Stop Group". In addition, there's a logo in the bottom left corner that says "AMG".

Does anybody know if this is true?

If Blockbuster.com orders are handled by a third party it would explain why they won't simply send out another package to replace the lost one. They probably gave Blockbuster a credit to their account and then asked Blockbuster to reimburse the customer directly.

Just a guess.