Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Coconuts lack of Communication & Service

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 10-19-04, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I placed an order for the first time with Coconuts on-line store. I ordered the Ren and Stimpy Set and it didn't ship after the release date. Thier site showed it was in stock. When I sent an email asking about the delay, I got a generic answer. I sent a follow up question. No answer. I cancelled the order on Sunday. As of today, the site still shows cancellation request pending.

Is this normal? Are they always this bad? Can one reach a real live person in customer service? I assumed (my bad) that they would be more responsive than this.

Ron
Old 11-11-04, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just to bump this back up. coconuts is screwing with me too. i had pre-ordered the new spongebob disc. a couple days before it's release i get an e-mail saying my order was cancelled due to insufficient stock. huh?!?! it's not even released yet. the drones on the e-mail support end do not understand. after 4 e-mails to them trying to state clearly as possible why a pre-order shouldn't be cancelled even before the dvd's release, they keep giving me the same response that the item wasn't in stock when i ordered it. thanks sherlock.

i've also asked repeatedly for a phone # but they refuse to give me one.

all in all they're a bunch of fucking morons and only time i'll ever buy from them again is if i'm sure they're losing money on the deal.
Old 11-13-04, 09:54 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Yes this is normal, try the FYE phone number, as they're the same company.