Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

best buy picking customers

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

best buy picking customers

Old 11-17-04, 04:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by resinrats
Dabaomb, while the manager shouldn't have lied, you did sound like a 'devil' for making such a fuss and then even trying to get an extra 10% off and doing all that return stuff.
I think you are being a bit harsh here. Most people on this forum have the biggest problem with BB because THEY WILL NOT HONOR THEIR ADVERTISED POLICIES. They make every excuse and outright LIE to NOT do what the SAY they will do. MOST people are SHEEP and when faced with confrontation, will back off. The bottom line is Dabaomb was lied to and manipulated (at least they attempted to). I give kudos to him for his restraint. IF you choose to act like a sheep, that is your perogative, but some here want to at least be treated with a certain amount of respect.
Old 11-17-04, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 954 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally posted by That'sAllFolks
I think you are being a bit harsh here. Most people on this forum have the biggest problem with BB because THEY WILL NOT HONOR THEIR ADVERTISED POLICIES. They make every excuse and outright LIE to NOT do what the SAY they will do. MOST people are SHEEP and when faced with confrontation, will back off. The bottom line is Dabaomb was lied to and manipulated (at least they attempted to). I give kudos to him for his restraint. IF you choose to act like a sheep, that is your perogative, but some here want to at least be treated with a certain amount of respect.

Here here. They do this all the time. If they don't want people doing that then just change the f**kin' policy! Since KMart and Target don't PM anyone I don't go there and do that. But BB and CC as well as other stores do and BB is the only one that make me feel like a criminal for doing it.
Old 11-17-04, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a devil no more, I've seen the light and I'm gonna sprout wings and become an angel!!!!!!!

I was almost trampled to death in the first few hours of the DDD 20% sale! I saw thousands of devils crushed to death trying to get to the DDD website. Finally, after hours of constant attacks from all the devils, the DDD site crashed in a ball of flames...

Satan himself was heard laughing at all the death and mayhem at DDD...

I will keep my computer turned off until the DDD sale is over. This way I will avoid all temptation...

Tomorrow I will go to my local Best Buy store and buy the most expensive pair of gold plated Monster cables. I will also demand the cashier to sell me an extended warranty for the cables and I will also buy several magazine subscriptions... I will repeat these purchases at several other Best Buy stores to rid myself of all the Devil's influence...

I am on my way to becoming an angel..
Old 11-17-04, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by That'sAllFolks
I just don't shop in BB most of the time except when it's on the way home or when the item is the same price everywhere. I bought a TV in Circuit City and PM'd to J&R Music World. I told the sales person the price there, he looked it up and I walked out with a 26" LCD at $400 off the CC price. I did pay with my CC card for the 24 month 0% interest deal.
Old 11-17-04, 11:24 PM
Mod Emeritus

I have a soft spot in my heart for Best Buy. They were the early adopters of the DVD format. I'd go in there and look and their DVD aisle and be only person doing it, or if there was someone, chat with them how great it was. That was back in the early DVD days before it was anywhere near mainstream. At that same point Circuit City was pushing the horrible DIVX format hard.

Later on when Walmart jumped on the band wagon, they began demanding Full Screen only versions of movies. They exerted their effort and got their way. They can go to hell.

As long as Best Buy makes for an enjoyable shopping experience I'll stop in there. I'll go there anyway over that hell hole Walmart.
Old 11-18-04, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Best Buy can compete with Wal Mart! All we have to do is lower our wages (probably around $5/hr), hire only people who don't speak english, sell clothes and food, and have some dead guy man the front door struggling to hand out shopping carts! And we need vests...lots of vests...

Honestly, I don't shop at Wal Mart because it's dirty and disgusting where I live. I think what BB did is going to be bad for them in the long run as well. I don't plan on working there for the rest of my life, so as long as I keep being promoted, I don't care what they do.

Americans aren't going to be happy shopping anywhere, so they might as well bite the bullet and pick the closest store.
Old 11-18-04, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I imagine I'll still shop there when there's a sale. The state of the store doesn't matter as much to me as the state of my wallet and shopping bag as I leave does.
Old 11-18-04, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I had a real problem with Best Buy around here in that they only offered the new release sale items as a "package" with 2 sodas and a magazine subscription for $14.99, but if you just wanted the movie it was $17.99. I'm not all that far from any store, so I'll go to Wal-Mart and get just about EVERY new release DVD for $14.99 or LESS! Thank you. The only time I go to Best Buy is to get something I am having a hard time finding, like the Team America soundtrack... which I couldn't even find there, so I got it from i-Tunes for $10, same with the Incredibles, iTunes for $10, as opposed to BB for $14. Sheesh.

This practice has taken hold at most BB stores, the only reason I go there anymore is to talk to a friend who works there... poor bastard. Even he buys DVDs at Wal-Mart. (The one near him usually has new releases at $13.88.
Old 11-18-04, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We need a Boron Cowpunch "I'm a devil customer" T-shirt.
Old 11-25-04, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

talked to my brother today, BB loves him

He bought a $1000 TV and walked out paying $1800. $1000 for the TV, $250 for the TV stand, $150 for a surge protector, $150 for the extra warranty and the rest for taxes and cables. He said the sales person swore that he needed the cables and surge protector to "protect his investment."
Old 11-25-04, 05:24 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by al_bundy
talked to my brother today, BB loves him

He bought a $1000 TV and walked out paying $1800. $1000 for the TV, $250 for the TV stand, $150 for a surge protector, $150 for the extra warranty and the rest for taxes and cables. He said the sales person swore that he needed the cables and surge protector to "protect his investment."
If you love your bro, tell him to return the investment protection options
Old 11-27-04, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by MISS PEACH
Oh puh-leeeeeeeeeeeease! Best Worst Buy is too lame to compete with Walmart, so they're hunkering down and still not lowering their prices? They richly deserve their fate.

PEACH
nice post.
Old 11-27-04, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by silentbob007
I don't mind Best Buy trying to get rid of customers trying to screw them ... that makes perfect sense.
but they will end up losing customers that werent trying to.