Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Cancelling Orders from Coconuts.com

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 10-27-04, 11:27 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awhile ago I preordered LOTR:ROTK EE from Coconuts.com, but now I found it somewhere cheaper (B&N 10off coupon)....So I sent them and email asking them to cancel the preorder with this response:

"Thank you for contacting coconuts.com.

This email is in response to your order #XXXXXXX.

We received your request to cancel your order, but item #XXXXXXX is a pre-ordered item. Unfortunately, we are unable to cancel any pre-ordered items. We regret any inconvenience. Please visit our Web site for more detailed cancellations policy information.

If you've decided you don't want to keep the item, you have a couple options. You can either accept or refuse the shipment when it arrives. If you refuse the shipment, the carrier will return it to us no questions asked. If you decide to accept the package and return it to us yourself, you can follow our simple return procedure as outlined on our Web site.

We do appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for writing to us.

Sincerely,
coconuts.com Customer Care Team "

Whats the deal with this? This is my first time ordering from Coconuts.....but every other place I have ever shopped allowed me to cancel preorders.....have any you had success with being able to cancel from them?
Old 10-27-04, 11:31 AM

i also got that notice last night
Old 10-27-04, 11:45 AM
Cool New Member

Thanks for moving the thread, sorry if it was in the wrong place, this is one of the main forums that I post it thats why I put here.
Old 10-27-04, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by mgicash
Thanks for moving the thread, sorry if it was in the wrong place, this is one of the main forums that I post it thats why I put here.
no problem..next time try to put it in the appropriate place ..
Old 10-27-04, 12:05 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
We received your request to cancel your order, but item #XXXXXXX is a pre-ordered item. Unfortunately, we are unable to cancel any pre-ordered items. We regret any inconvenience. Please visit our Web site for more detailed cancellations policy information.
Now THAT is just a load of BS!

Here is their cancellation policy:
How do I cancel an order/item?
If you would like to cancel your order or an item from your order, please sign in below, with your e-mail address and password. You cannot cancel Digital Downloads, but you may cancel any orders for physical products that haven't entered the shipping process.
Go into your order summary and select "Cancel Item".

I cancelled a pre-ordered item months in advance. If they decide to ship it to me I will be disputing it with my CC.

I think the CSR is clueless. Typical FYE.com BS. They have no idea what's going on.

Last edited by Eric F; 10-27-04 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-27-04, 02:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Cancelling Orders from Coconuts.com

Originally posted by mgicash
This is my first time ordering from Coconuts.....but every other place I have ever shopped allowed me to cancel preorders
Ever pre-ordered with Buy.com?
Old 10-27-04, 03:17 PM

I pre-ordered ROTK EE when it was available for $19.99 and cancelled it a few days later. I will refuse the item if it is shipped.
Old 10-27-04, 05:06 PM
Cool New Member

See one of the reasons I cancelled was because it didnt even show up in the orders section.....their site sucks.

Since there is no orders under my account, i have no idea what the status is, etc. It doesnt even give me an option to cancel since there is no order listed under order status.

I ended up going in and changing all my billing/shipping information to all gibberish so they would not be able to hopefully process my credit card.

So at least I am not the only having this problem......