Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

HELP: Amazon Order

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 10-23-04, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I placed an order back on Oct 10th for 5 DVDs including Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs 2-Disc set. When I ordered it the DVD was listed as "Usually ships within 24 hours" just like the other 5 discs. Being that I had no need to recive the discs asap I chose the Free Supersaver Shipping Option.

I'd seen nothing being updated about my order on the 18th so I send them an email through their website asking what the hold up was? At this point I noticed that they now listed the Snow White DVD as being being avaliable through their marketplace sellers only. I recived a reply to my email the 19th saying that they had ordered the DVD from another source and that was the hold up.

Today I just check my email and found that they couldnt optain the DVD and cancelled it from my order. I called customer service and spoke to some guy who just game me the run around about how the website doesnt allway show the correct inventory because they sell so many items and other excuses and told me he would send me a $10 GC for future order use.

I realize the DVD went OOP earlier this year and getting it now for the ~20 bucks it was listed at through Amazon's marketplace is out of the question....but is there ANYTHING that I can do to make Amazon send me the disc? I mean I think its outragious that they can list something as in stock and then just go and cancel it. If it was in stock then they should have in the system notied that it was for my order. And IMHO I dont buy the whole the website doesnt always reflect the true inventory BS the guy told me -- I've seen enough of their items being listed as "Only 5 left order soon before we need to reorder" or gold box items that are no longer avaliable.
Old 10-23-04, 01:40 PM

as far as i know I don't think there is anything you can do. Basically they can't send you something they don't have. It's just one of those rare occurances where the website is wrong and it sucks but that's the way it goes. I could be wrong though.
Old 10-23-04, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Dude, a lot of us got burned on the Snow White thing. It's disappointing, but no big deal and you're not out any money. That's one of the pitfalls of online DVD buying. There's always going to be misprices that don't come through and inventory that's not actually there.

But yeah, there's nothing you can do. Can't get blood from a turnip.
Old 10-23-04, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

that's weird. I ordered it too when it was announced that they had more in stock. I haven't gotten any emails but the estimated ship date is November 9th to the 23rd or something. I also ordered another copy of sleeping beauty and did the supersaver shipping thing. My order is still open.

by the way, this should be in the store forum
Old 10-23-04, 06:26 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't think there is anything you can do. At least you got a $10 coupon for the trouble. A lot of retailers wouldn't even give you shit for your trouble.
Old 10-23-04, 06:39 PM
Cool New Member

"I mean I think its outragious that they can list something as in stock and then just go and cancel it"

Actually they can do anything they want. Its thier store and if they want to promote bad practices like that, then they can.

Yes, it sucks I know, but at least you werent charged for it and then had to go through the trouble of getting the charge taken off or some BS like that.

Just order it off of Half.com like many of us had to for 30~40 bucks.
Old 10-23-04, 06:59 PM

I think you are out of luck. I can't remember the item but a few years back, they cancelled an item they came would ship "in a 3-5 of days". I was really upset but ended up getting it from somewhere else.

Amazon's customer services has been getting worse and worse.

Hopefully, you can find it through eBay or some other source.
Old 10-23-04, 11:15 PM

Ok thanks for the input, I didnt much appreciate the way they handled the situation, but to their credit as mentioned I was able to recive 10 bucks in return.....

Maybe I was just over reacting...
Old 10-24-04, 01:23 AM

It's a SCAM! A racket, even.

Oh sorry wrong thread.
Old 10-24-04, 02:24 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by bluesparrow
It's a SCAM! A racket, even.

Oh sorry wrong thread.
Yeah dude, this is not the Amazon free shipping is a racket thread
Old 10-24-04, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by SRotblat
Ok thanks for the input, I didnt much appreciate the way they handled the situation, but to their credit as mentioned I was able to recive 10 bucks in return.....

Maybe I was just over reacting...
Yeah, count yourself fortunate. I didn't even get the $10 credit.
Old 10-29-04, 12:23 AM

You cannot do anything. Jsut take the $10 GC as the time u spent on speaking with the cus reps.