Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

WARNING: Your DDD Details Are Not Safe! (merged)

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

WARNING: Your DDD Details Are Not Safe! (merged)

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-04, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There were a number of people, since the DDD security problem started, pleading for coupons or 20% discount specials to make up for the vendor screw up. While some of you claim to have complete faith in DDD you still asked for the special discounts to make it all better. That, to me, is acting like opportunistic beggers, for begging you were. Condescension my Arse. If the tincup is your fit, then you must drop your snit.

NetResults

Last edited by netresults; 10-14-04 at 02:39 PM.
Old 10-14-04, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I guess it's in the perception - some see opportunistic beggars, others see condescending arses. To each his own.

In any event, DDD is about due for a 20% sale anyway, it would be a great way to restart people's interest / faith in DDD by having such a sale - no begging involved, just good business sense.
Old 10-14-04, 02:54 PM

Originally posted by NCYankee
Yeah thanks Mr Barker - I feel better now (not that I was all that worried to begin with - I knew things would get taken care of by a company like yours).

Now as a gesture of appreciation to all the customers who are sticking with you - how about another of those wonderful 20% off sales?
No verbal tincup thrust at all! O my Mr.Barker, you are just so wonderful. Me and the Bever sure think you are swell. Doesn't our devotion deserve a treat. Eddie Haskell lives.

NetResults

Last edited by netresults; 10-14-04 at 03:23 PM.
Old 10-14-04, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by netresults
No verbal tincup thrust at all!

NetResults
1) See my post above.

2) Lather, rinse, repeat.
Old 10-14-04, 04:02 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by NCYankee
In any event, DDD is about due for a 20% sale anyway, it would be a great way to restart people's interest / faith in DDD by having such a sale - no begging involved, just good business sense.
Of course thats even worse. "Here, lets make it up to you by doing something that we were going to do in a couple of months anyway." I guess it's a damned if you do, damned if you dont situation.

I guess what I want is a letter (you know, a physical piece of mail delivered by a man to my door) from the boss of the person who looks into these sorts of things. I want it to outline the whos, whats and wherefores. ("Dear Mr Kabong - I'm sorry we screwed up. We've fire all the IT guys and brought in all new folks. We've reviewed our policies, and we vow never to migrate to the live servers without beta testing the changes first, nor will we migrate just before a weekend when nobody will be here to fix things when they go wrong. And should this happen again, I will personaly go over to the servers and pull the internet connection out of the wall myself. Thank you - Lord High President of DDD")

Basicly - I trusted you once and you screwed me. Give me one good reason (or several) why I should do so again.

And Miss Peach - I probably mean it. We'll see how strong my strength of resolve is come the next 20% off comes around. Yeah, I can be a cheap whore sometimes.
Old 10-14-04, 04:32 PM
Registered

Closing this thread see new thread.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=390735