Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Does Deepdiscountdvd.com ship their DVDs quickly?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-04, 09:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I ordered the Star Wars set on deepdiscountdvd with free shipping that they say takes 5-10 days. I got an email saying that it shipped on the 14th(yesterday).

I was wondering if it has ever actually taken as long as 10 days for anyone. If it does, that means I'm getting the DVDs a few days after the release date, and I might as well have just bought it at a store instead.

Hopefully they suprise me and I get my DVD sooner than their estimated time.
Old 09-15-04, 09:15 PM

I knew you were talkin bout Star Wars right away...but I live in NYC and whenever I ordered from DDD it took 7-10 days, no less
Old 09-15-04, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm in CA, and I usually get packages from them a week after they're shipped.

Usually one week to the day, actually.

Rob
Old 09-15-04, 09:21 PM
Banned

I'm in CA too. So I guess I can't expect it sooner than the release date. Oh well..

I shoulda known better than to order online...usually Target/Best Buy have better deals anyway.
Old 09-15-04, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
First of all, this topic really belongs in the STORE forum, since it is not about DVDs.

I've had items arrive 4 days after the shipping notice, and had items arrive nearly two weeks after the shipping notice - once it ships, it really is dependent on how busy and/or efficient the post office is. Deep Discount does offer upgraded shipping for those who are not comfortable with the terms for the free shipping.
Old 09-15-04, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

When I have preordered, I usually receive DVD's the day before if not the weekend before they hit the shelves...
Old 09-15-04, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I use DDD often for their prices but for me in New Jersey their shipping is horrible. I usually get my stuff around a week & a half or longer after I place the order which I think is ridiculous.
Old 09-15-04, 09:57 PM

In Virginia I get my stuff about 10 days after I order it.
Old 09-15-04, 10:39 PM
dgc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Mine shipped from DDD on Tuesday as well. My Alias 3 Set shipped on a Tuesday (one week prior to release) and I received it exactly a week later on the release day in NYC.

At $33 shipped for SW Trilogy (got in on the 20% off codes) I won't be upset if I don't receive it on or before release. After waiting many years, a few more days won't kill me.
Old 09-16-04, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's typically a week for me in California after they ship, but it can sometimes take several weeks with media mail. The longest amount of time it took for an order to arrive from DDD was 20 days.
Old 09-16-04, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

1 week after shipping. It usually takes about 10-11 days total depending on what day I place my order. I'm in San Diego.
Old 09-16-04, 03:02 AM

I live in Indiana. I usually have to wait 2-3 days after the ship date.
Old 09-16-04, 03:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It took me 2 weeks after the release date to get T2: Extreme, and I ordered it one week before street date.

Which is why I will buy new discs at actual stores, and older stuff I find I want, but I don't need right away, from DDD.

Amazon used to be really fast, always arriving on release date or before, but not anymore.

JP
Old 09-16-04, 03:36 AM

I live in Oregon, it ranges from 10-14 days.
Old 09-16-04, 07:35 AM

I have ordered most of the DVDs I own from Deep Discount DVD if they are not likely to be at Target or Walmart at a lowere price. When I pre-order, they are USUALLY at my home the day before or on the release date.

I have been more disappointed with DDDVD in the last few months because of the customer support- they rarely read emails sent to them in a timely manner or with any understanding. Also, the website is inferior when it comes to managing what you have ordered and the ability to easily correct an error. I hope they improve in this area- Amazon.com has been offering more titles at lower prices and I have begun using Amazon more often.

Just one person's opinion....
Old 09-16-04, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by chente
1 week after shipping. It usually takes about 10-11 days total depending on what day I place my order. I'm in San Diego.
Same with me. Don't order from DDD if you're looking to get your discs quick.
Old 09-17-04, 02:24 AM

My experience has been that they ship things out as soon as they become available, meaning no waiting if the other items in your order aren't available at the same time.

Shipping time for me in Northern Cal varies: At least a week, but I have waited as long as 3 weeks.

Just recently, one order did not arrive. (2 dvds, pre-ordered) I waited 5 weeks, and then emailed CS to let them know. They responded (the same day) that the items that never arrived would be sent again. In all fairness, I have ordered hundreds of movies from them and this is the first time an order did not arrive.

I have very happy with all of my purchases at DDD, I don't mind waiting for shipment. The prices and free shipping win over the instant gratification you'd get buying it at a store.
Old 09-18-04, 05:37 PM

I have ordered extensively from DDD and have no complaints. Yes, it takes a while to get here (normally just over a week), but I'm not one of those people who can't wait one more day to get the latest release. Actually, I've started disciplining myself to wait several months to get a good chunk of my buys from Columbia House as enrollments; that's when the real savings kick in.

As for ordering multiple items that might not come in at the same time, they will normally ship them as they become available. However, if you don't want to take the chance, just place separate orders. Since the shipping is free, there's no need to order multiple items to qualify for free shipping. I think we get conditioned that it's more cost-effective to order multiple items at the same time. With DDD, it just doesn't matter...
Old 09-18-04, 06:11 PM

I live in MA and it usually takes 7-8 days after I get my shipping notice to receive my discs.
Old 09-19-04, 12:55 PM

Yes

I placed an order on the 14th, the DVDs were shipped on the 15th, and I recieved them on the 18th (Sat!). This was the first time I've purchased through DDD, I'm very satisfied with the speed of free shipping.

Note: I live in Lexington, KY, and the DVDs were shipped from Itasca, IL.
Old 09-22-04, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I live in SC and it usually take a week to get here.

When I preorder from them it either arrives on the day before (Monday) the release date, the day of release (Tuesday), or a day after the release date (Wednesday).

My most recent preorder (Corndog Man) isn't due out until 9/28, but already shipped out Monday 9/20. Should get it next Monday.

If you preorder a day or two before the release date don't expect it to get there by release day.
Old 09-24-04, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts
I think so much of it depends on the post office. My next to last order took three weeks to get to me while my last order ("Popular: Season One") was shipped on Friday and was at my house on the following Monday. And yeah, I checked: they shipped from the same warehouse (or had the same return address anyway)
Old 10-05-04, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

A bit off-topic: Recent DDD history has shown they ship new releases around Wednesday or Thursday before the Tuesday they come out. I have two orders, both being released today, that still haven't shipped. Very weird