Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DDD are Liars

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-04, 02:59 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DDD are Liars

This is a detailed account of my recent experience with DDD. I’m a little late posting this, I went on vacation shortly after this happened.

When DDD was having their famous 20% off sale there were some technical difficulties (perhaps due the numerous amounts of people wanting to take advantage of the sale) and I was unable to get the discount. I e-mailed them about the technical difficulties, to which they replied…

6/26
“ Please let us know your order # for which you want the discount.
Also please let us know if you've used the coupon code earlier.
We'll assist you.
Please contact us immediately.”

I let them know that I didn’t have an order number. I didn’t order anything because it wouldn’t give me the discount, to which they replied…

6/28
“Please note that the offfer period is expired and therefore it will not be able to send you a code.
However after you place the order please let us know the details and we'll adjust the discount.”

So now I have been told that they will adjust the account after I place an order. So, I place the order and e-mailed them about the discount that they offered me, to which they replied…

7/3
“We are sorry to say that the 20% OFF can be availed only during the 18-25 June period. ie the orders placed during this time. This order 22572235 is placed on 07/03. The 20% OFF can be applied only ONCE ie to ONE Order during the 18-25 June Period as well.”

Their reply doesn’t make sense since DDD offered to adjust my account after the date of the sale. The only reason why I ordered those DVD’s was because I was promised the 20% off after the sale. So I e-mailed them to explain this, to which they replied…

“As per our previous correspondence, we are unable to offer a discount on this order. We do regret any problems this may cause.”

I couldn’t believe they would try to pull a fast on me as I have the evidence (the e-mail) of them promising me the discount. So, I continued to argue my case, to which they replied…

“We apologize for the incorrect information you were given in the previous emails. This promotion is over and we are unable to offer the 20% discount on orders at this time.”

I called the customer service department in hope of having better luck talking to a real person. I explained my case and I was told to send the e-mail of DDD offering me the discount to customer service again. Furthermore, she said she would write a note about this incident on my account. So I e-mailed them again with their offer (look at 6/28). To which they replied…

“Unfortunately we do not show what the proof is. We would need to see an e-mail showing the order had the discount reflected.”

I’m fed up with DDD. It is unacceptable to lie and mislead customers so they purchase merchandise from your store and then not give the discount or offer any compensation.
By their deplorable actions and incompetent customer service, it is clear that DDD doesn’t value their customers.

Buyer Beware, DON’T TRUST DEEP DISCOUNT DVD.
Old 08-03-04, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I trust them, and the few problems I have had (in more than 50 orders) were quickly and satisfactorily resolved.

Sorry your experience has not been the same.
Old 08-03-04, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts
They're always been great to me!
I've ordered from them over 25 times, with no problems.
Heck, one time I called them to say that a disc hadn't arrived yet that my order status said they'd mailed a while back, and they sent another immediately.
Sounds like you unfortunately had a rare bad experience with them.
But you'll most likely hear from most people at DVDTalk that it's the exception, and not the rule.
Old 08-03-04, 03:14 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
So I'm guessing that you cancelled your order immediately?
Old 08-03-04, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have had excellent service from DDD, I placed an order in the pre 20% oops sale that initially went through but then disappeared they honored it. The order went through full price and then I got a credit = 20% off. I can see why you are upset but its true what they are saying, you needed to get an order in during the sale. I was also on vacation during the actual 20% off sale, I took my laptop to get my order in!
Old 08-08-04, 09:28 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
A friend of mine ordered the Criterion A Woman Is A Woman, and after a month it still hadn't arrived. He emailed them and they shipped another one. Two weeks later, they both arrive at the same time. So now he has two copies, but they both took a long time to arrive.
Old 08-08-04, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've always had great customer service from DDD. If I ever had a problem with them (whether it be coupon or not receiving an order), I always called them immediately and dealt with a cs rep who have always been great to me. I can see why you're upset but I probably would have called them immediately to deal with the problem.
Old 08-10-04, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I agree with the original poster. DDD customer service is not what it used to be, especially their email CS. I placed an order when the 20% coupons weren't supposed to be active, but I was charged full price for everything that shipped. I emailed them which was completely useless. Then I called. The CSR did credit my account, but the whole time he was processing the credit, he was telling how I shouldn't have received a discount and was basically trying to make me feel guilty. I didn't say anything since he was fixing the problem, but it seemed very unprofessional. I still use DDD, but I'm not as quick to recommend them to others as I was a few years ago.
Old 08-10-04, 03:30 AM
Suspended

I’m happy to say that because of this post, I was recently contacted by DDD and have now finally received the discount I was promised.
Old 08-10-04, 12:19 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by D-Ball
I placed an order when the 20% coupons weren't supposed to be active, but I was charged full price for everything that shipped.
So you are complaining because you weren't supposed to get a discount but then you complained and got a discount. Yeah, that's bad customer service.
Old 08-14-04, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
I agree with the OP, they have terrible CS, and they do lie.
Old 08-14-04, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Another voucher here attesting that they lie. I used my 20 percent coupon for the new Fleetwood Mac Live In Boston DVD set. So what happens? They voided it and stated in email that they no longer sell the Fleetwood Mac DVD.......I go to the site and there it is, still up for sale. Theyre great to buy from in most cases, but when it comes to their sales they suck.
Old 08-15-04, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by chemosh6969
So you are complaining because you weren't supposed to get a discount but then you complained and got a discount. Yeah, that's bad customer service.
I'm complaining that it took three emails and one phone call to get the discount that a DDD VP said they would honor. And the phone call was unprofessional. So yes, that is bad customer service. I agree that DDD is great if you don't have any problems.