Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Deep Discount DVD Code and Aftermath

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Deep Discount DVD Code and Aftermath

Old 06-13-04, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by MiamiLoco
Hahaha, what a looser :P
Old 06-14-04, 12:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
losen up will ya?
Old 06-14-04, 02:02 AM
Banned

According to my Order Status it says:

PRIMAL FEAR SHIPPED 1 $9.36 1 06/11/04 $9.36
ALONG CAME POLLY (WS) SHIPPED 1 $15.89 1 06/11/04 $15.89

Shipping: $0.00
Order Total: $20.20
Tax Charged: $0.00
Total Charged: $25.25

I can understand if they don't want to honor the code to cancel the order, but do they have the right to charge me more when I got email confirmation and during my order that the price was 20.20. I havent read all the replies in this thread so I don't know if this has been brought up. Thanks
Old 06-14-04, 02:22 AM

its actually pretty smart.
most people in the future even if DDD is couple bucks higher
will buy from them.
maybe DDD should call DeLL and tell them how to take care of
customers
Old 06-14-04, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by GZ2525

I can understand if they don't want to honor the code to cancel the order, but do they have the right to charge me more when I got email confirmation and during my order that the price was 20.20. I havent read all the replies in this thread so I don't know if this has been brought up. Thanks
check your credit card. Others have reported this and been charged the right amount.
Old 06-14-04, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by atari2600
well if they are losing money and still honored the discount, thats very respectable of them!

however, why would they offer such a discount knowing that they could lose money?

They probably decided the number of customers they would lose by not honoring it even if it was for a short time outweighed the losses they would suffer in honoring the deal/mistake.

I know I did not order much from DDD before the last big sale. I just did not look at the website very often.

Now I find I order from them often. Maybe they discovered that people stayed with them long enough after the sale that they slowly made up for any losses they suffered during the sale.

Obviously they can not do this too often or they will not have enough time to make up for those losses.

I expect they will either offer a smaller sale at XMas or no sale although it will depend on how this one works out for them. Planned or not.
Old 06-14-04, 06:29 AM

Ok.. I ordered a mix of pre-orders and in-stocks between 6-8AM the morning the codes died.

I got email confirmations showing the discount. And my order status page on DDD also shows the discount.

So... no problems here. Thanks OP!
Old 06-14-04, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Thanh
Ok.. I ordered a mix of pre-orders and in-stocks between 6-8AM the morning the codes died.

I got email confirmations showing the discount. And my order status page on DDD also shows the discount.

So... no problems here. Thanks OP!
Right.... And so did a lot of other people and they got charged without the discount. I'm in the same boat, I ordered about 1AM Thursday morning and my stuff is still in process, the web page shows the discount, but we'll see what they charge me when it ships.
Old 06-14-04, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just checked their website and I have the same problem.

It shows ORDER TOTAL $68.04 The correct amount for my 9 titles.

But TOTAL CHARGED shows $85.05.

So what is the best thing to do now to correct this?
Old 06-14-04, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

John,

You could contact customer service or email them.

See what it shows when delivered then contact DDD and your credit card company if the discount is not reflected.

Strongly suggest you print the screen showing the discount or, if you have one, retain any emails showing it.

If nothing else, your credit card should give you a charge back.
Old 06-14-04, 10:17 AM

DDD dishonors itself. Just the facts:

1. Order goes through with the discount.
2. Get confirmation email.
3. Order shows up on the order status page with the discount
4. Check back later and order shows cancelled on website, but received no email about it.
5. Call and CSR can provide no explanation for cancellation but offers to replace.
6. Gives new total and of course doesn't include 20% off like the original order.
7. Tell her this and she says that code was a mistake and they're not honoring it.
8. I read what David Barker, VP of Ecommerce at DDD posted here.
9. Told to hold while CSR checks with supervisor.
10. Am told supervisor said it was a mistake and internal memo says not to honor.
11. I ask how can they go back on their word like that and to top it off why have some orders been honored and mine won't been even though they can easily see I've been a loyal customer for years and have spent a lot of money with them???
12. CSR says will tell this to supervisor and ask again.
13. Comes back and has no explanation from the supervisor why some orders are being honored and others being cancelled (but kind of tells me under her breath that mine is not the first call she's gotten about a cancelled order with the 20% coupon) and then proceeds to state that even though they see I have been a very good customer the supervisor still refuses to honor the order with the discount and will only accept it WITHOUT the 20% off.

So there's what happened step by step - draw your own conclusions. But the bottom line is my order included the discount, was cancelled, and a supervisor flatly refused to honor it regardless of what was stated on this forum. It seems to me they decided to honor the orders that had already slid through the system just so they could come on here and make themselves look good by saying they were honoring them, but then they issue an internal memo to not honor other ones that probably got held up due to system overload or because of backordered titles, etc. Well, I'm doing my part to let you know that they are absolutely not honoring all of the orders with the discount like they claimed they would. I wouldn't have cared if it had been cancelled right away. But to come on here and say it would be honored and then sneakily cancel it a few days later and have a supervisor say it wasn't going to be honored regardless of what was originally stated on DVDTalk is just not right.
Old 06-14-04, 10:33 AM

Just wondering MythSpell, how big was your order?
Old 06-14-04, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by MythSpell
DDD dishonors itself. Just the facts:

1. Order goes through with the discount.
2. Get confirmation email.
3. Order shows up on the order status page with the discount
4. Check back later and order shows cancelled on website, but received no email about it.
5. Call and CSR can provide no explanation for cancellation but offers to replace.
6. Gives new total and of course doesn't include 20% off like the original order.
7. Tell her this and she says that code was a mistake and they're not honoring it.
8. I read what David Barker, VP of Ecommerce at DDD posted here.
9. Told to hold while CSR checks with supervisor.
10. Am told supervisor said it was a mistake and internal memo says not to honor.
11. I ask how can they go back on their word like that and to top it off why have some orders been honored and mine won't been even though they can easily see I've been a loyal customer for years and have spent a lot of money with them???
12. CSR says will tell this to supervisor and ask again.
13. Comes back and has no explanation from the supervisor why some orders are being honored and others being cancelled (but kind of tells me under her breath that mine is not the first call she's gotten about a cancelled order with the 20% coupon) and then proceeds to state that even though they see I have been a very good customer the supervisor still refuses to honor the order with the discount and will only accept it WITHOUT the 20% off.

So there's what happened step by step - draw your own conclusions. But the bottom line is my order included the discount, was cancelled, and a supervisor flatly refused to honor it regardless of what was stated on this forum. It seems to me they decided to honor the orders that had already slid through the system just so they could come on here and make themselves look good by saying they were honoring them, but then they issue an internal memo to not honor other ones that probably got held up due to system overload or because of backordered titles, etc. Well, I'm doing my part to let you know that they are absolutely not honoring all of the orders with the discount like they claimed they would. I wouldn't have cared if it had been cancelled right away. But to come on here and say it would be honored and then sneakily cancel it a few days later and have a supervisor say it wasn't going to be honored regardless of what was originally stated on DVDTalk is just not right.
Not cool. Down with DDD!
Old 06-14-04, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Qui-Gon John
I just checked their website and I have the same problem.

It shows ORDER TOTAL $68.04 The correct amount for my 9 titles.

But TOTAL CHARGED shows $85.05.

So what is the best thing to do now to correct this?
I had the same problem, i sent them an email to confirm they only charged the order total and they told me yes.. Double checked my credit card and it showed that they only charged the order total..

Try emailing them and see what they say..
Old 06-14-04, 11:26 AM

Originally posted by bdhart
I made two orders between 2-3 am PDT. I split my order between currently available dvd's and pre-orders. The first order had 8 dvd's and the second order had 22 pre-orders. I didn't receive the intial emails on either one and so far have only received the confirmation email with order number on the first order. Nothing at all on the pre-orders.

The order status on DDD only shows the first order also........
UPDATE:

Never did receive anything about my second order, and it never showed up on the order status page. Called DDD on Saturday, the rep said to call back on Monday if the order was still not in the system.

I just got off the phone with DDD after 25 minutes. First the rep told me that since my order wasn't in the system, there was nothing they could do except re-enter the order, but I wouldn't get the 20% off. She said even if she wanted to, it wasn't possible for them to enter the discount without a legitimate sale.

She said the codes were bogus and they weren't honoring them. I then read her the notice from David Barker, VP Ecommerce DDD about honoring the orders.

After much back and forth she said she would transfer me to a supervisor. About 5 minutes later she came back and said her supervisor gave her the ok to re-enter my order with the 20% discount since I was such a good customer.

I had also saved the htm page of my original order confirmation page in case I needed it (which I didn't).

So, they can and will honor an order even if it isn't in their system. You just have to keep pushing and not give in.

Total after discount was $692.24.

Last edited by bdhart; 06-14-04 at 11:29 AM.
Old 06-14-04, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,400 Likes on 1,617 Posts
Originally posted by GZ2525

Like a few others have stated, my order status is like that on their website too, but when I check my credit card, they only charged me for the discounted amount (my 2nd confirmation email showed the correct discounted amount too). So, you might be OK.
Old 06-14-04, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by cultshock
Like a few others have stated, my order status is like that on their website too, but when I check my credit card, they only charged me for the discounted amount (my 2nd confirmation email showed the correct discounted amount too). So, you might be OK.
I had that concern at first also, but check your bank/credit card statements before you lose it kids, a lot of their emails are auto-generated with confusing info.
Old 06-14-04, 03:01 PM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received my order today!!! Even with the post office closed Friday, that's just 3 days (yes it was the free media mail). After reading this thread I checked my credit card acct and the charge is correct. I sympathize with the folks having problems, but I've never had a mishap with a DDD order (knock wood).
Old 06-14-04, 03:29 PM

Originally posted by HockeyMan2000
Exactly the same situation here. Received my 2nd confirmation email with no discount attached -- however, the website shows up with the 20% reflected in the total.
That's where I am, too. When I check my order status online, the discount is still included but all the non-backordered items say "IN PROCESS" and still have no shipping date. I'm going to give it a little longer, then e-mail that VP...if he hasn't closed the e-mail account I found for him. (I really wouldn't blame him if he did; he really screwed up when he made an announcement about their policy and did not communicate that policy to the CSRs. Trust me, I supervise a call center...nothing to do with sales, thankfully.)

I'm not going to start frothing at the mouth, but after they accepted my order AND sent out one confirmation at the discounted price, hopefully they will see fit to honor that price.
Old 06-14-04, 03:30 PM

with everyone gettin their orders today is possible for me to get mine even though it sitll says processing and i never got a shipped notice?
Old 06-14-04, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Heres my situation:

Order Date: 06/10/04
Order Status: OPEN

HOOK (SUPERBIT) IN PROCESS 1 $20.34 0 N/A N/A
GLADIATOR (1992) IN PROCESS 1 $19.14 0 N/A N/A
WIZARDS IN PROCESS 1 $9.99 0 N/A N/A
SEE NO EVIL HEAR NO EVIL IN PROCESS 1 $14.27 0 N/A N/A
PINK PANTHER COLLECTION (6D) BACKORDER 1 $45.76 0 ~06/20/04 N/A
TRANSFORMERS SEASON 3 PART 2 & SEA BACKORDER 1 $29.90 0 ~06/20/04 N/A
TRANSFORMERS SEASON 2 PART 2 SET IN PROCESS 1 $35.88 0 N/A N/A
TRANSFORMERS SEASON 3 PART 1 SET IN PROCESS 1 $29.90 0 N/A N/A
FOOLS RUSH IN IN PROCESS 1 $9.90 0 N/A N/A
MONK-1ST SEASON PREORDER 1 $38.99 0 ~06/26/04 N/A
THE A&C-BEST OF V.03 PREORDER 1 $19.49 0 ~08/03/04 N/A

Order Total: $218.85
Total Charged: $0.00

Ive gotten both emails along with the Order ID number. Clearly some of this stuff is in stock, Im just wondering why the hell nothing has shipped. Any ideas?

Also has anyone been "ripped off" yet? Meaning, alot are saying that the totals on the charge are different from the order total, has anyone found that their CC was charged more than it should have?
Old 06-14-04, 05:55 PM

Probably holding your order until 6/20 to ship everything together. The price of free shipping...
Old 06-14-04, 06:45 PM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by Ravenous
Heres my situation:

Order Date: 06/10/04
Order Status: OPEN

HOOK (SUPERBIT) IN PROCESS 1 $20.34 0 N/A N/A
GLADIATOR (1992) IN PROCESS 1 $19.14 0 N/A N/A
WIZARDS IN PROCESS 1 $9.99 0 N/A N/A
SEE NO EVIL HEAR NO EVIL IN PROCESS 1 $14.27 0 N/A N/A
PINK PANTHER COLLECTION (6D) BACKORDER 1 $45.76 0 ~06/20/04 N/A
TRANSFORMERS SEASON 3 PART 2 & SEA BACKORDER 1 $29.90 0 ~06/20/04 N/A
TRANSFORMERS SEASON 2 PART 2 SET IN PROCESS 1 $35.88 0 N/A N/A
TRANSFORMERS SEASON 3 PART 1 SET IN PROCESS 1 $29.90 0 N/A N/A
FOOLS RUSH IN IN PROCESS 1 $9.90 0 N/A N/A
MONK-1ST SEASON PREORDER 1 $38.99 0 ~06/26/04 N/A
THE A&C-BEST OF V.03 PREORDER 1 $19.49 0 ~08/03/04 N/A

Order Total: $218.85
Total Charged: $0.00

Ive gotten both emails along with the Order ID number. Clearly some of this stuff is in stock, Im just wondering why the hell nothing has shipped. Any ideas?

Also has anyone been "ripped off" yet? Meaning, alot are saying that the totals on the charge are different from the order total, has anyone found that their CC was charged more than it should have?
Hmmm.... maybe the fact that they were slammed with thousands of orders and didn't have the staff on hand to cope with all the orders? I ordered around 3 AM.... the 3 out of 4 of my titles JUST shipped today. Give it time.... and by time I mean, up to one more week from now.
Old 06-14-04, 07:53 PM

I got a shipping notice today with the full amount on it. My online status still had the discounted price. I called my credit card and I was charged full price. I call DDD and they said they would not honor the coupon. I told her that I emailed them about it and told them if I was not going to get the discounted amount to cancel the order. She said they had no record of that and she would not discount it. She told me that when I get it to return to sender. If they would have just cancelled the order instead of sending it out, I would have been alright with it. But to charge me more than what I thought I would be paying makes me no longer want to shop there even if I have to pay more elsewhere. I made a very small order. My discount was only $10, but it's more the idea that they took it upon themselves to just charge me full price that makes me so mad.
Old 06-14-04, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If they charge you the full amount, and DDD won't refund the difference, call your Credit Card company and explain the problem to them. Maybe they can help.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.