Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

If you'd never ordered from DDD before would you be wary about it?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

If you'd never ordered from DDD before would you be wary about it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-04, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used to buy just about every Dvd online purchase from them and have had some problems in the past but in early January they really screwed up an order and I thought their CS to me was really bad from what it had been in my past experiences with them when there was a problem so I stopped using them. I recently decided to place 2 orders that should ship in late May and early June and will wait and see how it goes.

Since then I have been using Bestbuy and Amazon for online buying. Their free shipping has been outstanding for me, get a shipping email and usually the next day it is delivered. With DDD you just never know, a week or maybe 3 weeks until it gets delivered.
Old 05-17-04, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I agree that their search engine isn't the best. Sometimes it won't find a cd and I have to use dvdpricecompare.com to lead me to it.

I haven't had any problems with the dvds, but their cd store did give me problems. I used them once and ordered about 15 cds. Ten of them arrived and the others said they were backordered. They never filled the rest of the order and these were not hard to find discs-Blondie being one of them.
Old 05-18-04, 03:13 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would never use them again. Maybe they are better if you don't live overseas, but they were useless for me.
I ordered two orders, which got broken into four different orders going to two different cities. Only one DVD arrived, so they re-shipped the DVDs, none of those arrived. Other people at work are having similar problems. If I order from someone like Amazon they arrive within two weeks.
It took four months of battling with DDD before I gave up and got my money back.
DDD may seem cheap, but the hassle of dealing with them and the shipping delays are just not worth saving a couple of dollars