Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Digitaleyes.net

Old 05-04-04, 04:27 PM
  #26  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Singlewide Trailer
Posts: 51
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's see, if it's release day and I've preordered a box set from Digital Eyes, then it will be listed as " On Order. Back in stock Soon!" This week, it's The Marx Brothers Box. Still no Monster Legacy Set and regardless of what's been said before in this thread, I've got that sinking feeling for those Disney Treasures that come out on 5/18. I hate be negative, but come on! I preorder these things to avoid worrying about whether it's in stock or not! Sheesh.
Old 05-04-04, 04:38 PM
  #27  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 663
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by MonsterHunter
Let's see, if it's release day and I've preordered a box set from Digital Eyes, then it will be listed as " On Order. Back in stock Soon!" This week, it's The Marx Brothers Box. Still no Monster Legacy Set and regardless of what's been said before in this thread, I've got that sinking feeling for those Disney Treasures that come out on 5/18. I hate be negative, but come on! I preorder these things to avoid worrying about whether it's in stock or not! Sheesh.
Warner Brothers had production issues which resulted in the items not being delivered to our warehouse yet. They were supposed to be here yesterday. We will ship as soon they arrive. I really wish we could control the studios and whether or not they meet production deadlines. We will have the Disney tins on time if Disney does not have production issues.

Thanks,

Last edited by DigitalEyes; 05-04-04 at 04:42 PM.
Old 05-06-04, 05:03 PM
  #28  
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 43,931
Received 453 Likes on 317 Posts
I pre-ordered the Disney tins from DE way back before they got delayed - they had the best on-line price for the set. I can't wait to get them.

This is my first purchase from DE - do they send out a shipping notice when they ship?
Old 05-06-04, 08:48 PM
  #29  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,052
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered from Digital Eyes once, back when they had the Brotherhood of the Wold 3-disc for the lowest online price. It took 2-3 days for me to receive my package. It's rare that I receive any DVD order that quickly. I was impressed.

I have never ordered from them again simply because I use pricegrabber.com when I shop for DVDs. If digital eyes "plugged" their store inventory into a site such as pricegrabber, there's no telling how much more I would have purchased from them considering they do have good deals.
Old 05-07-04, 01:40 AM
  #30  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Posts: 30,012
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by cupon
I ordered from Digital Eyes once, back when they had the Brotherhood of the Wold 3-disc for the lowest online price. It took 2-3 days for me to receive my package. It's rare that I receive any DVD order that quickly. I was impressed.

I have never ordered from them again simply because I use pricegrabber.com when I shop for DVDs. If digital eyes "plugged" their store inventory into a site such as pricegrabber, there's no telling how much more I would have purchased from them considering they do have good deals.
Digital Eyes is "plugged in" to DVD Price Search:

http://www.dvdpricesearch.com/

Last edited by movielib; 05-07-04 at 09:42 AM.
Old 05-07-04, 02:23 AM
  #31  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,052
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by movielib
Digital Eyes is "plugged in" to DVD Price Search:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/price.html/
This price search is powered by pricegrabber.com, the same site I referenced in my earlier post. I've performed many searches for common titles and digitaleyes have never appeared.

Are you sure you're not mistaking dvdtalk's syndicated pricegrabber search with dvdpricesearch.com? The latter does include digital eyes.

I would use dvdpricesearch.com if it included secondspin.com and didn't have such a darn ugly interface.
Old 05-07-04, 08:55 AM
  #32  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 663
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by slop101
I pre-ordered the Disney tins from DE way back before they got delayed - they had the best on-line price for the set. I can't wait to get them.

This is my first purchase from DE - do they send out a shipping notice when they ship?
We do send out shipping confirmations.

Mark
Old 05-07-04, 09:43 AM
  #33  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Posts: 30,012
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by cupon
This price search is powered by pricegrabber.com, the same site I referenced in my earlier post. I've performed many searches for common titles and digitaleyes have never appeared.

Are you sure you're not mistaking dvdtalk's syndicated pricegrabber search with dvdpricesearch.com? The latter does include digital eyes.

I would use dvdpricesearch.com if it included secondspin.com and didn't have such a darn ugly interface.
Wow, that is weird. I cut and pasted the url for DVD Price Search onto my post and it was changed to the DVD Talk Price Search (didn't notice it when I posted last night). I tried to edit my post and it keeps doing the same thing.

But yes, DVD Price Search includes Digital Eyes.
Old 05-07-04, 09:46 AM
  #34  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 663
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will look into us listing on PriceGrabber.

Mark
Old 05-07-04, 09:07 PM
  #35  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,052
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by DigitalEyes
I will look into us listing on PriceGrabber.

Mark
This would be great Mark. Thanks for looking into this.
Old 05-08-04, 06:07 AM
  #36  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Lakewood,OH,USA
Posts: 1,927
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DigitalEyes
We do send out shipping confirmations.

Mark
[/QUOTE


I received shipping confirmations for 2 separate orders on 5-4 and on 5-5. Mark - I also sent an email about one of the orders on 5-5 and didn't get a response yet. Should I communicated with you here?

Last edited by bdots48; 05-08-04 at 06:10 AM.
Old 05-08-04, 07:54 AM
  #37  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 663
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bdots48
Originally posted by DigitalEyes
We do send out shipping confirmations.

Mark
[/QUOTE


I received shipping confirmations for 2 separate orders on 5-4 and on 5-5. Mark - I also sent an email about one of the orders on 5-5 and didn't get a response yet. Should I communicated with you here?
The best thing to do is to e-mail customer service ([email protected]) rather than leave order questions here or e-mailing me directly.

Thanks,
Old 05-10-04, 02:32 PM
  #38  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Singlewide Trailer
Posts: 51
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any word on when the pre-orders for the Monster Legacy box set and the Marx Bros. box set are finally going to ship?
Old 05-10-04, 02:38 PM
  #39  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 663
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by MonsterHunter
Any word on when the pre-orders for the Monster Legacy box set and the Marx Bros. box set are finally going to ship?
We are still waiting on Universal to complete manufacturing on the Monsters. The Marx Brothers came in and have shipped out in order of preorder. We have more coming in when Warner Brothers presses more.

Thanks,
Old 05-21-04, 03:08 PM
  #40  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Singlewide Trailer
Posts: 51
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since people only seem to post when they have complaints (myself included), I thought it would be only appropriate to compliment someone for good service. I pre-ordered all four Walt Disney Treasures and they showed up a day or so before release date in perfect condition and all for about $79 shipped! Just wanted to say thanks to Digital Eyes for that and that I'll be using them again.
Old 05-21-04, 06:00 PM
  #41  
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 43,931
Received 453 Likes on 317 Posts
They sent the four Disney Treasures I ordered to South Carolina, instead of California, where I live.

They have my correct address in their system when I look up my account info, but they must have made a typo on the zip code, since on their shipping confirmation they have it going to zip 29xxx, instead of 92xxx. I should have got it last Friday, but I'm still waiting.

I called them and they said they'd ship another one out, we'll see...
Old 06-03-04, 09:00 AM
  #42  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Billerica MA
Posts: 763
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like to buy my anime from Digital Eyes. I've been waiting for the Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum Edition to show up so I can preorder. A number of retailers already have it up for preorder. How far in advance will Digitaleyes start offering this title?
Old 10-09-04, 10:50 AM
  #43  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Adrenaline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Elkridge, MD USA
Posts: 1,479
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just placed an order, I used the IAMNEW coupon which it accepted and showed the $5 off the order. When I got my confirmation email shortly afterwards it didn't show the $5 off coupon!

I emailed their customer service, I'll report back.
Old 10-20-04, 09:06 AM
  #44  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,160
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by DigitalEyes
The best thing to do is to e-mail customer service ([email protected]) rather than leave order questions here or e-mailing me directly.

Thanks,
well the response to my email to customer service is as slow as the shipping..i emailed them about an order of mine thats growing mold and have yet to hear back fromorm anyone.
Old 10-20-04, 09:18 AM
  #45  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 663
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Deke Rivers
well the response to my email to customer service is as slow as the shipping..i emailed them about an order of mine thats growing mold and have yet to hear back fromorm anyone.
Please e-mail me directly and I will check into why you have not had a response.

Mark
[email protected]
Old 10-20-04, 11:13 AM
  #46  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,160
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
email sent..thanks!
Old 10-28-04, 12:33 AM
  #47  
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for posting the source for DVD purchase
Old 10-28-04, 06:16 PM
  #48  
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Mi
Posts: 404
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could you guys tell me what you mean by fast shipping, sent out the next day or second?
Old 10-28-04, 08:35 PM
  #49  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 663
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by themovieguru
Could you guys tell me what you mean by fast shipping, sent out the next day or second?
Orders that arrive by 5PM generally ship the next day.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.