Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Think OfficeMax B&M will honor online price?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-04, 03:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been trying to order the TI-89 Calculator and PC cable kit from Officemax.com for a few hours now, using a $30 off $150 order. Everytime I submit the info, I get an error "processing credit card number" The CC info I gave is correct, and it passes the Visa online validation with no problems, so problem is definitely on their end.

I tried calling customer service 3 times. Twice they hung up on me as call was transferred from queue to a rep. The third time, the customer service rep told me "I don't know, there might be server problems, just keep trying to resubmit" Gee, thanks, that's helpful...but, that's what I've been doing periodically over the past 6 hours (probably 8 or 9 attempts now.)

Since I need to get to bed now, and won't be able to retry in the morning, that means the order will not be placed in time to ship tomorrow so that I'd receive it on Friday. So, I'm kind of screwed, unless they'll honor that $30 coupon at the retail store since I tried online and couldn't order.

I just sent the following email to them (A lot of repeats of what I already stated, but this is a cut & paste of what I just sent)

have tried submitting my order multiple times over the past 6 hours. Each time I get the same error message, error while processing credit card number. Credit card info is correct, and passes the Visa online validation with no problems. Tried calling customer service, twice I was hung up on, and once was told "nothing I can do, just keep trying to resubmit the order" Not very helpful IMHO.
Since I now will not be able to place order in time for it to ship today to receive it on Friday, will you honor the $30 off a $150 order in your retail store (Beaumont, TX location)?

Was trying to order TI-89 graphing calculator, plus the PC cable accessory. Total was as follows.
Item# 02224408 $149.98
TI-89 Graphing Calc.

Item# 20163519 $19.98
TI Grap. Calc. Connectivity Kit.

Subtotal $169.96
Promo code Disc $30.00
Tax $11.55
Grand Total $151.51

If you can make arrangements for me to pick this up at the Beaumont, TX retail store today at this same price, I will buy it from OfficeMax. Otherwise, considering the hangups and less then helpful customer service, I will take my business elsewhere.

Thank you,
*my name*
Old 01-15-04, 12:06 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where I live, they will price match stuff from online(including other stores) as long as you print it out.
Old 01-15-04, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They never even replied to my email, bastards.

But, I stopped in at the retail store on my way home and showed the manager a print out of the order page with the discount and the error message.

He did give me the same $30 discount.

So, as far as I'm concerned, their online CS dept bites, but at least at the local B&M location they were just the opposite--friendly and helpful.