Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

This is pathetic...

Old 01-15-04, 12:16 AM
Banned

This is pathetic...

It started yesterday when I received my Underworld DVD from freedvds.com. But I watched it today. I ordered the WS version, the packaging says WS. Yet when I opended the DVD the words: FULL SCREEN are printed on the DVD. I have never had that happend before. Now on top of that I ordered a Starting Line dvd(The starting line is a band) off their own record company's website, and they send me the CD version. They have two versions of a EP CD they just made, one obviously is the CD, and the other is a live version on a DVD. Now let me remind you, when you order something off a companys website, you usually get a receit saying what you bought. The paper I got CLEARLY said DVD. I think they need to stop employing crack heads at these companys.
Old 01-15-04, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

...so is this thread title.
Old 01-15-04, 01:16 PM
Banned

...so are you.
Old 01-15-04, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by tsl141
...so are you.
It would have helped if the thread title was more specific on the subject. I had no idea it had anything to do with Freedvds.com until I opened the thread.
Old 01-15-04, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Here's a crazy idea: Contact their customer service department and complain!

omg!!!!1!!1!
Old 01-15-04, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I like Iron Chef's radical idea of talking with their customer service.

Seriously though, vague thread titles like this thread has are annoying at best, and will be ignored by many at worst.

Last edited by Heat; 01-15-04 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-15-04, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by LASERMOVIES
I had no idea it had anything to do with Freedvds.com until I opened the thread.
And, actually, it doesn't.

If the packaging says "Widescreen" on it, but it contains a fullscreen disc, the issue is with Columbia/Tri-Star. The 'crack heads' at freedvds.com would have no way of knowing what was in the sealed case.
Old 01-15-04, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by bboisvert
And, actually, it doesn't.

If the packaging says "Widescreen" on it, but it contains a fullscreen disc, the issue is with Columbia/Tri-Star. The 'crack heads' at freedvds.com would have no way of knowing what was in the sealed case.
After reading the post again you are correct. However you forgot to include the crack heads from the record company that sent the Starting Line CD instead of the DVD. Freedvd.com is innocent but will obviously need to exchange the mispackaged fullscreen disc for the Columbia/Tri-Star crack heads. Now to put the whole thing in a single coherent thread title will be a challenge.