Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

What does DDD mean?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

What does DDD mean?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-04, 01:20 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 911 Likes on 771 Posts
What does DDD mean?

I see people use this acronym in their posts and can't figure it out. If someone can verse me I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-04-04, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Deep Discount DVD
Old 01-04-04, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think many on this forum would like to call it Delayed Delivery DVD.
Old 01-04-04, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by LASERMOVIES
Old 01-05-04, 01:06 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I see triple D, I think of really huge boobies.
Old 01-05-04, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by El-Kabong
When I see triple D, I think of really huge boobies.
One more time . . . how old did you turn the other day?

Old 01-05-04, 08:04 AM

Aaaaaaaaaahahaha! Good one Laser.

PEACH
Old 01-05-04, 01:31 PM
Banned

True, its Delayed Delivery Dvd.
Old 01-05-04, 07:01 PM

Oh the fun we could have with this, eh?

Damaged Defaced DVD
Defective Detached DVD

tsk. the possibilities.
PEACH
Old 01-06-04, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Do Not listen to Miss Peach et al.....DDD is the single best deal in retail dvds. I've placed dozens of orders without a single problem over the last two years.....as have most other members around here. They're a helluva lot more dependable than DVDPlanet that's for sure....
Old 01-06-04, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

For you maybe. I'm still waiting for a DVD that supposedly shipped on the 12th of December. I've also had numerous emails that I've sent and they still haven't responded.
Old 01-06-04, 01:16 PM

Yep. It should be delayed delivery DVD. It has now been 20 business days since my order shipped, still no sign of my DVDs.
Old 01-06-04, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

While DDD is indeed slow at times I received all 9 items ordered within two weeks during the 'mad coupon rush' last month. So I have no complaints with their service (yet). If you want it fast go to a B&M, If you want cheap DDD is the place. If you are a shrewed shopper you might find better deals elsewhere (Amazon with STL for instance).
Old 01-06-04, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I find it amazing that people still place the blame for the USPS Media Mail delivery times (during the holidays, no less) on DDD? You all have personally chosen the FREE shipping, which we all know is Media Mail. It's not like anyone sprung it on you by surprise. If you received the shipping notice 20 days ago (as the case with randy), DDD's involvement in getting the DVD to you ended 20 days ago and it became a USPS problem.

In addition, because they area good company, if you call them about it, they will work with you to send out another one (free of charge), but they only do that for the sake of good customer service, not because they have done anything wrong.

I'm with brizz on this one. They are an excellent company. In the last year alone, I have spent almost $1470 on 84 DVD titles from DDD. Given the number of boxed sets, 2-disc sets, collector's sets, TV series, etc. that I have purchase in that time, I would imagine that my average, "per disc" cost is about $10 including shipping (I always use the free shipping option). In that time, the closest thing that I have had to a problem with them (and even this was not their fault) is that someone stole my Lion King DVD out of the box on it's way to my house. I called DDD immediately and they sent out a replacement, free of charge, the next day.
Old 01-06-04, 05:41 PM
Retired

Amen. I know it's free, and a USPS issue rather than DDD, but it's just too slow for me, and after I upgrade to the faster shipping the price is usually the same or more as I can buy it locally.

I have mainstream tastes, so I can usually find anything I want at Best Buy.
Old 01-12-04, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Actually, apart from the huge 20% sale in Decembner (which led to many backorders and slow shipping), DDD has always been excellent. And I've ordered a lot from them over the past few years. Media Mail is indeed slower than other methods, and their faster mail arrives promptly.

The vast majority of DVD Talk members are very happy with DDD. You can tell who the few disgruntled customers are. $^)
Old 01-12-04, 07:07 PM

another thumbs up for DDD.
Old 01-13-04, 01:09 PM
Retired

Originally posted by drmoze

The vast majority of DVD Talk members are very happy with DDD. You can tell who the few disgruntled customers are. $^)
Just to clarify, I'm not disgruntled and wouldn't tell someone not to use them.

I just don't personally see a point in ordering something from them and waiting two weeks, when I can pick it up on release day at Best Buy for the same or a dollar or two more. And BB is cheaper than getting the faster shipping from DDD.

So I only use them for something odd which BB doesn't carry as a lot of times they have the best online price.

So I guess, in reality I just think online shopping is pointless for me, since I have a great BB 5 minutes away that almost always has everything I want for the same or less than I can get it online with the benefit of not having to wait for it.
Old 01-13-04, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
I just don't personally see a point in ordering something from them and waiting two weeks, when I can pick it up on release day at Best Buy for the same or a dollar or two more. And BB is cheaper than getting the faster shipping from DDD.
I think I've only ever done 3 pre-orders from them, but of those three (all using the free shipping option), one arrived on the release day, another arrived the day before release day, and the third was stolen from the box en route.

But I think that the empty box arrived on time.

Last edited by talemyn; 01-13-04 at 02:25 PM.
Old 01-13-04, 05:17 PM
Retired

I have heard they're decent on pre-orders, I just refuse to pre-order stuff because everytime I do I end up finding a better deal later (often after it's too late to cancel).
Old 01-13-04, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have never had any problems with DDD - in fact, I have a pre-order pending right now.
Old 01-15-04, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I love DDD. DDD, would you marry me?
Old 01-15-04, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

3-D?
Old 01-16-04, 04:49 AM

I have been very happy with my orders at DDD. In fact, I just received an order from them today that I ordered ten days ago using the free shipping option. Ten days for receipt of a package sent media mail is certainly within the ballpark. When I have in the past elected priority mail, I have received my order in as few as four days from the time it was placed on-line. The only thing I can complain about is that they didn't send me an email for the 20% off sale in December! Best, Scott
Old 01-17-04, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Scott Connors
In fact, I just received an order from them today that I ordered ten days ago using the free shipping option.
Me too! I received JFK SE today. I receive about 2 DVDs a week from them on average and do 90% of my DVD buying there in the last 6 months (since having discovered the site).

10-14 days is worth the wait in my opinion, as I am in no hurry for most of the ones I buy there. Because they are in NJ and I'm on So Cal, 10 days is the minimum.

When I want a NR fast, I will go to Costco and check out the prices at BB B&M or the DVD Planet B&M Store (after checking out the price online first).

Whatever works!

In short, DDD is King!

--LVM