Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone shopped at DVDPlanet recently?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 01-03-04, 12:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone shopped at dvdplanet during this past holiday season? How is the free(min. $25 order) shipping?
Old 01-03-04, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered Spartacus: CC and George Washington: CC and they both arrived in about a week (not exactly sure how long because the got here when I was out of town).
Old 01-03-04, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm moving some of my business to them now that shipping is free and Criterions are 35% off. I ordered The Bank Dick: CC and W.C. Fields 6 short films: CC discs in one order and I preordered Ikiru: CC with another. If the free shipping time isn't too bad they may get more of my business.

With Amazon I usually get the DVDs in about a week, but it takes three weeks with Deep Discount and since DVD Planet is now owned by the same company I'm wondering if it will take the same amount of time.

Last edited by darkside; 01-03-04 at 07:55 AM.
Old 01-05-04, 01:35 PM
Banned

I haven't shopped with Dvdplanet since November. I placed my order and I waited and waited... Then they emailed me telling me that they'll have to charge me an extra $5 for shipping. And I waited some more, and then finally after like two and a half weeks, I recevied my order. They used to be my preferred place for ordering dvds (because of the low prices). But after having been through this almost every order, I've decided the extra couple bucks saved is not worth the gray hairs from stress, frustration and waiting. Amazon is the place for me now and never have they been a problem for me.
Old 01-05-04, 08:18 PM

I placed an order with them for the Hitchcock CC boxset on December 16th. I received the dvds within a day or two of Christmas using their free shipping. With free shipping their Criterion deals are about the best available.