Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DDD: When is an order really cancelled?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-03, 06:33 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the first time I've ever ordered with DDD, and it was during the famous 20% off special. Part of my order supposedly shipped last week--I haven't received it yet, but I'm hoping it will get here in the next few days, and it looks like I was charged correctly on my card for the stuff that shipped.

However, the rest of my order is not going as smoothly. I got an email saying that the remainder of my order was cancelled because my card didn't work. I called the card company, and they said that DDD had tried to seek an authorization, but they entered the wrong card expiration, so it was declined. But DDD must have realized their mistake, because they tried again afterwards, and the authorization is still there now, waiting for them to follow through.

The email cancellation notice DDD sent was dated after the authorization was accepted and working. So most likely, is my order really cancelled? When I checked my online order history at DDD, my order is still listed as "Open." IIRC, in at least one of the DDD threads, someone was saying that even though they got an email cancellation from DDD, DDD then told them the cancellation note was a mistake. I also remember reading somewhere that it's impossible to cancel anything at DDD.

I've tried calling them, but I don't know if I'm just calling at the busiest times, or if you're actually expected to wait on hold for someone to pick up for 30 minutes and not get through. And some fellow DVDTalkers have relayed their experience that DDD CS can't be trusted anyway. So I just don't know how much good that would do, or if that will actually make matters worse. Right now, I'm hoping my order wasn't cancelled because I still want the discs. But right after I go order that stuff somewhere else, I'm going to think otherwise, and I don't want the hassle of having to go wait in line at the post office so I can send it back. Thanks.
Old 12-19-03, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like your order is still open but only customer service will be able to confirm if it is.

I also remember reading somewhere that it's impossible to cancel anything at DDD.

Not true! I have cancelled many orders or parts of orders at DDD. However you cannot cancel through their site or if an order has entered the shipping process. But if you phone customer service it shouldn't be a problem. I don't trust email to cancel.

I've tried calling them, but I don't know if I'm just calling at the busiest times, or if you're actually expected to wait on hold for someone to pick up for 30 minutes and not get through.
You must be calling when they are very busy. I've called CS several times in the afternoon and never had to wait more than 5 minutes. What time are you trying to call?
Old 12-20-03, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
I've had a few orders with them where requesting a cancellation magically sped up the order entering the shipping process...