Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Coconuts (TransWorld companies which include Fyes, Strawberries) rebates question....

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Coconuts (TransWorld companies which include Fyes, Strawberries) rebates question....

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-03, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,073 Likes on 650 Posts

I am tempted to buy the South Part Season 3 set from them tomorrow at $34.99 less a $10 rebate. My question is for those of you who have used them before & have sent in rebates to them before: Do you have to deface the box by cutting out the UPC code?

The guy at the store told me that you have to send in the checklist sheet, the copy of the receipt & the UPC code from the box. I asked if I could use the sticker on top that states the product or the Coconuts price sticker that shows the UPC # on it but he said that he did not think so.

So...for those of you that have done this before (and I know you are out there), how did you submit yours & were you successfull? I will not cut open the South Park box at the UPC area as that part of the carboard box helps houses the DVDs. I can't imagine them wanting you to do that???

I also wanted top pick up A Christmas Story & Scrooged for the low price of $9.99 but those also have rebates.

Please advise. Thanks!
Old 12-15-03, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup, you'll need the UPC off the box, which is why I usually pass on their rebates.

The only time I've taken advantage of one was on Gangs of New York because there was an extra UPC stickered to the shrinkwrap.
Old 12-16-03, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Coconuts (TransWorld companies which include Fyes, Strawberries) rebates question....

Originally posted by brianluvdvd
I am tempted to buy the South Part Season 3 set from them tomorrow at $34.99 less a $10 rebate. My question is for those of you who have used them before & have sent in rebates to them before: Do you have to deface the box by cutting out the UPC code?

The guy at the store told me that you have to send in the checklist sheet, the copy of the receipt & the UPC code from the box. I asked if I could use the sticker on top that states the product or the Coconuts price sticker that shows the UPC # on it but he said that he did not think so.

So...for those of you that have done this before (and I know you are out there), how did you submit yours & were you successfull? I will not cut open the South Park box at the UPC area as that part of the carboard box helps houses the DVDs. I can't imagine them wanting you to do that???

I also wanted top pick up A Christmas Story & Scrooged for the low price of $9.99 but those also have rebates.

Please advise. Thanks!
I've sent in their price sticker and the rebate form and have been successful.
Old 12-19-03, 11:23 PM
Banned

I sent for my SCARFACE rebate on Sept. 30, and as of Dec. 19 still have not recieved it. And I did have to cut from the giftset sheet.
So I will never again go thru their crap rebates.
Old 12-20-03, 11:11 AM

I did the FYE rebate a few months ago for the Led Zep DVD. There was a UPC on the outer wrap that I sent in instead of cutting the box. A few weeks later, I got a postcard from them saying the rebate was rejected because I didn't supply the proper UPC. A week or two after that my rebate check came. Odd.... YMMV.
Old 12-20-03, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I sent my Scarface rebate in. I just photocopied the proof of purchase and stuck the price sticker on an index card and sent it in. I received 2 rebate checks 2 months later