Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DeepDiscountDVD : Problems and more problems...

Old 11-20-03, 09:42 PM

DeepDiscountDVD : Problems and more problems...

Will these chaps ever get their act in order?

My first purchase with them last month was not a pleasant experience, but I got my DVD in the end at least.

I made my second order with them last week for Once Upon a time in america on 11/12. On 11/13 the order had the big bold "completed" title on it, but the order details said "Preorder" . I waited for 8 days and did not get my DVD.

So I called them today, waited on the phone for 25 minutes and spoke to a rep who said: "Sir, your credit card had a problem. So we cancelled your order".

I called my credit card company and they were completely puzzled by this. They said that they dont see any record that DDD tried to even charge my CC. They also said my card was good and there should have been no problem.

I wonder how these people stay in business. It is almost not worth the hassle of ordering with them to save $2 or $3 measly bucks.
Old 11-20-03, 11:58 PM

I have said it before..try www.dvdpacific.com I switched to them several months ago now because of the ongoing problems and while they may be that little more expensive on an item here and there it certainly makes up for it with the wonderful customer service you receive from them and everything I order is shipped priority also which I really like.
Old 11-21-03, 05:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

hah! we totally know you are the president of dvd pacific, unbeeleebable! your little plan has backfired!
Old 11-21-03, 07:48 AM

LOL..If they would have me I would gladly take the position!!
Old 11-21-03, 08:57 PM

BestBuy price for the DVD is $3 more than DDD. I will buy it from BB and save the hassle. Goodbye DDD!
Old 11-24-03, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Goodbye to you. DDD has millions of satisfied customers.
Old 11-24-03, 02:51 PM

I've had nothing but good experiences with DDD. I ordered a DVD a couple months ago and it still hadn't arrived after about 10 days, so I called them up and they shipped another one right away...I received it in about 3 days. Might have been due to the blackout.

I've probably placed about 15-20 orders in the past year or two, and that's the only time I didn't get my order promptly.

As for your experience, maybe you made a typo when you entered your credit card, and you didn't notice when they e-mailed you about it?
Old 11-25-03, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I placed my very first order with DDD on 11/22/2003 . I ordered Ichi The Killer and Suicide Club, unrated versions of both. Ichi was IN-STOCK and Suicide Club is backordered. i would have preferred to know what was in IN-STOCK and what wasnt before i placed the order but thats ok, the site says they wont charge my card on backorders until its in-stock, hopefully it wont take long and the price was very low.

I used the free shipping option and i expect some delays because of this Holiday week but hopefully everything will go smoothly and i will report back with a positive experience.

i was always weary to start ordering online, i enjoyed browsing and buying at the B&Ms but after the TERRIBLE stocking of non-matrix type of DVDs and the raising of the prices at Best Buy, i am forced to go elsewhere and hope i found a new home at DDD.
Old 11-25-03, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Hobgoblin
BestBuy price for the DVD is $3 more than DDD. I will buy it from BB and save the hassle. Goodbye DDD!
I've placed several recent orders (Indy, Nemo, etc.) and in each case I've received my order within 7-8 days. Not only no hassle, but also no tax, which mounts up pretty quickly at .0865% here in NYC.
Old 11-27-03, 12:31 AM

Originally posted by marty888
which mounts up pretty quickly at .0865% here in NYC.
Hehe, that 0.08 % must be a killer =)

8 cents for every 100 dollars spent. Sorry ... just found it funny.
Old 11-28-03, 11:05 PM
Suspended - needs to provide a working email

the only complain for me is that they wun let u cancel ur order. i try cancelling once by emailing them. after 4 days, they told me it was shipped. other than that, so far so good.
Old 11-29-03, 10:18 PM

I've ordered from them a number of times and have had no problem. Sorry about your luck though.
Old 11-29-03, 10:58 PM

Well I swore I wouldn't use them again but with the 20% off coupon is just to hard to resist!
Old 12-06-03, 05:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Hobgoblin
Best Buy are the kings of bad customer service.

Good luck.
Old 12-06-03, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I got 3 copies of each dvd i ordered, is that normal, I sent them an email, i got one back acknowlodging they got it but not from a human being, im returning 2 copies back on monday
Old 12-07-03, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Rypro 525
I got 3 copies of each dvd i ordered, is that normal, I sent them an email, i got one back acknowlodging they got it but not from a human being, im returning 2 copies back on monday
I've recently experienced something similar at DDD. On 10/29,
I ordered 1 Spellbound DVD. I received an email confirming that one DVD was ordered. Then on 11/3, I received another email indicating that 2 Spellbound DVD has been shipped to me. And that my credit card was charged for 2 DVDs. Then on 11/10, I received 1 Spellbound DVD in the mail. DDD sent me a pre-paid return postage to send back the 2nd DVD even though they only shipped me one (but charged me for 2 copies). I sent them an email that I only received one DVD. So they said to ignore their pre-paid postage mail. But now when I look on the DDD web site, it still says my credit card has been charged for 2 copies.

Does anyone know how to get DDD to fix this problem so I'm only charged for 1 copy of DVD I ordered and received?
Old 12-07-03, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by mookiemeister
I've recently experienced something similar at DDD. On 10/29,
I ordered 1 Spellbound DVD. I received an email confirming that one DVD was ordered. Then on 11/3, I received another email indicating that 2 Spellbound DVD has been shipped to me. And that my credit card was charged for 2 DVDs. Then on 11/10, I received 1 Spellbound DVD in the mail. DDD sent me a pre-paid return postage to send back the 2nd DVD even though they only shipped me one (but charged me for 2 copies). I sent them an email that I only received one DVD. So they said to ignore their pre-paid postage mail. But now when I look on the DDD web site, it still says my credit card has been charged for 2 copies.

Does anyone know how to get DDD to fix this problem so I'm only charged for 1 copy of DVD I ordered and received?
At this point, you may be better off disputing the charge (for the additional DVD that you didn't order) with your credit card company. They'll be able to see that you were charged the same amount twice and shouldn't give you a problem about disputing the second charge.
Old 12-07-03, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by mookiemeister

The online account history isn't always accurate. Have you checked your CC statement to see if you were actually charged for 2 copies? Or you could just call DDD and ask them.
Old 12-08-03, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hobgoblin - I'd expect that maybe you typed your credit card in wrong . . . I've heard other people say that has happened to them before.

scarredgod - The back-ordered notice generally shows up in the shopping cart after you have added it in. Did you not see it there (in red lettering)?

ntuc - I had a similar problem with them once, but their explaination was an understandable one. They have such a huge number of emails coming into their customer service queue and the orders get sent to their fulfillment center quickly enough that, often, they don't get to the customer service e-mails until it's too late too change them. Since learning that, any time I have had a question/request for them, I have always called and they take care of it immediately.

Everybody who have had trouble getting multiple copies of DVD's . . . - One thing that it might be causing this is the technology of their shopping cart system. It seems to be "hyper-sensitive" to the forward and backward functionality of the browser. Example . . . if you add an item to the cart and then go back to the previous page and then forward to the cart again, it seems to add another copy of the item to the order. I think it may happen in other forward and backward situations too.

Anyway, the solution should be as easy as always checking the quantities in your shopping cart before submitting your order.

I have never had anything but an awesome experience with DDD (in many an order). They are decidedly my supplier of choice.

Hope you guys have better luck in the future!
Old 12-09-03, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll add to the complaints:

DDD shipped Gladiator to me yesterday. I never so much as looked at that title, let alone ordered it.

Critic's Choice Video (an affiliate of DDD) shipped a $60 order on Sunday. I ordered from them many many years ago with a sweet coupon, but haven't since. Even my account info is way out-of-date on their site. They're sending it to another address here in town, which makes no sense. Could someone of hacked into DDDs system and gotten my info?
Old 12-09-03, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

DDD gets only kudos from me. My two recent orders were shipped the first business day later. One back ordered item was shipped 4 days later. Yes, it does take a week or so to receive my goodies after they are shipped but if I wanted them fast I'd go to Circut City and pay more.

When doing such high volume like DDD has been recently, there are going to be some mistakes. The question is how well they fix those mistakes.
Old 12-09-03, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Norm de Plume
Goodbye to you. DDD has millions of satisfied customers.
And millions of non-satisfied customers as well. Just look around here sometime. Or do a search if you're too lazy.
Old 12-09-03, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Daytripper
And millions of non-satisfied customers as well. Just look around here sometime. Or do a search if you're too lazy.
Millions of non-satisfied customers? I'd say that is a bit of an overstatement . . . I've seen maybe 10 individuals compaining in this forum vs. the thread upon thread upon thread of people who are more than happy to take DDD up on their 20% coupons.
Old 12-09-03, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by talemyn
Millions of non-satisfied customers? I'd say that is a bit of an overstatement . . . I've seen maybe 10 individuals compaining in this forum vs. the thread upon thread upon thread of people who are more than happy to take DDD up on their 20% coupons.
Um, did you you happen to see the person's post I was responding to? THEY said millions of people were happy with the company. To which I replied the way I did. And I'd say that only 10 individuals complaining is a bit of an understatement. There have been quite a few anti-DDD threads (and posts) around here for several months.
Old 12-09-03, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ok... DeepDiscountDVD just PISSES ME OFF!!!

i placed an order on 12/5/2003... click the "submit button" everything went fine...
i even got the email respond:

Happy Holidays!!!!
Thank you for ordering from DeepDiscountDVD.com
Your order information appears below.
YOU WILL RECEIVE ANOTHER EMAIL WITH AN ORDER CONFIRMATION NUMBER.

If you need to get in touch with us, please send us a new e-mail message to [email protected] instead of replying to this message.

Order Date: 12/05/03 Credit Card# *********

Item Description Quantity Price
------------- ---------------------------------------- -------- --------
DDPRD015498D SHOGUN 1 $46.08

DDHVD001658D NAKED LUNCH (SE)(2D) 1 $23.00

DDCAV000079D BRAIN DAMAGE (LE) 1 $11.98

DDPRD006830D ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST (SCE) 1 $10.84

DDLVD012594D YOUNG GUNS (SE) 1 $8.50
------------- ---------------------------------------- -------- --------
Tax: $0.00
Shipping Price: $0.00
Order Total: $100.40

You will receive an order confirmation shortly.
Once again, thank you for ordering from DeepDiscountDVD.com!
http://www.DeepDiscountDVD.com

looks good? so far.....
then i never got any "confirmationorder number" email...
so, i checked my Order Status on DDD website... guess what?!
i DID NOT see this order

so today i called them up & try to find out what's happenning with my order

CSR told me that they didn't got my order (duh!)... & they could NOT honnor the order since the 20% discount already expired
PLUS they gave me a bunch of excusses about "you only allowed to use 1 coupon per account"

talked to the supervisor, she said the same thing...

so, for all of ya'll that got went through 5 or 4 codes, congratulation!

the thing that really bugs me is "i'm sorry sir... BUT WE CAN NOT HONNOR THE DISCOUNT"

i think i'm going to start shopping somewhere else.... after long years being their customer, it's time for me to move on to BETTER place....

the funny thing is, my 2 orders on the 12/4 & 12/6 went through both with 20% discount....

so pissed off right now

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.