Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVD trade ins at Digital Eyes DVD

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-03, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has anyone ever traded in used dvds at this place? how long did it take to receive credit?
Old 11-18-03, 04:12 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Funny you mentioned it because it reminded me to go check my account and it looks like they gave me my credit today

I sent it out last monday, based on the delivery confirmation, they received it last Wednesday, and I got the credit today. So, less than a week. Around the same timeframe from my prior dealings with them.

Had traded in approximately $400-500 worth of DVDs over the past year, and never had a problem with them.
Old 11-18-03, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The [owner/manager/somebody_important] also actively responds to threads in this forum. It's nice to know you have a direct line to the top, but if you use a little common sense, you shouldn't need it.
Old 11-24-03, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

well its been over a week for me and still nothing...do they notify you when the credit has been posteD? Account info doent really show any credits or anything..just your personal info
Old 11-24-03, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've traded in DVDs there many times without a problem. I always use delivery confirmation so I know when they've received them, and then usually allow about a week after that before I expect the credit to show up.
Old 11-24-03, 12:08 PM

They do send notification when they credit your account, at least, they did both times I sent them something in the past couple of months. It took around 10 days for the credit to be posted.
Old 11-24-03, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by dvd2001
I've traded in DVDs there many times without a problem. I always use delivery confirmation so I know when they've received them, and then usually allow about a week after that before I expect the credit to show up.
thats what i did as well.thats how I know its been over a week..Ill have to give them a call.
Old 11-24-03, 05:55 PM
Banned

If you go for cash over credit it can take a long time and at least two reminder phone calls to them to get your check sent out. I eventually get the check, but be prepared to wait.
Old 11-24-03, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by B.S.Preston,ESQ
If you go for cash over credit it can take a long time and at least two reminder phone calls to them to get your check sent out. I eventually get the check, but be prepared to wait.
As far as I know, they've eliminated the cash option ever since the merge with DDDvd. You can only trade for store credit now.
Old 11-25-03, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by B.S.Preston,ESQ
There isnt a cash option anymore..just store credit. I called them and they didnt have a clue. Guess I wont be using this "service" anymore.
From now on i dump my old ones on Ebay.I would rather deal with deadbeat bidders than this outfit
Old 11-25-03, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Deke,
I'd suggest an email to Mark, the owner. He's always been very responsive and fair, quick to deal with problems.

Try [email protected]
Old 11-25-03, 01:42 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally posted by Deke Rivers
There isnt a cash option anymore..just store credit. I called them and they didnt have a clue. Guess I wont be using this "service" anymore.
From now on i dump my old ones on Ebay.I would rather deal with deadbeat bidders than this outfit

What shipping method did you use to send DE the discs? And when you say it's "been more than a week" - more than a week since sending the dvds or them actually receiving them? Just inquiring the timeframe you're currently in: if you sent the DVDs by media mail...well, that week you're waiting might be the delivery time itself.

My trade-in process is pretty much the same as dvd2001:
- get my quote
- send my package with delivery confirmation. Since I like getting my credit quick, I tend to send it priority mail.
- get my credit around a week after they RECEIVE the package

As for where the credit amount appears, it'll be in your account area in big bold letters when it finally goes through.
Old 11-25-03, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by greydt
What shipping method did you use to send DE the discs? And when you say it's "been more than a week" - more than a week since sending the dvds or them actually receiving them? Just inquiring the timeframe you're currently in: if you sent the DVDs by media mail...well, that week you're waiting might be the delivery time itself.

My trade-in process is pretty much the same as dvd2001:
- get my quote
- send my package with delivery confirmation. Since I like getting my credit quick, I tend to send it priority mail.
- get my credit around a week after they RECEIVE the package

As for where the credit amount appears, it'll be in your account area in big bold letters when it finally goes through.
I sent with delivery confirmation so its been over a week since they RECIEVED the dvd's from me.
Old 12-02-03, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

well they have had my dvd's since the 11/17..thats two full weeks and still no credit..they do not answer e-mails and there phone number is constantly busy(never got a busy signal on an 888 number). What kind of schlock outfit is this place?
Old 12-02-03, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Did you email Mark too or just customer service?
Old 12-02-03, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I sent him one this morning. I am skeptical of getting a prompt answer

Last edited by Deke Rivers; 12-02-03 at 09:41 AM.
Old 12-02-03, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I think you'll get an answer from Mark before the end of the day, but let us know either way how it turns out.
Old 12-02-03, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i will let ya know if I hear anything. i was hoping to use the credit for all the stuff coming out this week and next but that may not happen now
Old 12-03-03, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Yakuza Bengoshi
I think you'll get an answer from Mark before the end of the day, but let us know either way how it turns out.
never heard back from Mark but toward the end of the day my account was finally credited..then later in the evening it was credited again..so they credited my account twice by mistake.
Dont know how they stay in business to tell ya the truth
Old 12-04-03, 03:55 PM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

that is worth the 2 week wait to get double the credit , whenever I have used their service I have gotten my credit within a week, and mark posts on here quite often surpised he has not checked this thread out yet
Old 12-05-03, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

he answered me a couple days later. he corrected the double credit after I told him and threw in some extra credit on my account for my honesty. I thne asked if two weeks was an abnormal wait time because I wanted to continue using them and he never answred me after that.
Will I use this trade in option again? I dont know. I will probably try one more trade in and if Its the same hassle then forget it.
the weird thing is they are in the same warehouse as DDD but their prices are higher than DDD? Same inventory higher prices????