Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Walmart Return Policy

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Walmart Return Policy

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-03, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Walmart Return Policy

Here's the deal, I bought the Good Guys Wear Black DVD from the 5.88 bargain bin on september 13, today I opened it to watch it and it seems that the DVD was loose inside and it's badly scratched. I still have the receipt, can I still exchange it for another copy even though it's been over 30 days?

I searched this forum and looked on the Walmart website and couldn't find the info.

Thank you in advance
Old 10-21-03, 10:29 PM

Wal-Mart is pretty good about exchanging or giving store credit without a receipt, as long as you haven't abused their return policy. I'm not sure how many days you have to return the product with the reciept, but I can tell you the experience I had there several weeks ago.

I purchased an exercise DVD that worked perfectly for over a week. I threw away the receipt because the DVD was working fine. A couple of days after I threw away the receipt, the DVD started messing up. I took the DVD back to Wal-Mart and asked to exchange it. They were sold out of all of the DVDs, so I went back up to the service desk and explained that the DVD was sold out. The woman took my driver's license information and issued me a credit on a Wal-Mart gift certificate for the amount of the DVD. Around that same time, I read something here that said that Wal-Mart will do this type of store credit three times a year. Since they take your driver's license information, they have a record of whether or not you are abusing their return policy.
Old 10-22-03, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Electronic items have a 45 day return policy.

If the item is defective and opened you can bring it back and receive the same item that you bought before.
Old 10-22-03, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thank you guys,

This would be my first return ever at Walmart, what I wasn't sure about was that it's been over a month since I bought the DVD.