Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon shopping cart problem anyone?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-03, 04:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been unable to access my shopping cart at Amazon since about 6AM EST this morning. Thus, I cannot place any orders. Is anyone else having problems? I am getting a page that says: "We're sorry..." whenever I try to add something to the cart or simply view it.

After talking to separate CSR's, one of which could access my cart and the other who had the same problem I did I was told to wait paitently.
Old 10-02-03, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My cart was working fine for me when I checked it a short time ago. About all you can do is wait and see if they fix it.
Old 10-05-03, 07:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not having a problem w/ the shopping cart, but I have placed a few orders recently for which I haven't received email confirmations. The order comes up on my order list so I'm not too worried about though...
Old 10-06-03, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

If it's still not working you might want to close IE and then empty your temporary internet files. We were having a problem with our web based exchange client and clearing the temp. internet files fixed the error for us. Can't hurt...

To do it, just close all IE windows, right click on the IE icon on your desktop and go to properties (or go to the internet icon in the control panel) and click the DELETE FILES button.
Old 10-06-03, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by nemein
Not having a problem w/ the shopping cart, but I have placed a few orders recently for which I haven't received email confirmations. The order comes up on my order list so I'm not too worried about though...
I had this same problem today also. I was also having problems checking out. It took me several tries to finally make it through. I checked my order a few minutes ago and now it is showing a "shipping soon" status, but I never received an e-mail confirmation.

EDIT: Just received my confirmation moments ago...

Last edited by boc4ever; 10-06-03 at 10:46 PM.
Old 10-07-03, 06:29 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Ben732
If it's still not working you might want to close IE and then empty your temporary internet files. We were having a problem with our web based exchange client and clearing the temp. internet files fixed the error for us. Can't hurt...

To do it, just close all IE windows, right click on the IE icon on your desktop and go to properties (or go to the internet icon in the control panel) and click the DELETE FILES button.
Ben372,

Thanks for the ideas but it's way beyond that. I've deleted every possible temp file and cookie on my system. I even ran scandisk and defragged it. Plus, Amazon agrees it's a problem on their end and not on mine. Still, it's been a full week now.

I opened up a new account with the same e-mail address and it works fine. I just have to go in and manually add back the 33 items into my cart and 300 items into my wish list!

I also had some GC funds which I got them to transfer to the 'new' account. The only thing they couldn't do was transfer the STL items so I have to re-request those. Very strange affair!