Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

is the DeepDiscountDVD site down?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 09-01-03, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get this when i go there.
Error Diagnostic Information
An error occurred while attempting to establish a connection to the server.

The most likely cause of this problem is that the server is not currently running. Verify that the server is running and restart it if necessary.

Unix error number 2 occurred: No such file or directory
Old 09-01-03, 09:31 AM

it's back up
Old 09-01-03, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I was having the same trouble on and off yesterday but finally got an order through. Today it still seems to be working on and off.
Old 09-01-03, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,721 Likes on 1,878 Posts
Same here. Looks like they're having server issues.

The site does this from time to time.
Old 09-01-03, 08:57 PM

Been a problem of over a week now. Even caused me to place the same order twice last weekend.

Been really bad tonight, spent 2 hours trying to place an order.
Old 09-01-03, 08:57 PM

I have been trying all weekend to place an order. I keep getting errors or the page won't load at all.

Hopefully it will be fixed tomorrow.
Old 09-02-03, 07:19 AM

I was getting the errors using IE but when I switched to Netscape it worked fine.
Old 09-02-03, 09:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I tried to place an order several times yesterday (Sunday) with no luck, but finally got it to go through this morning.

Then I went to the order status to check some other orders/pre-orders I had pending and they had all disappeared except one. Hopefully that's just a temporary glitch.

Roy
Old 09-02-03, 11:28 AM

It seemed to be working great just now until I tried to submit my order and I got all kinds of errors.
Old 09-02-03, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
Just tried to place an order and got an error screen. Same thing happened a couple of weeks ago and I ended up getting the same order placed twice. DDD has really gone downhill. There are just to many other sites that have comparable prices and better service to use them anymore. I miss the old days where DDD was the best thing going.
Old 09-02-03, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Just placed an order - was desperate to order Family Guy Vol. 2 - but it took a fierce amount of reloading to try and get the order completed.
Old 09-02-03, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The site was working fine for me earlier in the day. I tried a few minutes ago and it appears to be down now.
Old 09-02-03, 08:53 PM
Cool New Member

Strangest thing via DDD!

Yes, I too was having problems getting onto DDD for the last few days.

Also, I didn't receive a shipping confirmation I was expecting last week. When I finally got on the site I saw yesterday that the item was shipped on 8/29.

When I ripped open the package to get my new 2 disk jam packed Monty Python's Meaning of Life...I found something called "Earth" by the director of "Fire" both Indian movies by ...get this...a man named Deepa Mehta....Deepadiscount...whatsa goin' on dere?

I don't know how everybody feels about DDD. But I live in St. Louis and almost always get my preorders on Mon, 1 day prior to the street date.

They might have a few server problems a couple times a year...but hey...this is a way to have an alternative to the Walmart and Amazon Nazis!
Old 09-02-03, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Well, I wouldn't be so hard on amazon -- they're pretty cool with Share The Love and all. I had problems with DDD for several days, but I just got an order through no problem. Guess their problems have subsided.
Old 09-03-03, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
I've always had good experiences with DDD...but something strange is definately afoot. I ordered The Brood last Wednesday after not finding it at any B&M's and it is still showing as 'in process' a week later.....which is a first for them. I've ordered plenty over the years and never been disappointed with the turnaround till now....the site is all funked up and this order has been sitting for far too long.....
Old 09-03-03, 08:11 PM

eek, i try to give DDD my business whenever i can, but lately the service is a little slow. I ordered on monday and the site says it will ship on the 5th.. WTH? i would've gotten it by the 5th if i went elsewhere....
Old 09-03-03, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by nodoubt
eek, i try to give DDD my business whenever i can, but lately the service is a little slow. I ordered on monday and the site says it will ship on the 5th.. WTH? i would've gotten it by the 5th if i went elsewhere....
I ordered Suspiria LE from them on Friday. It said it would ship the 1st. Well, today is the 3rd, it's almost the 4th and the order status hasn't changed. Still says it's "IN PROCESS" and it will ship the 1st. Yeah right. The site is slow and doesn't work half the time. This will probably be my last order with them. They really need to get their act together. I'm wondering if anyone is even doing anything there anymore.

I emailed them today about the order. No reply yet. I opened a new Columbia House account Friday, a few minutes before I ordered from DDD. My account was approved Saturday, DVDs shipped Saturday and they arrived today.

Columbia House
Deep Discount DVD
Old 09-04-03, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've been trying to place an order for 3 days now and I can't get the site to work long enough to even fill my cart. At best, I get about 3 or 4 screens in a row before I hit the infamous "Error Diagnostic Information" screen.

Very frustrating.

Amazon has been getting A LOT more of my business lately. Although, in fairness, they ain't perfect either.
Old 09-04-03, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,721 Likes on 1,878 Posts
I was able to push one order through about three days ago. I got the first confirmation e-mail, but they still haven't sent me the second e-mail with my confirmation number. The order is on my account, but its backordered.

Has anyone received any recent orders or shipping confirmations from them? Are they still sending out orders?

Just wondering because I have a feeling they've lost a ton of business lately, if people can't even log onto the site. That has to hurt them.
Old 09-05-03, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I had a slight problem placing a new order today. The first time I tried placing it I got the error mesage, but the second try it went through. Only received an order confirmation email so far and no second email with the order number.

Also I have had a 2 orders ship but never received any emails confirming shipment. Or at least I think they shipped since they were listed as completed in my order history, and my credit card was charged for both orders. However, nothing recently received to date.
Old 09-05-03, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I received a dvd from them, but never received the shippin confirmation e-mail. However when I checked the status it did say shipped so who knows. All I know is it takes too many days to actually ship the items out so I have been doing less purchasing from them. I actually bought 2 Farscape discs for 24.99 at Circuit City instead of the 23.99 DDD price so I wouldn't have to deal with them.
Old 09-05-03, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Everytime I try to put an item in my cart I get: [b]"lease refresh the page. Thank You"[b]

Yet no matter how many times I "refresh" I still get this message.

Is it just me?
Old 09-05-03, 06:42 PM

Originally posted by Samuel
[B]Everytime I try to put an item in my cart I get: [b]"lease refresh the page. Thank You"

Yet no matter how many times I "refresh" I still get this message.

Is it just me?
i don't think i've seen that msg.

*sigh* so today is the 5th and my order is still "IN PROCESS"... for 5 days...
Old 09-06-03, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by nodoubt
i don't think i've seen that msg.

*sigh* so today is the 5th and my order is still "IN PROCESS"... for 5 days...
After 7 days of being "IN PROCESS" my order finally shipped. I guess you get what you pay for. I'll be happy as long as I get what I ordered in good shape.
Old 09-07-03, 08:49 AM

Like most in this thread, I too have been having problems with DDD.

Specifically, I would place an order and receive the automatic "order received" e-mail--and that was it. I never got an order confirmation or shipping email.

I had been waiting for a price match response and had been waiting for over a week. I had to call them and they told me their email system wasn't working for a week to 10 days.

We'll see if their problems are behind them!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.