Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

rant: I HATE AMAZON.COM!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-03, 11:24 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok...first off...

You go to amazon.com...and you get amazon.com.
Fine.
I can live with that.

THEN...you go to cdnow.com...and you get amazon.com
I always used to use the GREAT set up that cdnow had to search for songs or song titles and it gave me instant gratification. Always had all the answers. Now I can only search through amazon's lame ass search feature and everything comes up 10 cd's at a time with only the cd picture and title and all that. CDnow gave me a list. Amazon gives too much and too little information.

NOW...i go to search on the Virgin Megastore site and GUESS F&^%*ng what? It's powered by AMAZON.COM!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I hate....hate....hate...hate...hate Amazon.com. Is there anyone they AREN'T buying??? That alone makes me not want to buy from them...because they're so damn annoying.

*sigh*

I'll be ok in a few...
Old 04-10-03, 04:18 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Try www.cdnowpbc.com
Old 04-10-03, 04:20 PM

Yeah, I'm annoyed too, I used to use switchouse before they were closed down, I got 300+ positives on that site. Also they closed down egghead auction where I purchased my current computer.
Old 04-10-03, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

try toysrus.com
Old 04-10-03, 09:48 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
and Target.
Old 04-11-03, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's a conspiracy I tell you!
Old 04-11-03, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't forget about Borders...
Old 04-11-03, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
add Walmart to the list as well

and let's not forget about Microsoft.....
Old 04-11-03, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 165 Posts
Old 04-11-03, 11:47 AM

Re: rant: I HATE AMAZON.COM!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by digitalfreaknyc
I always used to use the GREAT set up that cdnow had to search for songs or song titles and it gave me instant gratification.
You can still search by song title at Amazon. They incorporated that feature into their site after they took over CDNow. Just go to the popular music section and next to the search box, hit the drop down arrow to search by 'Song Title' instead of the generic 'Popular Music' that it defaults to.

You can't do this from Amazon's home page. You have to be in their popular music section in order to do a song title search.
Old 04-11-03, 11:58 AM
Banned

wallet boy...

please read the post carefully...

I KNOW you can search by song but CDNOW had a list of all the songs/artists/albums. Amazon gives you the annoying pictures and only lists about 10 a page. CDNOW gave you a long list and was much easier to look at.
Old 04-12-03, 09:54 PM

Re: rant: I HATE AMAZON.COM!!!!!!!!!!

I hate....hate....hate...hate...hate Amazon.com. Is there anyone they AREN'T buying??? That alone makes me not want to buy from them...because they're so damn annoying.
I hear ya.
I recently checked my Amazon Gold Box and saw something that I was somewhat interested in, but I was not sure if it was a good price. So, I do as normal and put product name keywords onto google to see what other stores are charging. There were easily 25 hits returned and the first dozen I checked were all Amazon based affiliate stores. I quit after that.
Old 04-13-03, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
so, you hate they are succeeding at what they are trying to do?
Old 04-13-03, 08:12 PM

wallet boy...

I KNOW you can search by song but CDNOW had a list of all the songs/artists/albums. Amazon gives you the annoying pictures and only lists about 10 a page. CDNOW gave you a long list and was much easier to look at.
How about AllMusic.com. They have a fairly good song search that gives you a nice tight list of artists on one page.
Old 04-29-03, 08:37 AM
Banned

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I JUST GOT THIS EMAIL!!

_)&*(^#)%^*)Q)#&*$)_&(+%+$#)(W&*+)#(&$#&&(_)(&*

HMV and Amazon.ca have teamed-up to open a new store: HMV.com. HMV.com offers HMVs selection of DVDs, CDs and Videos, along with the additional features and services of Amazon.ca. You can visit our new store at: http://www.hmv.com.

THE MADNESS MUST STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-29-03, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)

I was thinking of you when I got this email today too..

Amazon is taking over the world..
Old 04-29-03, 09:26 PM

Hmv used to be a good website for buying CDs. Their DVD prices were a bit high but the CD prices weren't too bad for some titles. Now that it is an amazon store, the prices have gone up. One CD I was thinking of buying a couple of days ago was $28.99. now it is $54.99. Major rip off. I am very disappointed in hmv for caving to the pressure from amazon.
Old 04-30-03, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hate that Toysrus and Amazon merged; I used to buy video games from Amazon, partially because it saved me the sales tax. But since we have a Toysrus in our state, Amazon has to charge sales tax as well. Which means with Amazon, I pay tax and shipping (no free shipping on video games). Combine that with a shortage of coupons recently, and Amazon has gotten very little of my business.
Old 04-30-03, 06:25 PM
Rest in Peace

ditto

I used to buy off Reel.com until their parent went under, then Amazon until their blasted postage got too friggin high. Ah DeepDiscountDVD.com you can call them up and order, unlike amazon that you **HAD** to buy off their website only.

DDDVD my browser isn't supported enough to buy of their web address, but I can call them and order like I did today for 4 that are releasing May 20.

EZE DVD for for PAL R4 titles (Australia)
Old 05-03-03, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i actually like amazon (for the most part). for example, i ordered a book the other day. the web site listed the retail as 24.95 but when i got the book it was priced at 19.99. i called up and they said that it was a distributor error and they couldn't credit my account but they sent me a $5 GC to make up for their error. from me.
Old 05-04-03, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I like amazon. Half the time they forget to reduce the balance on my borders cards so I can use them more than they are worth. They've also given me $90 when adding a $10 gift certificate before.
Old 05-08-03, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

wallet boy...

FWIW, you can get amazon to list 25 items per page. If you do a search say via artist E.G. "The Beatles". Then click on the "next page" link at the bottom. Next, adjust the value of the "sz" key in the URL in the location edit box of your browser from its default value of 10 to 25 (that's the max, even if you put in 50) so it looks like this:

[url stuff]&sz=25&pg=[url stuff]

Now you get 25 items per page.

Anyone know how to make this sticky?

-Gunshy
Old 05-17-03, 04:17 PM

Thats because most companies are starting to realize what a customer base that Amazon.com has. When you can offer that many customers to a company, with a pretty good overall search engine, easily navigatable site...companies are willing to jump on board. NBA.com also just parterned with Amazon.

There are perks to being the #1 customer rated company in the world.
Old 05-23-03, 01:31 AM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>I JUST GOT THIS EMAIL!!

>_)&*(^#)%^*)Q)#&*$)_&(+%+$#)(W&*+)#(&$#&&(_)(&*

>HMV and Amazon.ca have teamed-up to open a new store: >HMV.com. HMV.com offers HMVs selection of DVDs, CDs and >Videos, along with the additional features and services of >Amazon.ca. You can visit our new store at: http://www.hmv.com.

>THE MADNESS MUST STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HMV sucked, it was way overpriced. Why would I want to pay 50% more for a DVD there than at ABSound or TAU. Somebody took over that at least knows how to operate a business.
Old 05-23-03, 10:52 AM
Banned

Originally posted by dvdnutty

HMV sucked, it was way overpriced. Why would I want to pay 50% more for a DVD there than at ABSound or TAU. Somebody took over that at least knows how to operate a business.
Well...i didn't use them for DVD's here. I used em for import cd's and other region dvd's. For that, they were grand.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.