Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Discover Card cashback problems

Old 02-28-03, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: New Jersey, where the state motto should be Leave No Tree Standing
Discover Card cashback problems

I bought a Dell PC back in November when Discover was running a special offer. If you shopped through their ShopCenter on their website and bought a Dell PC, you would get a special 1% cash back bonus, which amounts to $20 on a $2000 computer. It's been 3 months and my bonus has never arrived. The first time I called was after about 6 weeks had gone by and they said to let it go for another month, that it could take up to 10 weeks to credit. Now I called back and they claim they have no record of ever having this offer. I didn't print the site out from Discover, because I've never had problems with them before, I've always gotten the cashback bonuses from CDNow and BN.com. They said if I had a printout of the offer or some kind of proof they ever made this offer, that they would honor it for me. So, I'm hoping someone here has a printout of that offer or some other such proof. I realize it's only $20 (doubles to $40 when redeemed), but it's the principle. They made the offer, knowing full well that no one prints out the ShopCenter pages, and they are declining to honor it.

Last edited by RevLiver; 02-28-03 at 03:09 PM.