Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Selling DVDs to Digital Eyes?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 02-17-03, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone used this service through Digital Eyes before? I sent them several DVDs via priority mail with the option to have the money transferred into my Paypal account. It's been a couple of weeks now, and I'm curious as to how long it generally takes to receive the payment from them... Their website doesn't offer much information.
Old 02-17-03, 10:51 PM

Send them an email, they're usually quick to reply. I've both bought and sold with them numerous times in the last couple years and have never been dissatisfied. Can't help you on the normal timeline for deposits into a paypal acct., I've always sold them my discs for credit, which usually posts within a day or two of receipt.
Old 02-17-03, 10:52 PM

One, try emailing. Two, do a search in the forum.
Old 02-18-03, 01:15 AM
Banned

There used to be a lot of digital eyes "customer service representatives" floating around on these forums just a few months ago, though haven't seen too many of them these days.

Wait a while, they'll let you know what their customers' experiences have been like.
Old 02-19-03, 11:36 PM

Well, I received notification today after e-mailing them. Thing is, they rejected half the discs I sent because of supposed "damage," which is ridiculous. Two of them had never even been viewed, only taken out of the shrink wrap! Another, Pearl Harbor Vista Series, had been watched once and the two extras discs never left the sleeve. I suspect Scotland, PA was rejected because there was no insert, but the publisher never included one. There wasn't a single mark, fingerprint, or visible dust on any of them.

Everything was also very securely packaged for shipment, so I'm quite curious to see what condition I get these back in.
Old 02-20-03, 10:56 AM
Banned

Well, I guess I should have given you a warning on that front.

Part of my package was rejected for no apparent reason, the disc and case was in perfect shape. To be fair to them, I received the disc back in the condition I sent it in, and they paid the return shipping. I still can't figure out why they rejected it.

I complained about it on this forum, and got mob lynched. I don't know if I was lynched by people working for digital eyes or by real people on this forum.

Ever since that time, I have kept my mouth shut on matters concerning this company, until I saw this thread.

Last edited by DVD DVD DVD; 02-20-03 at 09:22 PM.
Old 02-20-03, 05:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just mailed off about 15 dvds a week ago, I hope I don't run into any problems. I completely flipped on a Spun.com trade in that was rejected. The problem with Spun is that they want to charge you to ship the item back, which just makes it all the more aggravating.
Old 02-20-03, 09:24 PM
Banned

Oh forgot to add, ever since that mob lynching a few months ago, I've become "shunned" on the exchange forum.
Old 02-21-03, 10:21 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

DVD DVD DVD - I remember that thread: people were on your case not because of the complaint itself but because of how belligerent you were.

And didn't you end up admitting that you didn't even look at your discs before sending them to DE?

It was also quite humorous how you were deleting your own posts from that thread in an attempt to backtrack...hmm, I can't seem to find the thread: did you end up deleting it?

If the mob lynching "kept your mouth shut"...well, to be honest, that's what happens to malcontents on forum boards who can't seem to interact with others with some decorum.

...and no, I don't work for Digital Eyes
Old 02-21-03, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by greydt
DVD DVD DVD - I remember that thread: people were on your case not because of the complaint itself but because of how belligerent you were.

And didn't you end up admitting that you didn't even look at your discs before sending them to DE?

It was also quite humorous how you were deleting your own posts from that thread in an attempt to backtrack...hmm, I can't seem to find the thread: did you end up deleting it?

If the mob lynching "kept your mouth shut"...well, to be honest, that's what happens to malcontents on forum boards who can't seem to interact with others with some decorum.

...and no, I don't work for Digital Eyes
greydt,
Thanks for posting that and saving me the time. You've described that situation accurately.

In the case of that particular "mob lynching", JUSTICE WAS SERVED.

And, by the way, I don't work for Digital Eyes either. I'm just another long-term customer willing to come to their defense in the case of false accusations.

I've sent at least a dozen shipments of used discs to Digital Eyes, and only ever had one disc rejected due to a minor scratch on the disc.

Frankly, I'm glad that their acceptance criteria for used discs is so rigid because I also buy used discs from them and can trust them to be in excellent condition.
Old 02-21-03, 10:24 PM
Banned

However you guys want to spin this, I don't care anymore.
Old 02-21-03, 10:39 PM

Originally posted by DVD DVD DVD
However you guys want to spin this, I don't care anymore.
Are you kidding me?!?! If you didn't care anymore, you wouldn't of posted here on this thread to begin with. By the way, it's not spinning it, if it's the truth. And to add to what greydt said, you stated that your friend had your dvd's before you sent them to DE and that you didn't check them before sending them in to DE. People like you amaze me. You can set there and complain about something and not be accurate with your words or story. No. I do not for DE, but I have worked for some very well known dvd suppliers and can't stand to see someone rip a online store for doing nothing wrong.
Old 02-22-03, 01:11 AM
Banned

Originally posted by dvde
Are you kidding me?!?! If you didn't care anymore, you wouldn't of posted here on this thread to begin with.
I grew tired of crude exchanges of accusations back and forth with the likes of you and all the other extremely hostile posters with whom I had dealt with concerning this matter, who I still suspect work for this company in one capacity or another.

If you must know, the reason I erased all my prior postings concerning this experience was because I received personal threats on this forum as well as receiving threats in my e-mails. You can contact the owner of these forums, gkleiman to verify these facts, as I notified him of the threats I received. And these are also the reasons why I posted the story of lending the DVD to my friend. I did not deem it worthwhile to prolong the harsh exchange between myself and certain posters in light of the threats I received at the time.

I would like to use this opportunity to point out once again, the DVD in question is worth $7 in trade in, for which value I have been accused of going on a personal crusade to destroy the reputation of this online concern. Yes, for $7 I was willing to waste days upon days posting my grievances and be the target of particularly vicious personal insults and threats, of which time I could have spent far more productively in work related pursuits.

I was willing to let matters drop until I saw this thread, when someone else relayed exactly the same experience as I had in dealilng with particular company. I posted my past experience as a guide to this poster.

It was not my intention to stir up further controversies regarding this particular trading concern again on this forum, and be the target of further vicious personal insults and threats.

If these are the concessions you and certain other concerned parties want to extract from me, then you have my reply in the preceding paragraphs.

Last edited by DVD DVD DVD; 02-22-03 at 01:39 AM.
Old 02-22-03, 09:10 AM

Alright, here's highlights of DVD DVD DVD's rant against Digitaleyes from Nov. '02(from 3 consecutive posts toward the bottom of page 2 in this thread:http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...s&pagenumber=1)

DVD DVD DVD:
How was this issue EVER resolved? I sent in a brand new disc, and Digital Eyes sent me back an all scratched up one?

This is the ONLY instant this EVER happened to me out of the over 100 sales I have done on ebay! No explanation to what happend, only put the books on me to shut me up.

It is my word against theirs. Readers of this thread can believe whatever you want. I have voiced MY experience with them.

And think about this one for a second, when did it ever become a crime to recount one's experience with an e-tailer before? When was the last time you EVER saw someone like myself getting mob lynched for voicing recounting his own negative experience with an e-tailer?

People have lynched me for coming out and recounting my experience with Digital Eyes. Am I the only one that smells something funny going on here!

Digitaleyes:
The disc you sent in was not brand new. Brand new to me would indicate that the DVD was sealed. The one we received from you was not sealed.

I do not think you were "lynch mobbed" because you recounted a bad experience. I think it was more because of the way you handled it. Deleting your posts really made it difficult for anyone to make a judgment on your comments.

We have made mistakes with customers in the past and have received negative comments. That is the nature of having a business. It is absolutely impossible to be perfect and never have anything go wrong. However, we did nothing wrong in your case. We received your discs, inspected them, refused one and paid you immediately.

I did look at the DVD that we returned to you. There were two or three faint scratches on the DVD. Have you received it back yet? You automatically assumed that we switched a disc on you the minute you received the e-mail summarizing the transaction. You did not give us time to even respond to your queries and when we did respond you have still not contacted us. Waging this battle in a forum really is not practical.

I am sorry that you are still so unhappy about the transaction. We followed the policy provided in the quote you accepted. We sent you the EXACT copy that you sent in. There was absolutely no switching of discs. We even paid the return shipping so you are out nothing and you get back your DVD that was not accepted.

DVD DVD DVD:
I would like to issue an apology to Digital Eyes.

It turned out that a friend of mine had borrowed the DVD, and after I told him about the incident, he told me that it was probably himself that scratched up the disc, and neglected to tell me about it afterwards. I didn't check the disc before I sent it to Digital Eyes.

If Digital Eyes would like me to issue a formal apology in the Bargains forum, please contact me, and I will do so at your request.

Again, my sincere apologies for having acted in haste.
Old 02-22-03, 01:13 PM
Banned

Bump
Old 02-22-03, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Bump
Thanks for bumping this thread. It had fallen almost an eighth of the way down the page, and if not for it jumping to the top, I never would have learned The Truth.

Old 02-23-03, 12:50 AM
Banned

Bump
Old 02-23-03, 01:05 PM
Registered

Bump
Please do not repeately bump threads. Especially with this Digital Eyes tyrade you seem to be on.

As I mentioned in other threads you need to address your issues directly with them, your crusade has gone beyond providing feedback for other members into something a lot more beligerent and inapropriate for the forum.

I understand you consider yourself a wronged party, please don't let your reaction to it be the thing that gets your removed from the DVD Talk Forum.
Old 02-24-03, 11:13 AM

I have actually BEEN to digital eyes! I travel through Nashville on a buisness trip occasionally and had to stop in. I recommend it to anybody coming through there. They were fabulous! There is 2 or 3 guys and a girl that work there, that's it. They have a little space in the back of a strip of offices. They were wonderfully friendly and gave me the run of their room (that's right, I said room) of DVDs. It is actually about the size of a bedroom. So it is a tiny operation but, they are very personable and willing to help in any way. Just thought I would mention it in case anybody was interested.
Old 02-24-03, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A little more tolerance and on topic discussion would be appreciated. If you disagree and it bothers you....just ignore it (yeah I know, easier said than done...I suck)
Old 02-26-03, 11:57 AM

My rejected discs came back from Digital Eyes today, and I am definitely not happy.

Two of the DVDs are covered in dust, lint, hair, and small surface scratches that were not present when I sent them in. The first disc of Pearl Harbor appears to have splatters of liquid spilled and dried on it, along with a substantial scratch that wasn't there before. The hub in the Dangerous Liaisons snapper case is completely shattered, but I suppose that could've happened in shipping even though everything was very securely packed. My copy of Slums of Beverly Hills, though, is fine: no broken hubs, no markings or anything. Still don't understand why it was rejected as "defective."

I used my partial credit towards a copy of Stalker, so hopefully this order comes through alright. Beyond this purcahse, though, I will certainly not be doing business with Digital Eyes again.
Old 02-26-03, 02:03 PM
Cool New Member

They do great business

I just wanted to add my 2 cents about Digital Eyes. I live in Nashville and do business by them often. I've sold 20+ discs to them in the past and have never had one rejected. I could sell my discs for more privately or purchase my discs from other retailers cheaper (especially considering I get hit with 9.25% sales tax) but Jen & Rob and the rest of the Digital Eyes team have always been extremely professional to deal with in person and over the phone. They will continue to receive the majority of my DVD business. If you want to stop by their store, they are in far west Nashville off I-40 and Charlotte Pike. I work for Dell and have no monetary business interest in Digital Eyes.

Paul
Nashville, TN
Old 02-26-03, 06:58 PM

I just got an email, and they accepted all of my dvds from 2 shipments. I opted for a check, so I will be waiting for that to arrive. So far everything has been top notch.
Old 02-26-03, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Cosmic Bus
My rejected discs came back from Digital Eyes today, and I am definitely not happy.

Two of the DVDs are covered in dust, lint, hair, and small surface scratches that were not present when I sent them in. The first disc of Pearl Harbor appears to have splatters of liquid spilled and dried on it, along with a substantial scratch that wasn't there before. The hub in the Dangerous Liaisons snapper case is completely shattered, but I suppose that could've happened in shipping even though everything was very securely packed. My copy of Slums of Beverly Hills, though, is fine: no broken hubs, no markings or anything. Still don't understand why it was rejected as "defective."

I used my partial credit towards a copy of Stalker, so hopefully this order comes through alright. Beyond this purcahse, though, I will certainly not be doing business with Digital Eyes again.
That sucks, I would write to Digitaleyes and ask them what might have happened. But I must say shame on you for letting a couple of weeks pass before checking in on your discs. Whenever I sent a shipment to them I am calling in 2 or 3 days max to see whether they received them and if they can process them ASAP, normally I only get store credit because that is where I buy all my criterions. Why did you wait so long to check up on your used dvds?
Old 02-26-03, 11:02 PM

Why did you wait so long to check up on your used dvds?
No particular reason. From what I've personally seen, 1 - 2 week turnover times from online stores isn't that uncommon, and since I had no idea how big of an operation Digital Eyes was or how many used discs they process each week, I didn't think much of it. This is the first genuinely negative experience I've had with an online vendor, though, so I'm not likely to be so passive in the future.

I will definitely be contacting them in regards to the condition of my DVDs, but am not expecting to get much out of it seeing how nothing can be proven either way.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.