Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anybody else find Office Max rebates difficult and confusing?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-03, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got some of those "free" cdrs at office max the other day...and its like you have to send different copies of different stuff to different places, and dig through some publication and find the coupons yourself. I like how Staples does it...prints out the rebate form with your receipt.

Sorry for the rant, after spending an hour doing rebate stuff, I am just irritated.
Old 02-20-03, 03:25 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

One rebate goes to the manufacturer and the other to Officemax.

Since they are free after rebates, you should feel better now
Old 02-21-03, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I had an infuriating experience with Office Max rebates. Last summer they had a "Free $400 Worth of Software After Rebate" Promotion with the purchase of an MS Office Update. It took me over 5 months to get my rebates even though everything was correct when submitted. Their fulfillment company, Young America, was extremely obdurate and uncooperative. They would send checks for part of the amount then stop payment on them. Everytime I called, they wanted another month to try to straighten it out and then they'd screw-up again and insist that it wasn't their fault. Office Max's customer service line was no help either. I have stopped shopping Office Max all together since this fiasco.
Old 02-22-03, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
I have to say, although the paperwork can be somewhat troublesome, I have always gotten my rebates from OfficeMax without having to make dozens of phone calls and return visits, which is why I stopped shopping at CompUSA. That and the fact that they are always out of their advertised specials. I don't buy rebate items at Best Buy either, because I usually end up having to pay for a long-distance call to the manufacturer. Rebates suck, in general, but I have had excellent results with OfficeMax, even though you sometimes have to wait months.
Old 02-23-03, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

another thing that bothers me....both the manufacturer and office max asked for the original barcodes....since the manufacturer was sending more money..i sent them the original, and officemax a copy.