Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

C2it will start charging to send money on 2/23/03

Old 02-06-03, 10:18 PM

C2it will start charging to send money on 2/23/03

In light of the eBay Fixed price free listing today, I put a bunch of stuff up on eBay. I was thinking about accepting payment through C2it (as opposed to the usual PayPal) but I kept getting confused the contradictions about fees on their site.

Finally when I read the fine print, I saw that starting on 2/23/03 they will charge 2.0% of transaction, $0.30 minimum to send cash.

Obviously, it's good if you're a seller, and bad if you're a buyer. I think buyers are gonna be reluctant to use it, especially if they have the option of paying via PayPal for free.
Old 02-06-03, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just use a paypal personal account and ask your buyer to pay via a bank transfer or via funds already in his account. If that doesn't work out, tell the buyer to pay the paypal fee.
Old 02-07-03, 01:51 PM

Originally posted by huzefa
Just use a paypal personal account and ask your buyer to pay via a bank transfer or via funds already in his account. If that doesn't work out, tell the buyer to pay the paypal fee.
i do this. not many people wanted to pay through c2it when it was free, now that they will be charging i won't expect i dime through them ever again.
Old 02-07-03, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by huzefa
You aren't supposed to do that under Paypal's TOS, and they can close your account for it:
You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as payment. This restriction does not prevent you from imposing a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge (in other words, the handling fee for transactions paid through PayPal may not be higher than the handling fee for transactions paid through other payment methods).
( http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr...yments-outside )
Old 02-08-03, 11:43 AM

I've been accepting PayPal for a while, but I recently discovered C2it and thought it might be a nice alternative until I saw the thing about them starting to charge.

I guess I will just continue accepting PayPal because in my opinion, I would probably lose more bids by not accepting PayPal than I would save on service charges.