Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

How come Bestbuy doesn't have Thelma and Louise SE

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 02-05-03, 02:13 PM
Banned

I have been to two different Bestbuys in search of Thelma and Louise SE. Then I went to Circuit City and they had plenty of copies. What is up they advertised it in the sunday paper for 15.99?
Old 02-05-03, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Any number of possibilities.

It was on an endcap.

You were looking in the wrong section.

The BB people didn't put it out on display in time.

That said, why is this an issue when you apparently own it already? (http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=268772)
Old 02-05-03, 02:27 PM

Location: Omaha, Nebraska Politics: Conservative Gender: Male
I got a copy at Best Buy, but they only had two at the time. I think they get in very few copies of some titles.

Deane
Old 02-05-03, 02:28 PM

All my normal B&M stores didn't have any either. I need to head to Circuit City in Toledo and pick up a copy.

-doc
Old 02-05-03, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Could be that by the time you got there, they were sold out - I've had that happen several times at BestBuy with new releases.

And.... why didn't you go to Circuit City in the first place, since their advertised price was $13.99 - which is $2.00 less than BestBuy.
Old 02-05-03, 02:38 PM

Our BB had about 18 copies; CC had about 6.
Old 02-05-03, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My Best Buy had zip. I went there for All in the Family Season 2 and Driving Miss Daisy, primarily, and was probably going to pick up Thelma and Louise. They had none of them. I even checked end caps and I went to the new release section to see if they were there. A girl came up to me and asked me if I needed help, and I said, "I am looking for All in the Family Season Two." I had already been down the TV shows aisle, and saw just season one, and I made a note that they had sold out of Good Times, and they had enough space on the shelf for like four copies, a bad, bad move. I might have picked that up if they had it. Not a must have, but a damn funny show and good to get for about 19.99!!

Anyway, she says, I, "I know we had one earlier" and she is looking thru the season one DVDs and doesn't see it. They had gotten in four copies of Good Times and only one copy of All in the Family season two. I said, "that's all right, I will just order online." and left.

That is what I hate most about Best Buy and that is on Tuesday they don't get in many catologue titles and things like TV shows on DVD. But if it's Duece Bigelow or some other piece of crap on a silver disc, they get in a thousand copies. I say screw them, I will just order online for everything from now on.

And these stores (not just Best Buy) wonder why they are losing money and online shopping is up. Gee, I wonder.
Old 02-05-03, 05:02 PM

The Best Buy I went to had it yesterday. Circuit City did not but I was able to price match at Best Buy so no problem for me.
Old 02-05-03, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I know what you're talking about. These stores seem to focus HEAVILY on new releases, unless it's something huge like E.T. or Back to the Future.

The week that Sunset Boulevard came out, I couldn't find it anywhere. However, if I wanted the new Olsen Twins movie, or a couple of B-movies like Love and a Bullet or Undisputed, or MTV Yoga (yes, that really exists), I would have had no problem. Then again, I have never seen it advertised so maybe they didn't even know it existed.
Old 02-05-03, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Best Buy is getting progressively sloppier about what it has on hand on release day. They don't even have the best prices like they did a couple years ago.
Old 02-05-03, 07:42 PM

They had it at the one I go to, but they didn't have Igby Goes Down out. So I asked the guy to check to see if they do, of coarse they do, but it's in the back and he wouldn't go get one. This is the first time they have given me this excuse and I'm kinda dissapointed with them. Off to Walmart I go.
Old 02-07-03, 10:58 AM
Suspended

Yeah, I was gonna go to Circuit City to get Thelma & Louise SE for 13.99 - went there - they didnt have it.

Went over to Best Buy and bought it for $15.99 (how do you price match? do I need the ad?)

Best Buy near me is realiable as Heck.........Palisades Center Mall
Old 02-08-03, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by gregorymarshall
Went over to Best Buy and bought it for $15.99 (how do you price match? do I need the ad?)
Yes, just take CircuitCity's ad from this week to BB along with your receipt any time up until close on Saturday (2/8) and they will give you the difference plus 10%.

So in your case, $2.20.
Old 02-10-03, 09:57 PM

The Best Buy that I went to was sold out on Saturday, which was the earliest that I could make it to a Best Buy. I even had to ask them to check the computer. I went to a different Best Buy on Sunday and bought one of their three remaining copies, price-matched to Fry's, who fortunately still had it on sale for $13.99 (through Tuesday, February 11).