Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Digtial coupons and BB

Old 02-05-03, 10:36 AM

Digtial coupons and BB

I purchased two movies at bestbuy.com and they both arrived as floaters. What I want to know is if I return the disk that has a digital coupon that's supposed to come will they not send me the digital coupon. What if I return the disk after I get the digital coupon can they take the coupon away if they see the return pop up?

I called best buy and asked about exchange the disk and they said they would only take it back no exchanges.
Old 02-05-03, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I assume that they are still sealed, which is why BB will only refund, not exchange.

So why not open them - if they are undamaged, issue settled. If they are damaged, then they can be exchanged.
Old 02-05-03, 10:11 PM

Last summer, I received a DVD from BestBuy.com with a scratch on it. I took it back to the store (Metrocenter in AZ) and they exchanged it no problem for me.

In your case, I would wait until you receive the digital coupon, then take it back for an exchange, if possible.
Old 02-10-03, 05:57 PM

Speaking of Digital coupons, Has anyone who pre-ordered Sweet Home Alabama gotten $5 coupon yet?
Old 02-11-03, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Digtial coupons and BB

Originally posted by cgraziat
I purchased two movies at bestbuy.com and they both arrived as floaters. What I want to know is if I return the disk that has a digital coupon that's supposed to come will they not send me the digital coupon. What if I return the disk after I get the digital coupon can they take the coupon away if they see the return pop up?

I called best buy and asked about exchange the disk and they said they would only take it back no exchanges.
I've returned a DVD and still got the DC. Should be no need to wait. I did it twice. Once I returned the item with no subsequent purchase. The next time I returned it (to do a PM), but they had to return the item and rebuy it as they cannot do a price adjust on a bestbuy.com item at the store. In both cases I still got the DC, after return.
Old 02-11-03, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Thirsty
Speaking of Digital coupons, Has anyone who pre-ordered Sweet Home Alabama gotten $5 coupon yet?
they send the DCs the Friday after the release date.