Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Major FYE.com beefs

Old 01-30-03, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Major FYE.com beefs

I've spent alot of money at FYE in the last month, especially with the 20% coupon.

Their billing system is abysmal. What they seem to be doing is charging & taxing each item seperately, which I wouldn't object to, but the prices don't match up to the website because of this. Bad enough the prices on some of my orders on the website have raised after I placed them. I just got my bank statement and it's really hard to figure out just what costs what.

What's going to have to happen is I'll have to wait for all my pre-orders with them to ship (well into March) so I can figure out what the hell is going on. Including the fluctuating prices, overtaxes, shipping charges (which there shouldn't be).

What a mess.
Old 01-30-03, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have been checking my charges on-line on my Visa card and so far they have been correct. It is a bit confusing on their web site when you see the orignal price and then the price after the coupon and down further are the charges each time they have shipped something with the tax included.

I did have one item that was listed at 23.96 but when I put it in my cart it was like 25.46. I waited a couple of hours and then it was listed at 25.46 and the cart price was the same.

I still have some pre-orders comming and I hope I have no problems like you have had.

Last edited by ernestrp; 01-30-03 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-31-03, 08:04 AM
Cool New Member

I, too, am having problems with them. First, I tried to place an Order for 21 items using the 20% off coupon. I got as far as clicking on checkout and received the following message: Server Error. Experiencing extremely high volume. Try again later. I did - 4 times - with the same results. I called Customer Service. The woman with whom I spoke was very helpful. She checked with their Webmaster who said to break the Order up and, if this did not work to call back. It did not work and I called back. I was transferred to the Webmaster. He couldn't understand the problem but was, also, helpful and placed the orders, himself. He assured me there would be no shipping charges and I would get credit for the 20% off coupon on each order. Well, one of the orders he placed amounted to less than $49 - and I was charged $6.99 for shipping. I have e-mailed them 5 times - no response. I have called them on 3 occasions. The first 2 times I was on hold for so long I hung up. The last time, I was switched to voice mail (we are experiencing an extremely high volume....). I have received no response. I am, still unable to place an order with them (I still get the same Server Error message); but, at this point in time, I don't really know if I want to deal with them. They were a billing nightmare when they were TWEC....it doesn't appear that things have changed! Oh, they, also, cancelled one of my pre-orders for no reason.
Old 01-31-03, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't think I'll be ordering from them again either.

It's great when everything goes smoothly, but you have to be lucky on that. I spoke to a mgr twice- she seemed annoyed when I called up- she told me to email her the confirmations and she'd correct the misprices- Well, I emailed her twice over two weeks ago and she still hasn't responded, won't pick up the phone, nothing.

FYE.com seems to be running like a company that's on its last legs. Their practicing of double-dipping on CC charges is disturbing to say the least. I don't think I'll be dealing with them again.

I'd rather deal with Columbia House than deal with them. That says alot. Lol.
Old 02-02-03, 05:02 PM

I'm in the same boat. With the 20% coupon they had great pricing, but actually getting them to ship the product at the price agreed to is impossible.

I'm still waiting on ST:TNG 1-7. UPS shows it due Monday....
ordered it originally January 9th via 2day.

-A
Old 02-02-03, 05:35 PM

The only problem I've been having is you have to call for them to release your order if its over 100 bucks. Also I have to return half the crap because I like all my stuff mint, and it seems they drop everything in the wharehouse. Good thing you can just take it back to the store.
Old 02-03-03, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just had my first problem with Fye.com. I had an order with the Complete Musketeers pre-order, release date 2/4. I checked it today and its listed as Cancelled. Did anyone else order this? It was not that much off and I think I used the 15% off code. Its still listed on their web site with the same release date and the same orignal price. I guess I might as well just forget it as long as there are no charges.
Old 02-03-03, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They cancelled Mildred Pierce from my order. I called and talked to a CSR that had a thick accent, so I wasn't quite sure as to why this preorder was cancelled. She said that they can place a new order for it, but would have to charge full price for it, including shipping. She said that after it shipped, they would refund the shipping charge and the 20% from the coupon that I had originally used. Hopefully all will go well, but I have a bunch of preorders left and do not want to have to go through this process on each and everyone of them. Sigh.
Old 02-03-03, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yes, my Complete Musketeers was cancelled as well. On my order status page if I click on any of the items it shows they are not available- I bet you all our pre-orders from now on will be cancelled. They suck. I'll never order anything from them again, that's for sure. Watch your CC charges folks.

Can anyone else who was similar problems please post here? I'm considering cancelling all my orders and getting in on pre-order prices somewhere else, but I don't want to cancel untill I know for sure they won't honor pre-orders.

James, I wouldn't do that unless you have it in writing- you'll probably have to contact the CC company to get your money back.

Last edited by Eric F; 02-03-03 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-03-03, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I forgot about Mildred Pierce, thats been cancelled to. I might call them up and canel all the remaining orders I have with them if they are going to wait until the day before release and cancel them.
Old 02-03-03, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Eric F

James, I wouldn't do that unless you have it in writing- you'll probably have to contact the CC company to get your money back.
I decided to give them a chance to rectify it because there is an FYE store at my local mall. Worst case scenario, I'll return it to the mall for a full refund. I am going to call their customer care # a few days before my next preorder is to be released to advise them that I want this order to be shipped. Very frustrating.
Old 02-03-03, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Just checked my status with Six Feet Under this morning, and, of course, it's listed as canceled. The CSR didn't mention anything about having to place the order again at full price and get a refund, but then again, she also said she'd fix it, and 4 hours later, it's still listed as canceled with no new order placed.

Can't say I'm looking forward to giving them more of my business at this point.
Old 02-03-03, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Alot of people must be in the same situation because I'm on permanent hold now. They must be getting alot of calls. Not even worth leaving a name and # because they never call back.

I have Man Who Fell to Earth on order for next week, but I suspect that will be cancelled too. Now it's just a matter of speaking to someone- I'll probably cancel. Not worth the agravation to save a few bucks.

Last edited by Eric F; 02-03-03 at 01:04 PM.
Old 02-03-03, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just tried to call to and got put on hold (with elevator music). I just hung up. I doubt they would do anything but tell me the order again and they will fix it later, which I will not do. To much trouble.
Old 02-03-03, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just checked on my orders and found An Affair to Remember and Road House are now listed as cancelled. Both are scheduled to be released on 2/4. I guess they are trying to get out of honoring all the orders placed with the coupons.
Old 02-03-03, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
As I posted over here...according to Gina, my preorder of the Money Pit is still on...
Old 02-03-03, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If next week's orders don't show it's safe to assume that they've all been cancelled.

I suspect that it's not an intentional thing- they appear too incompetant to do anything that way. I suspect it's a problem with their inventory, like when they raised the prices on my order status. If you placed an order before that date, if you click on the title name on that page it links to an "this title isn't currently availble" message. If I type in the search name they're there.
Old 02-03-03, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just checked all my orders and it either still says preordered or new so I don't know if I ever will get them.......
Old 02-03-03, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
So, this problem is happening with recent preorders and pre-existing preorders on this date too...?
Old 02-03-03, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Rogue588
So, this problem is happening with recent preorders and pre-existing preorders on this date too...?
Complete Musketeers order placed 1/1/03

Mildred Pierce order placed 1/10/03
Old 02-04-03, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Anyone been able to get through to FYE on the phone today?
Old 02-04-03, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received this email from FYE in regards to the cancelled orders.

Dear Valued FYE Customer,

We are contacting you regarding your order placed at www.fye.com. Your order contained a pre-ordered item, due to be released on 2/4/03. Due to a technical issue in our system, your order for this item was unfortunately cancelled. You will not be shipped this item.

As per fye.com policy, we do not charge your credit card for any item until it is shipped. Therefore your credit card was not charged for this item. If you used a gift card as payment for your order, we ask that you check the balance of your gift card today (by using the link provided: https://www.fye.com/giftcard/giftBalanceInquiry.jhtml ) and then again in 2 business days. Your gift card will be appropriately credited for the cancelled item.

You can check the status of your order by using the "Order Status" link at the top of any www.fye.com page, or by clicking on the link provided (https://www.fye.com/account/orderStatus.jhtml ).

These items are still available on our site, and we ask that if you are still interested in receiving this item, that you re-enter a new order for it.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or confusion that may have been caused to you by this cancellation.

If we can be of further assistance, we ask that you please reply to this email, or contact us at [email protected]. Please reference your order number in your correspondence to us.

Sincerely,
Customer Care
http://www.fye.com
Never Stop Playing (tm)

Old 02-04-03, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have a number of preorders with them (part of one big order) and hadn't got shipping confirmation for Into the West and Igby Goes Down yet,so I checked order status - Igby is processing and Into the West was canceled and is not available on their website anymore. This looks like it is going to be an interesting experience.
Old 02-05-03, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i think that i wasn't not charged for one of the twilight zone sets. i had place a really big order with the monty python boxset, 2 twilight zone sets, and a ken burns doc. the KB doc shipped but one of the TZ sets was unexpectedly cancelled. then i called up to cancel the MP boxset because FYE had lowered the price so i wanted to reorder. long story short, in all of the cancellations i can't find being charged the $6X.XX for the TZ set.
Old 02-05-03, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Save your confirmations/receipts people. I'm seriously considering contacting the Atourney General if FYE doesn't fix my overchages. They need to be fined for this.

Not even buy.com would have the cajones to raise prices after you make your purchase. They can call it whatever they want, a snafu, glitch, etc., but any way you look at it, it's still illegal.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.