Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Borders

Old 01-27-03, 09:08 PM

Borders

If I reserve an item at a Borders store that is far away, can I call the store and have them ship it to me?
Old 01-28-03, 12:03 AM

Re: Borders

Originally posted by dbmottle
If I reserve an item at a Borders store that is far away, can I call the store and have them ship it to me?
they would not allow me to do it. your best bet is to call in and have them look for it while you are on the phone. actually i think that is your only bet.
Old 01-28-03, 12:04 AM

oh and also. descriptive thread titles usually help to get an answer faster.
Old 01-31-03, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Seeing that I work at Borders, you can have them send it to you. Postage (FEDEX is not cheap) and you must provide a valid credit card # in for them to send it to you.
Old 01-31-03, 03:55 PM

speedy that wasn't the question, though. the op asked if you could have them reserve it via the online method then get them to mail it after you receive confirmation of it being held. when i tried this i was not allowed as they said there was no way for me to prove that it was being held for me.
Old 02-01-03, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally posted by WiccanPagan
speedy that wasn't the question, though. the op asked if you could have them reserve it via the online method then get them to mail it after you receive confirmation of it being held. when i tried this i was not allowed as they said there was no way for me to prove that it was being held for me.
I'm not sure why they told you that. Once it is a confirmed hold, you can call the store and make arrangements with the main information desk personnel. Perhaps, the person answering the phone did not know how to do this. Heck, when I first started I didn't know we mailed books and stuff out to customers (which in some cases was only 2 blocks away!)
Old 02-01-03, 06:57 AM

As speedy1961 indicated, Borders can have an item shipped to you, although you may need to speak to a manager to instigate this process. I reserved an item online this week that showed to be in the inventory of a few local stores. However, I later received emails that none of my first-choice stores had it in stock. The only confirmation I got was from a secondary choice that is the furthest store away from me in my metropolitan area.

I called and spoke to a clerk who told me that Borders no longer maintains a store-transfer policy, but if I spoke to the manager, it could be arranged or I could have it shipped to me. Indeed, the manager confirmed that they could send the item to me (I didn’t inquire about shipping methods or price), or there were several other options available to me. I chose to have them transfer my DVD to the store closest to me.

So in answer to dbmottle’s original question, the online reservation and shipping method was an option in my case. However, if there is another store closer to you, I would recommend a store-to-store transfer. You may have to speak with a manager to have this work for you.
Old 02-01-03, 12:35 PM

i never doubted the them shipping it to people. i have used this as well, but the stores in which i reserved things (via online) would not ship them to me until the current hold was completed.