Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

2002 Good and Bad

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

2002 Good and Bad

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-03, 05:28 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2002 Good and Bad

I keep a record of all my purchases and I was looking over all of my online DVD purchases for this past year and thought I would share the over all experiences I had. In 2000--2001 I spread myself all over from Reel, 800, BN, Buy, and Amazon. This past year I stayed mostly with Amazon since I have the credit card.

Amazon--22 purchases--no lost shipments--3 problems with billing all resolved to my satisfaction. I cancelled and re-ordered a number of times when better deals came up to take advantage of--such as share the love from people and coupons

DDD--3 purchases--no lost shipments--3 problems. I received 4 copies of one title for whatever reason. I returned with no problem and was credited. Received 10% coupon which didn't work with next order. Last order was cancelled for no reason, then when I ordered elsewhere, was then shipped. Nice people to talk to, but I really didn't want to talk to them so much. I cancelled 3 orders after the last problem.

DVDEmpire--1 order which did not ship even though every thing was out. It was 4 pre-ordered items. When the last item hit the street date and the order had not shipped a week later, I just cancelled.

Bestbuy--1 order--no problems though it did take forever to reach me.

DVDSoon--tried to order, so much of a pain with the credit card I just gave up.

BN--1 order, no problems--though I have yet to find a good enough deal to make me want to go back.

CDNow--1 order, no problems, though they ship out of Jersey, so I got hit with sales tax, so I didn't order again.

Spun.com--ordered several used dvd's and had great service. Seems like a real pro outfit.

I guess I will be sticking with Amazon for a while. I don't like hassles with my orders, and if I have a problem, I want it cleared up quickly. So as long as Amazon keeps the free shipping with delivery confirmation I guess I will stick with them.
Old 01-10-03, 06:18 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I would recommend digitaleye.net. Their prices are good and have coupons occasionally. They have free shipping for more than 3 items. Items are shipped from PA so you won't wait too long for them to show up.