Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

lost package policy

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

lost package policy

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-02, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lost package policy

Does anyone know what the policy for lost package usually is? I purchased 3 DVD titles from deepdiscountdvd.com (shipped free via standard mail), it's been almost 2 weeks and I haven't received them. It never took this long. Their site says that it will arrive within 5-10 business days so I will wait 2 days more before emailing them. Has anyone here had their package lost in the mail? Which store and what's the policy?
I think next time I'll only use UPS or anything that has confirmation, instead of standard mail, eventhough it's free.
Old 11-18-02, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Media mail can be extremely slow. I had a order from DDD take 3 weeks to arrive once. I thought it was lost and called them after 2 weeks but they wanted me to wait another week. And like I previously mentioned it did finally arrive.

I did have a DVD order from Amazon that was lost in early October. I called after 2 weeks and they promptly sent a replacement with a return label if the lost item ever arrived. The lost item did have delivery confirmation for USPS. But the only details listed was it was shipped and in transit, never delivered.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 11-18-02 at 09:00 PM.
Old 11-19-02, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I to had a DDD order take 20+ days to get to me last spring. I called after 2 weeks and was told to wait until Monday and call back. Then when I called Monday I was told to wait until Friday. It finally showed up that Thursday or Friday of that week.

I now have an order with Circuit City.com that shipped on November 7 that has not arrived. I will wait until Friday to call them since that would equal the 10 buisness days they say it might take. If it has not come by then I'am sure they will tell me to wait another week and call back. FREE shipping can have a price!!!!
Old 11-21-02, 04:59 PM

The important thing to remember about Media/Standard mail is it is the lowest priced, lowest priority shipping the post office offers. Delivery can be very fast, but we have had orders lately in extreme cases take up to 5 weeks.

The holidays always slow down the mail and we are now in that season.
Old 11-21-02, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

DDD's free shipping is very slow. Usually at least 2 weeks to get to me (in California). I have experienced media mails taking 3 weeks or more to get to me. So be patient.
Old 11-21-02, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by DigitalEyes
Delivery can be very fast, but we have had orders lately in extreme cases take up to 5 weeks.

I once had a DVD from Columbia House take over 3 months to arrive. By that time I already had given it up for lost, and received a replacement.
Old 11-22-02, 07:42 PM

Thanks for your replies. I'm a bit relieved now.
Next time I will take into consideration the actual speed of media mail before choosing it.
(I'm in California, too... so maybe it'll take more than 2 weeks..)
Old 11-23-02, 09:59 PM

I order the Nightmare on Elm Street Collection from DDD last year. It never arrived after 21 days. I called and they sent a replacement ASAP via priority. All future dealings with them I have paid shipping for priority. Packages have a habit of getting lost when they are sent via media. Not that etailer's fault by any means, could just be my local PO.
On a side note, my order from Amazon.ca for Band of Brothers was shipped on the 4th and I have not seen head nor tails of it. Hopefully Monday will be a different story but I am losing hope quickly.
Old 11-23-02, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by kcdny
Packages have a habit of getting lost when they are sent via media. Not that etailer's fault by any means, could just be my local PO.
I agree with the problem using media mail. I didn't have any packages disappear with media mail, but I did have a bunch of missing DVDs in a media mail. Store said they shipped everything in that package, but what arrived at my door was a mostly empty box with 1 out of 6 DVDs I bought. Kinda strange if you ask me. Why would someone just steal 5 out of 6 DVDs in a box and not everything?